Would have no problem tanking for Lawrence

Jetster

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Name one damn thing Jets did help him along? Yeah, like that.  Bakers got weapons, Allen’s got weapons, Lamar has a custom offense. Sam’s got a Left Tackle in his third year and he’s throwing the ball to guys that aren’t  and never were #1 receivers. 

We hired Adam Gase!

• Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

There a huge yearly demand for horse manure every year. What’s the spot market price for a ton of that?

Well, considering you think Tannyhill is now a great QB after getting away from Gase, than it would make sense that teams believe Darnold will be a better QB in a new system also, right?

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

These human joystick QB’s are great and entertaining for awhile until they get CLOBBERED.  See RGIII. Murray, Jackson and even Allen are going to get clocked sooner or later running around and will never be the same. Sam stays in the pocket or rolls out and is selective when he runs. Burrow is similar. He is a pocket passer and not in the mold of these Mexican jumping bean QB’s. These guys just never have a long shelf life in the NFL. Even Vick, who was the best of these, had limited success. Trevor falls into this category. He runs way to much. No thank you. Stick with Sam. Keep improving the OL and WR positions.  Go play video games if you want a Bobby Douglas clone. 

Couldn't agree more.  All it takes it one big hit and these guys might never be the same.  I mean, it can happen to any QB but the running QBs take a lot more punishment than those who are throwers.  Vick is definitely the best example.

I'll give Lamar one thing though.  Every game I've seen him, he generally doesn't take hits.  He's a smart runner, who doesn't take so much punishment.  He'll run out of bounds or slide.  I still think he'll get clocked one day but I think his ability to avoid punishment (so far) is why he's done as well as he has. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Well, considering you think Tannyhill is now a great QB after getting away from Gase, than it would make sense that teams believe Darnold will be a better QB in a new system also, right?

Again, every QB who plays poorly under a poor coach is not a secretly good QB in disguise. The majority of them are just bad. However, some team will indeed be willing to take the bet that he’s Tannehill part 2 (although Tannehill had a lot better performance than Darnold ever did under Bowles and Gase)—but you don’t pay full price on a long shot. It won’t be a first rounder. 

i think the Jets hired Sam Hinkie as a consultant and are hiding it.

everything the Jets do from not signing free agents and keep far under the cap , injuries that even the players who are injured not know about, every small injury go to IR , playing a lot of projects and undrafted players , hiring bad coaches  is from the Hinkie playbook 

JD is going all in on the tanking 

What if you’re ten games into Trevor-tanking and he blows out his knee playing hackey-sack? Then what? JoE needs to sit with Sam on a desolate Jersey  beach and have the big talk. Help Sam find the eye of the tiger. Run together like Chariots of Fire. Slug some beef in a frigid meat locker. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Here’s the difference too. For Sam, the Jets had to dismantle the team & give up 3 second round picks. If the Jets had the #1 overall they could trade back for Fields or take Trevor plus trade Darnold & already have a close to rebuilt Oline, a bunch of money & a sh*tload of high draft picks. 
Apples & Oanges compared to 2018. 

Lets be brutally honest.  Those 3 2nd round picks we gave up were worth very little.  given our track record 1 of them would have been a reasonable starter.  So i don't really view the trade like you do.

I’ve said this a few times already, but I want this on the record:

If we’re in position to draft the top quarterback (in JD’s mind), then I think we should.  No trading up and ruining all the capital they built with the Adams trade.

I also want to keep Sam for his fourth year.   Let Sam start, use all of that draft capital to continue to build a complete offense, and let the rookie sit.

That will protect the prospect from being thrown to the wolves and, hopefully, allow Sam to build up so real value to a team like the Saints.  

I still believe in Sam, but feel like this team has truly done him wrong.  He could really shine in the Superdome surrounded by that talent and staff.

Who knows?  He could pull a Brees and have  a great year after the team drafts his replacement.  They would still own the fifth year option and could get a haul.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

But it is the right way to do things.

When did a rookie jets Qb have some success?  Mark Sanchez when the team was very solid and he could come in and not have to carry the load.

Look at a guy like Dak prescott, not an A plus player if you ask me, he walks into Dallas and they have an all pro oline and a great back.

Even mahommes, great player and would be good anywhere but with andy reid and weapons all over the roster he is terrific.

Tossing another rookie onto this team now will fail.

There will always be the next trevor lawrence two years from now.

I don't know about the bold. Granted, I really don't know much about college ball, but I feel that franchise QB's are so rare that you can't pass a potential one up just on the hopes that there will be another in another couple years. I've seen some around here disagree with this lately, but from what I can tell, a lot of people think Lawrene is legit. If we have the means, I don't think we can pass him up.

I get your point about having to build the o-line first, but that's, unfortunately, something we're gonna have to do as we go. I don't think we should pass on a prospect of Lawrence's caliber simply because our last 2 GM's failed to build the o-line, especially when franchise QB's are so rare and there is no guarantee that any more elite prospects will follow him in the next few years.

And, hey, it appears we may have our franchise LT, and that's the hardest part on the o-line, so we at least have that in place.

• Upvote 1

fwiw, I recommend Jet X Factor

$5/month aint much

they do some analysis...

not just simply claiming stuff w/o backing it up...   i'd also recommend the film analysis done by Football outsiders...

sure, not perfect...   but its better than alot of teh drivel that goes on around here....

4 hours ago, neckdemon said:

not buying it. when you know you're pretty much going to be the 1st overall pick, you know you're going to a team that wasn't very good

If we end up with the first pick- he’s coming out.

He will be coming to a team with a new head coach and a GM that holds a good amount of extra draft capital. 

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Couldn't agree more.  All it takes it one big hit and these guys might never be the same.  I mean, it can happen to any QB but the running QBs take a lot more punishment than those who are throwers.  Vick is definitely the best example.

I'll give Lamar one thing though.  Every game I've seen him, he generally doesn't take hits.  He's a smart runner, who doesn't take so much punishment.  He'll run out of bounds or slide.  I still think he'll get clocked one day but I think his ability to avoid punishment (so far) is why he's done as well as he has. 

D9390D28-8928-4778-94E0-8F07D371D873.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I don't know about the bold. Granted, I really don't know much about college ball, but I feel that franchise QB's are so rare that you can't pass a potential one up just on the hopes that there will be another in another couple years. I've seen some around here disagree with this lately, but from what I can tell, a lot of people think Lawrene is legit. If we have the means, I don't think we can pass him up.

I get your point about having to build the o-line first, but that's, unfortunately, something we're gonna have to do as we go. I don't think we should pass on a prospect of Lawrence's caliber simply because our last 2 GM's failed to build the o-line, especially when franchise QB's are so rare and there is no guarantee that any more elite prospects will follow him in the next few years.

And, hey, it appears we may have our franchise LT, and that's the hardest part on the o-line, so we at least have that in place.

Trevor Lawrence seems to be more of a once a decade prospect than every two years kind of guy. 

As far as the oline, If Beckton is a player and you add another lineman in the draft and maybe one via FA, you’ve got something cooking very quickly. 

I want Sam to succeed OR I want the first pick. I just can’t root for losses....yet.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Ever since Goodell & his minions looked into the future of the NFL & saw that concussions could kill the golden goose, every single new rule has been put into place to keep the QB safe. 
Alex Smith got older & had a fluke injury. Jackson uses the sideline & sliding like a pro already, just like Russell Wilson before him. 
In the pocket, you can’t go high, you can’t go low. Outside the pocket you can throw it away, slide, and unlike the old days the defense can’t spear, hit anywhere near the head ect.

So far this year the Fans having the most fun are Ravens, Chiefs, Cardinals, because their QBs are fun to watch. Rogers is still very good but getting older. 
A ton of these guys are on their last legs, Big Ben, Rivers, Brady, Brees. Lawrence or Fields would be more exciting than Darnold. 
Jets have been so boring for so long! Even the 2010 offense sputtered a lot. 
last exciting year on offense was 2008 with Favre the 1st 3/4 of the season. That’s 12 freaking years ago! Like Kindergarten to being a senior for God sakes. 

Randall Cunningham was the best joystick QB ever (or Vick) and he couldn’t hold a candle to Aaron Rodgers. Give me a pure pocket passer any day over these running rascals. 

ECBC5813-B892-4BDC-9B9B-88CF2F8CA25B.jpeg

52 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

Trevor Lawrence seems to be more of a once a decade prospect than every two years kind of guy. 

As far as the oline, If Beckton is a player and you add another lineman in the draft and maybe one via FA, you’ve got something cooking very quickly. 

I want Sam to succeed OR I want the first pick. I just can’t root for losses....yet.

Yeah, that's the impression I've gotten from the chatter about Lawrence. We can't pass on him if we are in the position to draft him, simply because we don't think the team is ready for him yet. And if Becton continues to look good, then the most important player on the o-line is already set.

7 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

What if you’re ten games into Trevor-tanking and he blows out his knee playing hackey-sack? Then what? JoE needs to sit with Sam on a desolate Jersey  beach and have the big talk. Help Sam find the eye of the tiger. Run together like Chariots of Fire. Slug some beef in a frigid meat locker. 

beach trip GIF

• Haha 1