Jump to content
RoadFan

The 5 stages of JN recovery after a loss

Recommended Posts

This 9er team is beatable though, without the big man Kittle. Garoppolo is lost without him...

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just go with the punch line...

I don't know and I don't care

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eventually you move into stage 4 on a semi permanent basis.

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, derp said:

Eventually you move into stage 4 on a semi permanent basis.

True.

That's where I am, but not everybody is there yet...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets haven’t disappointed me since the 1998 AFC Championship game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt that was me aged 14 to 45

now at 53 it’s 

pink floyd art GIF by hoppip

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t fight it!!!! Just get Numb. It works!!! It doesn’t meant you don’t care. It’s more tranquil that way. Trust Me!!! Just a lot of shaking your head in peace and quiet. I should have done this years ago


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shea Jet said:

This 9er team is beatable though, without the big man Kittle. Garoppolo is lost without him...

You gotta pace yourself and hedge your bets because now if they lose without all of those guys then it will be that much worse.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What stage is it when you are running mock drafts at herald time?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

1)  Anger.

This step can begin as early as the 2nd quarter of a game, and can last as late as Wednesday.  Consists of frustration, seeking scapegoats, "fire everyone," and general nitpicking of every individual screw up and lousy call by the officials.  It finishes with the attitude that this franchise will never get it right.

2)  The breather.

This is usually Tuesday.  The players have the day off, and so there is very little to hear or read.  Even the Jets typically don't pull hamstrings on their day off.  No news is a relief.

3) Bargaining. 

This is often on Wednesday.  All of those little nitpicks after the game are spun differently, in a less negative fashion.  "Well, when you think about it... they don't have to clean up as much as it looked like."  "They weren't that horrible,  just a few plays here and there and it was a different game."

4) Acceptance and/or apathy.

This can be anywhere from Wednesday until Friday.  Reading practice reports, getting injury updates, bashing Manish, etc.  "Meh... they're not that good and we know it.  But they're probably not that bad either.  I'll just watch the next game and see what happens."

5) The upturn.

Starts on Friday, picks up steam on Saturday, then carries to Sunday morning.  The Jets are going to play better.   "The Jets will pull off the upset, 'I guarantee it.'"

See ya'll Sunday evening for stage 1 again...

 

 

 

 

 

What if you are at stage 4 all the time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

1)  Anger.

This step can begin as early as the 2nd quarter of a game, and can last as late as Wednesday.  Consists of frustration, seeking scapegoats, "fire everyone," and general nitpicking of every individual screw up and lousy call by the officials.  It finishes with the attitude that this franchise will never get it right.

2)  The breather.

This is usually Tuesday.  The players have the day off, and so there is very little to hear or read.  Even the Jets typically don't pull hamstrings on their day off.  No news is a relief.

3) Bargaining. 

This is often on Wednesday.  All of those little nitpicks after the game are spun differently, in a less negative fashion.  "Well, when you think about it... they don't have to clean up as much as it looked like."  "They weren't that horrible,  just a few plays here and there and it was a different game."

4) Acceptance and/or apathy.

This can be anywhere from Wednesday until Friday.  Reading practice reports, getting injury updates, bashing Manish, etc.  "Meh... they're not that good and we know it.  But they're probably not that bad either.  I'll just watch the next game and see what happens."

5) The upturn.

Starts on Friday, picks up steam on Saturday, then carries to Sunday morning.  The Jets are going to play better.   "The Jets will pull off the upset, 'I guarantee it.'"

See ya'll Sunday evening for stage 1 again...

 

 

I think you missed step 1.5 where we're supposed to calm our titties or something???

i don't know what GIF by Andrew Deitsch Podcast

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shea Jet said:

This 9er team is beatable though, without the big man Kittle. Garoppolo is lost without him...

^^^ Stage 5

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I crush up 2mg’s of Klonopin to put in my morning shake (whey protein, 1oz apple cider vinegar, heaping spoonful of BCAAs, and one teaspoon AKG, then because I’m afraid of interaction, i wait an hour before I start in on the Miller Lites. This is around the time I do my best posting. Then I creep over to Brennan’s and watch as much of the game as I can handle until I finish my salad, then I start texting ex-gf’s to say what’s up, solely to avoid having to talk to other people at the bar who want to talk about the Jets. If they persist, I just say something like, “fuk em’. Bigger fish to fry.” It makes the questioner think I’m referring to brain cancer or global warming, but it’s really just a red herring to get them to stfu. I’ll usually get some return texts from the exes, but never the ones I was hoping for, but whatevs. Then I hit some Jame-o and go back to watching the game. As a long-time Nets fan, the Jets always remind me of the Tate George-Terry Mills-Kendall Gill squads that really sucked, but did so in a way that was kind of amusing. The current Jets, though, are unamusing moreso in a way that the Carmelo Knicks were unamusing. Matt39 posted this excellent meme once with Carmelo holding the ball out on the wing in an iso situation and there was a triangle drawn from Melo to the rim (the bastardization of the “Triangle offense” that Melo killed), and I think about that when I see Darnold handing off to Leveon and Leveon getting tackle roughly where he received the handoff and Darnold just looking on nonplussed like it’s his job to watch this old, washed-up back get wrecked ten times so he doesn’t tear the locker room apart and Darnold thinking that this is just how the NFL is. At this point, I consciously try to get undrunk so I can leave the bar and not write any unethical baiting texts to the B-list exes. I’ll have the FitBit on and see that I need 4,356 steps to hit 10,000 for the day, so maybe I walk to the gym or maybe the Stop N Shop, then say **** it. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You left out the whatever it is that compels every third poster to create a thread that explains what really happen and why. Unlocking the secrets of the universe as long as they add up to anything other than ‘we suck’.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I crush up 2mg’s of Klonopin to put in my morning shake (whey protein, 1oz apple cider vinegar, heaping spoonful of BCAAs, and one teaspoon AKG, then because I’m afraid of interaction, i wait an hour before I start in on the Miller Lites. This is around the time I do my best posting. Then I creep over to Brennan’s and watch as much of the game as I can handle until I finish my salad, then I start texting ex-gf’s to say what’s up, solely to avoid having to talk to other people at the bar who want to talk about the Jets. If they persist, I just say something like, “fuk em’. Bigger fish to fry.” It makes the questioner think I’m referring to brain cancer or global warming, but it’s really just a red herring to get them to stfu. I’ll usually get some return texts from the exes, but never the ones I was hoping for, but whatevs. Then I hit some Jame-o and go back to watching the game. As a long-time Nets fan, the Jets always remind me of the Tate George-Terry Mills-Kendall Gill squads that really sucked, but did so in a way that was kind of amusing. The current Jets, though, are unamusing moreso in a way that the Carmelo Knicks were unamusing. Matt39 posted this excellent meme once with Carmelo holding the ball out on the wing in an iso situation and there was a triangle drawn from Melo to the rim (the bastardization of the “Triangle offense” that Melo killed), and I think about that when I see Darnold handing off to Leveon and Leveon getting tackle roughly where he received the handoff and Darnold just looking on nonplussed like it’s his job to watch this old, washed-up back get wrecked ten times so he doesn’t tear the locker room apart and Darnold thinking that this is just how the NFL is. At this point, I consciously try to get undrunk so I can leave the bar and not write any unethical baiting texts to the B-list exes. I’ll have the FitBit on and see that I need 4,356 steps to hit 10,000 for the day, so maybe I walk to the gym or maybe the Stop N Shop, then say **** it. 

 

So we'll put you down for Stage 4.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game time 1st series: Ball at our 15 yard line - penalty on return.

Can we please make a 1st down on this first series. 
 

Play 1: Run up middle for 2 yards - great 1st play Gase. You sukkk. 

Play 2: Run stuffed for no gain - didn’t see that coming - yeah right.

Play 3: Darnold drops back some pressure so he throw to Gore for 4 yards. 4th down. We punt from our 21.

Play 4. Good punt - their returner catches it at their 25 but no Jets within 10 yards - he returns 20 to the 45.

Typical Jets start - frustration already setting in.  

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RoadFan said:

1)  Anger.

This step can begin as early as the 2nd quarter of a game, and can last as late as Wednesday.  Consists of frustration, seeking scapegoats, "fire everyone," and general nitpicking of every individual screw up and lousy call by the officials.  It finishes with the attitude that this franchise will never get it right.

2)  The breather.

This is usually Tuesday.  The players have the day off, and so there is very little to hear or read.  Even the Jets typically don't pull hamstrings on their day off.  No news is a relief.

3) Bargaining. 

This is often on Wednesday.  All of those little nitpicks after the game are spun differently, in a less negative fashion.  "Well, when you think about it... they don't have to clean up as much as it looked like."  "They weren't that horrible,  just a few plays here and there and it was a different game."

4) Acceptance and/or apathy.

This can be anywhere from Wednesday until Friday.  Reading practice reports, getting injury updates, bashing Manish, etc.  "Meh... they're not that good and we know it.  But they're probably not that bad either.  I'll just watch the next game and see what happens."

5) The upturn.

Starts on Friday, picks up steam on Saturday, then carries to Sunday morning.  The Jets are going to play better.   "The Jets will pull off the upset, 'I guarantee it.'"

See ya'll Sunday evening for stage 1 again...

 

 

 

 

 

Great absolutely great stuff! I commend you and may even be able to sleep for 2 hours tonight knowing that somebody else understands.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even more so I would like to state that I have less issue with Gase' crazy eyes than I do with Sam's huge lunch lady mole on his chin!

I'm fixated on the mole, and I am dying to know if he shaves the growth or shaves around it. Does he use a razor or a buzzer?

That thing kills me and I need to see it up close, I actually would like to flick it.

Word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lith said:

For me, it is more like:

Stage 1: Sept - December.  Frustration

Stage 2: Jan/Feb.  Playoffs and Super Bowl.  Apathy, root against NE and Seattle

Stage 3: March. Combine and Free Agency.  New Hope

Stage 4: Draft Season.  April.  Optimism, unless we draft box safeties or DTs in which case the optimism gives way to anger

Stage 5: Offseason May - Aug.  OTAs, Minicamp, Training Camp.  Time to drink the green kool aid and see everything through green colored lenses.

Opening Day -- Back to Stage 1.

 

 

 

That's awesome!  I'd like to change it just a bit for me:

 

Stage 1: September- disappointment (I thought they were going to be better this year??)

Stage 2: October- anger (F this team)

Stage 3: November-December- Dive into NCAA.  Find the players that will help us win a game. 

Stage 4: Jan-Feb- denial.  I don't even watch playoff football.  The season ended week 17. 

Stage 5: Draft season.  Why did they pick that guy??  Oh well, they're the professionals.  Let's give the new kid a chance.

Stage 6: Off season hype- the fluff pieces and my own insanity convinces me that THIS is the year we break through!  Full blown fandom!  All in 110%

 

Repeat for 30 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This stage 5 uptick you speak of; explain, discuss; expound. 

Stage 5 really is FVKC THIS SHEET. Im gonna watch this awfulness again. Except without any hope of it getting better. 

The days we picked Sanchez and Darnold were fleeting moments of good. Then...

Agree that without Gase we would still have Mccagnan picking more safeties and DTs. But goddamn is he hard coach to understand; a self-professed offensive genius who looks like he combines the worst of Brian Schottenheimer with the worst of Paul Hackett. Are you running plays to get downfield and score, or this some kind of experiment to see how awful things can get before somebody in a position of authority takes his playbook and rips it to shreds and rips his headphones out of his ears? It's like some kind of sick performance art. When doe we get a Buddy Ryan to slug his Kevin Gilbride, or Mike Pettine being held back from Schottenheimer? I really don't understand how we always get these guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

This stage 5 uptick you speak of; explain, discuss; expound. 

Stage 5 really is FVKC THIS SHEET. Im gonna watch this awfulness again. Except without any hope of it getting better. 

The days we picked Sanchez and Darnold were fleeting moments of good. Then...

Agree that without Gase we would still have Mccagnan picking more safeties and DTs. But goddamn is he hard coach to understand; a self-professed offensive genius who looks like he combines the worst of Brian Schottenheimer with the worst of Paul Hackett. Are you running plays to get downfield and score, or this some kind of experiment to see how awful things can get before somebody in a position of authority takes his playbook and rips it to shreds and rips his headphones out of his ears? It's like some kind of sick performance art. When doe we get a Buddy Ryan to slug his Kevin Gilbride, or Mike Pettine being held back from Schottenheimer? I really don't understand how we always get these guys. 

I am numb to this whole thing now.  Apathetic.  I know a lot of Jets fans are.  

This was just meant to point out how the board mood, and new thread titles, flow through the week... with a little humor.  

Think you are taking it too seriously, bro.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You left out the whatever it is that compels every third poster to create a thread that explains what really happen and why. Unlocking the secrets of the universe as long as they add up to anything other than ‘we suck’.

Bumping this. Looks at page 1 of board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...