Sam Darnold wanted Gase to be HC

Jet25

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

peyton manning finger guns GIF by Gatorade

This guy is the reason we hired Gase. Let's not be history revisionist...

I agree he was a big part but I'm sure they asked Sam Darnold about how he felt about Gase to help him succeed and spoke highly of him then went with the hire

9 minutes ago, heymangold said:

listening to the michael kay show yesterday, don lagreca had a great conspiracy theory that peyton has a legitimate grudge and hatred for the jets.  he lists the following as to reasons that point to peyton making it his mission to sabotage the jets:

1.  stayed an extra year at tennessee because he didn't want to play for the jets

2. snubbing the jets in free agency

3. calling CJ to recommend gase for HC.

peyton is the reason we've been in perpetual hell.

Or he just wanted to help a buddy out.  If the most logical conclusion is a simple believable reality.. it's usually the right one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

listening to the michael kay show yesterday, don lagreca had a great conspiracy theory that peyton has a legitimate grudge and hatred for the jets.  he lists the following as to reasons that point to peyton making it his mission to sabotage the jets:

1.  stayed an extra year at tennessee because he didn't want to play for the jets

And Belichick seems to passionately hate the Jets.  Heck, even Parcells gave us the cold shoulder in the 30 for 30 (he didn't want to go to our locker room).

I really wonder what the issue is.  I assume it's related to the Johnson family (who do seem pretty loathsome - certainly Woody).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Against what teams exactly ? And was this after losing to 2 winless teams ?

When you have a roster that most experts believe is Bottom 5 in the NFL, any win is an accomplishment to celebrate.

The Jets were the underdog in all 9 games and won 6 of them.

You have strange expectations.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When you have a roster that most experts believe is Bottom 5 in the NFL, any win is an accomplishment to celebrate.

The Jets were the underdog in all 9 games and won 6 of them.

You have strange expectations.

SAR I

We’ve both been Gase backers, but given Darnold’s diminishing lack of testicular fortitude, maybe it’s time to hand him over to a head coach that can press him some? Maybe Sam is a little too comfortable at this point in his career?

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And Belichick seems to passionately hate the Jets.  Heck, even Parcells gave us the cold shoulder in the 30 for 30 (he didn't want to go to our locker room).

I really wonder what the issue is.  I assume it's related to the Johnson family (who do seem pretty loathsome - certainly Woody).

They both ran from Woody as fast as they could

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We’ve both been Gase backers, but given Darnold’s diminishing lack of testicular fortitude, maybe it’s time to hand him over to a head coach that can press him some? Maybe Sam is a little too comfortable at this point in his career?

Possibly the funniest thing you've ever said!

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

can someone/media/talking heads get in contact with peyton and interview him on this support for case

29 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And after our next 3 losses in a row you can still say Gase is somehow .500 congrats

Well, that would be a fact, wouldn't it?

You're a smart man, you've been around a long time, you know how this works for a bad NFL team.  The first step that shows you're headed in the right direction is the ability to beat the scrubs on your schedule consistently.  Even with a brutally injured and ill roster, the Jets did that last year, and this year the Bills are not a scrub.  Neither are the 49ers.

I expect us to be more competitive at Indy and against the Broncos.  I expect us to be 2-2.  I'll save my disappointment with Adam Gase until we aren't.  So should you.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I will agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly if:

1.  We aren't 2-2 at the turn.

2.  Darnold continues to play like he did in Buffalo.

I can stomach, hell, expect us to lose to back-to-back playoff teams in a season without a preseason and with tremendous personnel turnover.  I cannot stomach losing to the Colts (weak roster, weak quarterback) and Broncos (road TNF team) at all.  If that happens, I'm going to hold someone accountable. 

SAR I

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I will agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly if:

1.  We aren't 2-2 at the turn.

2.  Darnold continues to play like he did in Buffalo.

I can stomach, hell, expect us to lose to back-to-back playoff teams in a season without a preseason and with tremendous personnel turnover.  I cannot stomach losing to the Colts (weak roster, weak quarterback) and Broncos (road TNF team) at all.  If that happens, I'm going to hold someone accountable. 

SAR I

And it won't be Adam Gase.

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And it won't be Adam Gase.

It is not hard to differentiate bad quarterback play from bad offensive coordination.

When Rich Kotite runs a draw on 3rd and 12, that's bad playcalling.  When Chad Pennington takes a sack to protect his completion percentage, that's bad quarterbacking.  When Tony Sparano calls a 3 yard cut on 3rd and 8, that's bad playcalling.  When Geno Smith overthrows wide open receivers, that's bad quarterbacking.

Give me an evenly matched and equally flawed opponent and I'll tell you whether it was playcalling or quarterback play that led to a win or a loss.  Last year, we beat the Giants, Dolphins, Raiders, Steelers, Redskins, and Bills and that gives me hope for this season that (in our current beat up shape) we can be on par with the Colts and Broncos and that (when fully healthy) we can be competitive against the likes of the Chiefs, Seahawks, and Rams.

Perspective.  Get some.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It is not hard to differentiate bad quarterback play from bad offensive coordination.

When Rich Kotite runs a draw on 3rd and 12, that's bad playcalling.  When Chad Pennington takes a sack to protect his completion percentage, that's bad quarterbacking.  When Tony Sparano calls a 3 yard cut on 3rd and 8, that's bad playcalling.  When Geno Smith overthrows wide open receivers, that's bad quarterbacking.

Give me an evenly matched and equally flawed opponent and I'll tell you whether it was playcalling or quarterback play that led to a win or a loss.  Last year, we beat the Giants, Dolphins, Raiders, Steelers, Redskins, and Bills and that gives me hope for this season that (in our current beat up shape) we can be on par with the Colts and Broncos and that (when fully healthy) we can be competitive against the likes of the Chiefs, Seahawks, and Rams.

Perspective.  Get some.

SAR I

@Maxman - I'd like to request that you add new icon (with a picture of a pretzel) for when someone twists themselves into one, while defending a point.  (e.g. these 2 defenses of Adam Gase).

35 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@Maxman - I'd like to request that you add new icon (with a picture of a pretzel) for when someone twists themselves into one, while defending a point.  (e.g. these 2 defenses of Adam Gase).

tumblr_p1ff5lzMHa1uobsw4o1_250.jpg

You get your pretzel icon after I get my Eeyore icon.  Get in line, bub.

SAR I

• Haha 1