Vegas got the line wrong!

Rhg1084

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I learned a long time ago never to bet on or against the team you root for - this is like doubly true for the Jets. 

I agree that SF should stop us, though. 

i used to make a fewe measly bets here and there...   on the Jets...  it was only when someone gave me wayy too many points on specicfic games in specfic years when i had a good feel for EXACTLY what they were....      

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I learned a long time ago never to bet on or against the team you root for - this is like doubly true for the Jets. 

I agree that SF should stop us, though. 

I have come to same conclusion but damn this one does look juicy.

23 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

I will bet against the Jets, but always do ML. Point Spreads are always tricky. The Jets can easily be down 14 and convert a BS TD and 2 pt to back door cover. 

Free money=49ers money line. Lay $100 and pocket $30. 

How much are you betting against the Jets this week?

This is why Chad forbes is a moron.

Vegas never gets it wrong. They don't predict outcomes, they merely predict betting patterns. 

And since they set the line at 7, and the line hasn't moved it means they got the line right. For as much money as Vegas is getting on the niners from mouth breathers like forbes they're getting an equal amount of money on the Jets.

Jimmy G sucks, likely no kittle, no deebo, no aiyuk, no Sherman. Jets suck but the niners are very flawed coming into this game.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This is why Chad forbes is a moron.

Vegas never gets it wrong. They don't predict outcomes, they merely predict betting patterns. 

And since they set the line at 7, and the line hasn't moved it means they got the line right. For as much money as Vegas is getting on the niners from mouth breathers like forbes they're getting an equal amount of money on the Jets.

Jimmy G sucks, likely no kittle, no deebo, no aiyuk, no Sherman. Jets suck but the niners are very flawed coming into this game.

Greenbean said Kittle and Aiyuk are both playing.  Though I agree that Jimmy G is pretty bleh.

4 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Vegas screwed up you guys. Bet the house on San Fran. Free money 

I actually disagree - and I think the Jets are the absolutely worst team in the NFL

This is the classic spot for NYJ to get their 1 win of the season. SF traveling cross country -- all their playmakers are fcked except their backfield, and will be playing an inspired Dline... 

13-10 type game with Jets winning and then patting themselves on the back before they go 0-5 over their next five games.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I actually disagree - and I think the Jets are the absolutely worst team in the NFL

This is the classic spot for NYJ to get their 1 win of the season. SF traveling cross country -- all their playmakers are fcked except their backfield, and will be playing an inspired Dline... 

13-10 type game with Jets winning and then patting themselves on the back before they go 0-5 over their next five games.

so JETSy.... 

can't say I disagree. CJ gets his "I told you Gase was a brilliant mind ' told you so '"  virtually ensuring Gase will be here his full contract term..

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I would agree if Sam Darnold wasn’t our QB. He’s going to crap his pants against this pass rush. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Former gambler 

former cause I never come out on top after all is said and done so take this how you want but usually when a line looks so wrong they are begging you to take a team, in this case SF, it takes a lot of discipline and guts to go against an obvious easy pick but in my experience if I was still betting and this has nothing to do with me being a a jet fan, I would close my eyes and lay the house of the jets just based on the line Vegas put out even though logic seems that the jets are gonna get crushed in this one. 

Based on this line I could actually see the jets winning outright (even though I would bet with the points) a more likely outcome than I did before Vegas put the line out 

7 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Former gambler 

former cause I never come out on top after all is said and done so take this how you want but usually when a line looks so wrong they are begging you to take a team, in this case SF, it takes a lot of discipline and guts to go against an obvious easy pick but in my experience if I was still betting and this has nothing to do with me being a a jet fan, I would close my eyes and lay the house of the jets just based on the line Vegas put out even though logic seems that the jets are gonna get crushed in this one. 

Based on this line I could actually see the jets winning outright (even though I would bet with the points) a more likely outcome than I did before Vegas put the line out 

True.  Just like Vegas was begging people to take the Texans +9 in the opener.  KC covered.  But in this case I think its the opposite.  To me they seem to be begging people to take the Jets, no?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

True.  Just like Vegas was begging people to take the Texans +9 in the opener.  KC covered.  But in this case I think its the opposite.  To me they seem to be begging people to take the Jets, no?

To the average fan you hear the NY Jets vs the SF 49ers, you think 49ers are gonna blow them out. I’d bet that a lot of people of the 9ers in knockout pools this week. They don’t factor in flying across country, home dogs and stuff like that. A touchdown is a close game at quick glance, Niners Jets doesn’t seem to be a one score game on the surface 

Like I said just my opinion and there’s a reason I’m a former gambler but the jets seem like the bet this week. 

@Jet Nut Are you laughing cause you know its true .... ?

I say that because you still don't know If I meant lock to win or lose 

Deep down you know this is exactly the type of game the Idiot Jets would win get all the fans jerking off on their couches then turn around and sh*t the bed the next week to a lesser team

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

@Jet Nut Are you laughing cause you know its true .... ?

I say that because you still don't know If I meant lock to win or lose 

Deep down you know this is exactly the type of game the Idiot Jets would win get all the fans jerking off on their couches then turn around and sh*t the bed the next week to a lesser team

There are no "lesser teams" compared to the Jets.  Unless you mean lesser compared to the 49ers.  With all their injuries the 49ers are going to have the look of a bottom half team this week, so that's going to be hard to find as well.

If this Jets team was worth a damn this would be a golden opportunity for a home opener W.  

• Upvote 1