Jet25

Sam Darnold wanted Gase to be HC

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Well, in their last 9 games Sam and Adam are 6-3 so I can see why. 

SAR I

And your boy Baker is 1-0 in his last one game. MVP.

Coulda had a Mike McCarthy. Doesn't matter at all to me that the biggest ahole in the NFL (Aaron Rogers) ran him out of town. He does get some credit for Aaron Rogers' ascension to super star.

• Post of the Week 1

Is this meant to be a defense of Chris Johnson or an indictment of Darnold?

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

Adam Gase is proving to be one of the biggest enigmas in the NFL.

Some think he is great.  Some think he is terrible.  He did a great job with Tannehill, he got hurt, was terrible and now is resurrected on the Titans.

Players say he is great, others are relieved and are thriving after they leave him.

The fact of the matter is that we sophisticated fans have seen some terrible football coaching over the last year that is beyond just having a bad roster.  Where there is smoke, there is fire.  

I honestly think that Gase has until Halloween to show he can work with Darnold and progress him forward consistently.  I am giving Darnold the benefit of the doubt this year and next year, with potentially a new coach.  

Yep. If Tennehill didn't get hurt (multiple times), Gase would still be HC of the Fins. Even in his injury shortened years (where some here claim he was considered "the worse QB in the NFL") he was playing efficient ball.

Goes to show you that a good QB can produce under Gase.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd love to have a QB here who is considered overrated in league circles.  It means you have some success.

For once I’d love to flip the script and debate whether our QB is as good as he seems or whether he is buoyed by our amazing supporting cast.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Kurt Warner was only successful because of Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Marshall Faulk, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin!"

Me:  Great problem to have!

I truly hate the “supporting cast” debates. They are hopelessly circular and never lead to a conclusion. “Good players play good,” much better analytical track record.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company