How do we fix the wr situation?

Philc1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Crowder, Perriman, and Berrios and Hogan. Last night we saw OBJ, Landry, AJ, and Boyd. 

The WR position  is a freaking joke. 

2021 will be WR year for the Jets under JD. I could easily see one of the #1s used on a WR & Juju in free agency. We're injured at WR but guys will come back & we'll see who sticks. 

Just now, Jetster said:

2021 will be WR year for the Jets under JD. I could easily see one of the #1s used on a WR & Juju in free agency. We're injured at WR but guys will come back & we'll see who sticks. 

We still also need a pass rusher or 2

it’s actually a good UFA WR class.  Jets should be able to draft Chase and sign someone good

• Upvote 1

Other than drafting Mims, there was little else done to help the long term health of the WR group.   There will need to be a hell of a lot more done during this coming offseason to change that.  You’re going to need at least two established veterans added as well as a fairly highly drafted rookie.   I don’t care who the QB is going to be, you can keep putting your QB in a no win situation.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mo Lew said:

At some point doesn’t Joe D realize he’s killing Sam by not having any wr talent?

Wouldn’t it be prudent to act this year? Not to try and be successful this year but to preserve the overall chance that we may be better in future ones? 

Seems like the bears want a first for Robinson.  There is absolutely no need to do that if we can simply sign him in a few months

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Other than drafting Mims, there was little else done to help the long term health of the WR group.   There will need to be a hell of a lot more done during this coming offseason to change that.  You’re going to need at least two established veterans added as well as a fairly highly drafted rookie.   I don’t care who the QB is going to be, you can keep putting your QB in a no win situation.  

You will still have Crowder and Herndon who I think will play better as this season goes along

Chase is an absolute must draft

22 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Draft Chase with our next top 4 draft pick.  Sign one of the four: Allen Robinson, Corey Davis, Will Fuller or TY Hilton

DO NOT cut Crowder to save a couple bucks.

i know you all hate Sam but even after another horrible season I would like to see him with both an actual O-Line and NFL WR corps

I don’t think everyone hates Sam.

Also, I’ll co-sign on your plan, think you nailed it. WR position can potentially be solved next year when we have Chase, Mims and Robinson trio

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

At some point doesn’t Joe D realize he’s killing Sam by not having any wr talent?

Wouldn’t it be prudent to act this year? Not to try and be successful this year but to preserve the overall chance that we may be better in future ones? 

Thank you!  Exactly my point.  If we couldn't be competitive this year we should have at least been all about giving Sam the opportunity to show what he could do.   Drafting only one WR and signing journeyman cast-offs like Perriman and Doctson was criminal.  We needed an upgrade over Robby and Demaryius, instead we have a major downgrade.  Sure Mims may turn out to be a good one, but he is no slam dunk, in a draft that was as deep at WR as this past one, you HAD to come away with two.

I'm sorry but drafting guys like Davis, Zuniga, Morgan and Clarke were not the type of picks a rebuilding team should have made - those are depth picks for a solid roster.  

34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Draft Chase with our next top 4 draft pick.  Sign one of the four: Allen Robinson, Corey Davis, Will Fuller or TY Hilton

i know you all hate Sam but even after another horrible season I would like to see him with both an actual O-Line and NFL WR corps

Here's how.

Trade for a really good receiver who wants his MONEY. I like Robert Woods on the Rams. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Thank you!  Exactly my point.  If we couldn't be competitive this year we should have at least been all about giving Sam the opportunity to show what he could do.   Drafting only one WR and signing journeyman cast-offs like Perriman and Doctson was criminal.  We needed an upgrade over Robby and Demaryius, instead we have a major downgrade.  Sure Mims may turn out to be a good one, but he is no slam dunk, in a draft that was as deep at WR as this past one, you HAD to come away with two.

I'm sorry but drafting guys like Davis, Zuniga, Morgan and Clarke were not the type of picks a rebuilding team should have made - those are depth picks for a solid roster.  

The mistake was not trading Adams earlier so we could get that extra first THIS YEAR so we could draft Lamb or Shenault 

31 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

havent you heard??? Perriman is an upgrade over Robby.....    he OBVIOUSLY has more talent.....

Sarcastic You Think GIF by BET Plus

• Haha 2

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Woods isn't  going anywhere. No way they let him go.

Woods is saying all the right things in the media, but he's outplayed his contract and looking to be compensated. The Rams cannot afford to reward Woods with a lucrative extension, the Jets can. Rams need draft picks. We need a number one receiver. It looks like we have a potential match here as trade partners.

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Woods is saying all the right things in the media, but he's outplayed his contract and looking to be compensated. The Rams cannot afford to reward Woods with a lucrative extension, the Jets can. Rams need draft picks. We need a number one receiver. It looks like we have a potential match here as trade partners.

Boy has the bar lowered here. Woods is now a #1 WR. He is a nice #2 at best. We need Mims to be a hit. He has everything you need to be a #1. 

Well I can most certainly say that sitting on 30+mil in cap space and a boatload of picks certainly won't help. WR free agency sucked but there's gotta be an upgrade available out there via trade and it's not like we don't have the means 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mo Lew said:

I like Sam and I like JD, but even I am beginning to think Sam may not be the answer. It's just possible that JD is quietly tanking to draft Trevor next year. We obviously aren't going anywhere this year, and JD held out for a six year contract for a reason. He doesn't really care about this year; he is thinking 2021 or more likely 2022.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

you hope Mims get healthy and Crowder stays.

After that you look at the draft and FA for 2021

not going to get much help this year