### NY Jets 2020 Week 2 Jets vs. 49ers ### - The Official Game Thread

Maxman

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

One tackle for a loss on a  broken play, and a the rest of plays where he's singled and does nothing on the pass rush. The few times they even his Garapolo it was somebody else, once with a safety and a corner blitzing, and you aren't doing that very often. HE'S  TERRIBLE. He's not Aaron Donald, or Hali Ngata or Kerry Jenkins. He has no motor. He's basically Albert Haynesworth without the early decent career that got him a big ass contract. Mike Devito, a D1AA guy was a better player than this guy. 

He has a sack and several disruptive plays 

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

tired of this guy getting handjobs by most of the board.  This team is a Greek tragedy.

Coming from the guy that still gives Macc handies, despite being 99 % of the reason why the roster is this bad (and Macc also wanted Gase over the other HC candidates), this means exactly 0.  

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So the guy came in Rebuilt the OL (which is going to take time to develop) Traded for a boat load of draft picks and you are blaming this on him after Macc basically destroyed this roster and ignored the OL his entire tenure ?

JD cant play QB and he can't make up for all the injuries or the lack of preseason for what amounts to a complete over haul on offense other than 4 players. Plus a QB that even in the best circumstances still throws off his back foot and play's scared and refuses to step up in the pocket. 

Bone headed Gase plays right into San Frans defense on the 4th and one rather than spreading out the field and having Darnold roll out for an easy dump pass or just run for the 1st.

This team is Horrific and its not JD's fault you can't fill every hole in one off season

In his first off season, he made this team worse. Unquestionably.

• Thumb Down 1

I've seen enough of Sam Darnold he's always worried about the rush and he never gets anything on the football. I was going to start a tab on how many times he throws off his back foot but its not even worth it at this point. Hes not an NFL QB, he certainly has the skills but he plays scared and that's the book on him.

I've seen enough of Sam Darnold he's always worried about the rush and he never gets anything on the football. I was going to start a tab on how many times he throws off his back foot but its not even worth it at this point. Hes not an NFL QB, he certainly has the skills but he plays scared and that's the book on him.

There’s literally nothing Darnold could have done differently so far. Last week yes, he missed plays. This week? Not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1