Points per Drive

Jetsfan80

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Points per drive (per Football Outsiders) in Adam Gase's career to date (as OC/HC only):

• 2013 (DEN):  2.98 (# 1 in NFL)
  • 2014 (DEN):  2.48 (# 4)
  • 2015 (CHI):  1.93 (# 17)
  • 2016 (MIA):  1.81 (# 21)
  • 2017 (MIA):  1.42 (# 28)
  • 2018 (MIA):  1.61 (# 28)  
  • 2019 (NYJ):  1.29 (# 32)
  • 2020 - Week 1 (NYJ):  1.55 (# 26)

Offensive guru genius.

Is this some kind of analytic ?

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Points per drive (per Football Outsiders) in Adam Gase's career to date (as OC/HC only):

Offensive guru genius.

Anyone who ever had to produce something for a living saw this coming 100 miles away. Too bad our owner(s) aren’t in that category.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I don't like analytics. LOL 

So you don't like completion percentage, rushing yards per attempt, or yards after the catch?  These are analytics too.  And much like these, the one I posted is a very simple one.

I get that math is gay and stuff, but I'm not throwing anything advanced out there with this thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Anyone who ever had to produce something for a living saw this coming 100 miles away. Too bad our owner(s) aren’t in that category.

He's literally going in the opposite direction of "where the game is going" based on these numbers.  He's gotten worse every year.  

Fortunately he can't go any lower after finishing 32nd last season.  Unless the Jets get relegated.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

He's literally going in the opposite direction of "where the game is going" based on these numbers.  He's gotten worse every year.  

Fortunately he can't go any lower after finishing 32nd last season.  Unless the Jets get relegated.

Now you’ve done it. You’ve issued a challenge and Dowell Loggains never backs down from a challenge. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Offensive guru genius.

So the Jets offense has improved since last year?  It's a good sign.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

albert einstein was a genius - the greatest theoretical thinker we’ve ever seen - but no one asked him to run the country or build the first rocket etc - brilliant yes but not a tactician or a builder - maybe gase is a brilliant football mind - let him write books on offensive philosophy not coach the ny jets

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm sure Gase is really good at coaching at some level. I have no ******* idea what that might be, but he's got to be good at something to be an NFL coach for this long. 

I think with a good Oline, healthy wide receivers and a slightly above average QB,  Adam Gase is likely a good coordinator...

From what I have seen so far in eighteen games and and two off seasons it's unlikely that he has the communication/leadership skill set to be a good head coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

I think with a good Oline, healthy wide receivers and a slightly above average QB,  Adam Gase is likely a good coordinator...

From what I have seen so far in eighteen games and and two off seasons it's unlikely that he has the communication/leadership skill set to be a good head coach.

Congratulations you just described every HS coach in the country 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Congratulations you just described every HS coach in the country 

Hah, yes that was the implied point...every offensive coordinator  on the planet has the potential to look good with a good Oline, healthy wide receivers and a slightly above average QB.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gangrene said:

Hah, yes that was the implied point...every offensive coordinator  on the planet has the potential to look good with a good Oline, healthy wide receivers and a slightly above average QB.

Then I applaud you sir and nominate you for next HC 

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2020 at 1:25 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Count on him to find a way to be worse than last 

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2020 at 1:08 PM, Beerfish said:

All he needs is a 35 year old hof QB who runs the show and a team with an all world defense.  You are being to hard on him.

Close. The all world defense that won the SB was the year after Gase left. Gase’s year, the offense was humiliated off the field the minute things went sideways on the opening play. Vintage Gase - things go wrong early, fold up and go home.

‘13 and ‘14 were all Peyton. It was the exact same offense he ran for years in Indy. By that ‘15, Peyton was too far diminished to run his offense anymore with the strong intermediate passing and deep outs, and Gase’s offense would have been a disaster. Instead, Kubiak tailored that offense around a zone running scheme and quickly getting the ball to DT, Sanders, Daniels, and the RBs. Peyton had a throwback vintage game in the AFCCG that year and deserves all that credit, but every other critical game down the stretch and in the playoffs was won by the defense and Kubiak’s game planning/game calling. I have absolutely no doubt that had Gase still been there, they don’t even make the AFCCG. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

I will freely admit, when I saw the Jets' candidate list after Bowles was fired, there were a few of them I was unsure about, but the one and only thing I was 100% completely adamant about is that it had to be absolutely anyone but Gase.

God, I hate this team.

You and me both. And many of the people who downvoted me or gave me douchey responses over the past two years are the ones who are most vocal about wanting to be rid of him now. Funny how people operate.

Either way, this team blows. Can only hope that they continue to self-implode and the owners continue to be oblivious, thereby giving the Jets the #1 pick. And then hopefully Douglass steps in at the end of the year and sh*tcans Gase behind the owners backs and we can essentially get a mulligan for wasting Darnold and restart with Trevor and a new coach.

• Upvote 1