Vegas got the line wrong!

Rhg1084

On 9/19/2020 at 3:15 AM, Anthony Jet said:

Former gambler 

former cause I never come out on top after all is said and done so take this how you want but usually when a line looks so wrong they are begging you to take a team, in this case SF, it takes a lot of discipline and guts to go against an obvious easy pick but in my experience if I was still betting and this has nothing to do with me being a a jet fan, I would close my eyes and lay the house of the jets just based on the line Vegas put out even though logic seems that the jets are gonna get crushed in this one. 

Based on this line I could actually see the jets winning outright (even though I would bet with the points) a more likely outcome than I did before Vegas put the line out 

Exactly.

Last year when it was Tom Brady vs Luke Falk...Vegas had the Jets at around +17 and I told people that Jets are the “lock of the year this week” because I also read that nationwide 92% of the action was going NEs way...

What happens?  Belichick for some reason doesn’t go for a 4th and 1 near mid field, when he always would, and punts, helping to avoid a total blow out.

Late in the 4th Brady’s back up comes in and air mails a Pick 6 to Jamal Adams who scores and covers the number for the Jets.  Luke Falk of course led no TD drives...and over 90% of the Public LOSES.

Thats the easiest and best way to handicap football.  You find a game where the Line looks ridiculous and question how wrong Vegas is in making it, figure which side the Public is on....and go against them.   Now it’s you and the bookie both sitting next to each other with your feet up.....laughing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Jets Cover today.  Then again they’re so insanely awful with a roster that teeters on being a Canadian Football equivalent...I wouldn’t touch the game haha.  But again, I wouldn’t be surprised if they Cover.

I do not, under any circumstances recommend or encourage gambling (if you do, please gamble responsibly), but.....Fanduel's over 1.5+ pass TDs for Sam darnold at +174 is a really good bet. 

Team with no run game, against a banged up defense/secondary, looking to bounce back from last week's dismal performance. It's his offense, and he's gotta play his ass off.