No Kittle, Sherman, Deebo, Verrett, Ford

31 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

For as injured the Jets are heading into this week, the Niners are actually in worse shape.

I'm not saying we will win but there is no excuse for not being competitive against a team missing their top two pass catchers (Kittle and Deebo), two of their top CBs (Sherman and Verrett) and now a top edge rusher in Dee ford.

Yup.  I agree.  West Coast team coming east to play an early game.  Missing 4 or 5 players who are all better than anyone we have at their positions.  There is no reason this should not at least be a competitive game.  I don't think we will win, but there should be no excuses.  Even as banged up as we are, this should be a low scoirng, one score game at some point in the 4th quarter. 

Jets may lose, but it should be competitive.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

For as injured the Jets are heading into this week, the Niners are actually in worse shape.

I'm not saying we will win but there is no excuse for not being competitive against a team missing their top two pass catchers (Kittle and Deebo), two of their top CBs (Sherman and Verrett) and now a top edge rusher in Dee ford.

Isn’t Bosa also questionable?

18 minutes ago, AFJF said:

"Yeah, they used a bunch of corners and other guys that we didn't haven't enough film on so that always makes it hard to prepare, you know?"

Reminds me of when Baker came in and dusted us for the first Browns win in like 2 years. Bowles’ excuse was there wasn’t any tape on Baker so they couldn’t adjust to him. Uh.... the Jets had just presumably spent months digging into every aspect of Darnold, Rosen and Baker leading up to the draft.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Gase is still "|healthy" therefore we are f&*(ed.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Unfortunately the Jets game plan won't factor any of this in.  :)

• Upvote 1

Darnold has his best games against backups like against the Packers(all starters in secondary were out due to injuries), Cowboys star CB Byron Jones was out and I believe their safety last year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sam plays okay but if he stinks it up again. I'm sure more of Darnold believers will turn on him

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I mentioned this in another thread -- this is one of those spots the Jets could/might accumulate one of their 2-3 wins of the season...

the recipe is there:

• team has to travel cross country
  • SF playmakers are all messed up
  • their RBs will be playing our  Dline who will be playing "inspired" this week
  • First home game

Not saying it's LIKELY... but this is the classic get your 1 win game.... just enough to feel good before a 6 game losing streak

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

^QFT

There is absolutley no excuse, as you said.  Let's see some accountability.

• Upvote 1