Better pass rush in week 2?

AFJF

After watching the All 22, I have to say that there were a lot more instances of defenders missing out on sacks because of Allen's mobility than I first realized.  Quinnen, Luvu, Basham, Willis to name a few all had legit shots at a sack but Allen was too quick to leave the pocket.  Fatukasi was also a beast IMO.  If they get similar performances against SF, I don't see Jimmy G being able to move as well as Allen and this could be a nice day for the defense.

Of course Jimmy G can neutralize the rush by getting the ball out quickly which he's great at, but with so many guys hurt for SF he may not have the chemsitry with these guys to do it consistently.

Worth watching IMO.

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

There were definitely a bunch of missed TFLs in the first quarter. Really speaks to how underwhelming the athletes we’re running out there are right now. If any of them could move laterally, they would have had three more sacks in the first half

On that nifty little 3rd and 8 run for a first down from Allen, there looked to be a very clear hold on Basham by Dawkins because he had him beat around the edge and Basham still just missed the sack by a few inches.  If no hold I think he gets Allen.  There were some definite missed opportunities due to Allen's athleticism.

Picked SF to win by a few TD's and now talking myself in to putting money on the Jets +7.  I need to stop.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Allen still needs work and to clean up the fumbles, but he is a much better QB than jets fans want to give him credit for. He isnt an easy tackle.

I think this might be the only thing Jets fans agree on regarding Allen.  He's frequently referred to as a running back because it's something he does really well.

Seems like the only way this team is going to get to the QB is by blitzing, so I'm not sure if there really is any pass rush per say.  That said, I think Williams dialed up a lot of successful ones that a combination of bad tackling and Josh Allen being a really good RB just didnt end up landing.  Jimmy G. doesnt do that but he does get the ball out quickly.  Luckily for the Jets, they might not have anyone that can get open that quickly for him to do that this week, so we'll see.  I'd be loading up the box sending a lot of run blitzes today.  Pressure in the backfield will be crucial.  I think the Jet can contain whoever they have running routes.