Would have no problem tanking for Lawrence

Jetster

Just like Jet fans to overreact to one loss.  Can the team play at least 3 or 4 games first before we declare the season over?   Hopefully we get our contingent of walking wounded back on the field, we can make a more reasoned judgement on this teams abilities.    

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Just like Jet fans to overreact to one loss.  Can the team play at least 3 or 4 games first before we declare the season over?   Hopefully we get our contingent of walking wounded back on the field, we can make a more reasoned judgement on this teams abilities.    

Actually two losses.

The first was to our own backups.

If we get Lawrence then fine.  The next chapter has turned.  But if we really are that chronically pathetic I will still be very sad.  Because we'd have  wasted a legitimate talent.  And he didn't deserve that.  But I will pray at night to the Heavens that Adam Gase never gets a job in this league again.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Jets last 10 season: 57-88 with one—count ‘em—one winning season.

But Jets fans are so reactionary and impatient, right?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Damn theres still apologists for this team. Those injuries aren’t gonna change the fact we don't have standout players.  We will still have the worse roster in football. 

5 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Damn theres still apologists for this team. Those injuries aren’t gonna change the fact we don't have standout players.  We will still have the worse roster in football. 

I get it, and you are probably right, I would just like to watch the games and enjoy the fact that we have football again before I hit the SOJ routine.   Because if you are right, there where be plenty of time for that.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/18/2020 at 3:19 PM, Lith said:

Yup.  Pretty much where I am at too.  If I had to make a decision today, I would rather have Fields than Lawrence.  Seems like mobile QBs fit today's NFL better and tramsition to the NFL more easily than traditional drop back QBs.

Lawrence had 563 rushing yards last season, not bad for a drop back passer.

Fields only had 484.

• Sympathy 1