Lot K Tailgaters

Any Other Season Ticket Holders Emotional Tonight?

16 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

If this was a normal year on the night before the home opener at about this time (around 12:30 AM) I’d be getting ready for bed and waiting for my 5:15 AM alarm.  I would head out of the house around 6:15 AM pick my father up and be waiting on line around 7:15 AM waiting for the lots to open.  The Jets could be great or absolutely awful we didn’t care.  We were happy to be with other Jets fans, see the regulars who are there early for the lots to open, see our tailgate friends and family, high five some employees we have become friend with and also be happy to see the people who sit near us.  

It stinks that we are unable to do that this year.  Instead my 3 year old son and I will hang out in the driveway tomorrow morning and I will make him pancakes.  I’ll have my Jets flag flying from the wheel stand flag pole mount.  It will be a LOT different.  I may try socially distanced tailgating this season as well a few times from home but again still not the same.  Any other season ticket holders feeling down too?   

I do have to also give the ticket office credit.  The package I received Friday was actually pretty nice of them.  

I just want to note this thread is to talk about how we are coping with watching from home tomorrow.  It is not about your views on Covid or whether you do or do not feel that things should be open.  

Phil Murphy, hopefully, loves the smell of exhaust.

2 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

If this was a normal year on the night before the home opener at about this time (around 12:30 AM) I’d be getting ready for bed and waiting for my 5:15 AM alarm.  I would head out of the house around 6:15 AM pick my father up and be waiting on line around 7:15 AM waiting for the lots to open.  The Jets could be great or absolutely awful we didn’t care.  We were happy to be with other Jets fans, see the regulars who are there early for the lots to open, see our tailgate friends and family, high five some employees we have become friend with and also be happy to see the people who sit near us.  

It stinks that we are unable to do that this year.  Instead my 3 year old son and I will hang out in the driveway tomorrow morning and I will make him pancakes.  I’ll have my Jets flag flying from the wheel stand flag pole mount.  It will be a LOT different.  I may try socially distanced tailgating this season as well a few times from home but again still not the same.  Any other season ticket holders feeling down too?   

I do have to also give the ticket office credit.  The package I received Friday was actually pretty nice of them.  

I just want to note this thread is to talk about how we are coping with watching from home tomorrow.  It is not about your views on Covid or whether you do or do not feel that things should be open.  

Great post. Love the image of picking up your dad at the crack of dawn to head to the stadium. Could be a commercial for season tickets. Hope you still enjoy the game with your family.

I’ve got ribs in the slow cooker and will be explaining the game to my German friends who are coming over for Das Tailgate.

• Upvote 4

... crack of dawn ... For the win ... Think about as it were one giant preseason foreplay for 2021 ... Might help take the bite out of the sting ...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1987 was the last home opener I wasn't at before today.

Very strange.

• Sad 5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Thanks for this.I think you captured what so many of us are feeling. This would have been year 41 for us. There is nothing better than getting into the lot, unpacking the car, setting up,cracking that  first cold one, and start catching up with your “extended family.” As usual, the only thing that can ruin the day is the Jets😎

• Upvote 2

First time since 2001 I'll miss a home opener, I was at Green Bay for the 2000 opener too, very strange to be sitting at home today.

I may put the top down and take the car for a spin and drive through MetLife around 10AM.  Does that count?

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

4 lower level tickets, put the deposit down for two group outings.  I didn't get no stinking package lol.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

4 lower level tickets, put the deposit down for two group outings.  I didn't get no stinking package lol.

They already know you’re hooked, boss. You don’t show up on any retention lists 😂 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

1987 was the last home opener I wasn't at before today.

Very strange.

Incredible run Phil, you’ll be back before you know it. Go jets 

Hasn’t sunk in yet.  Maybe I’ll play catch with my son in the street and dent a few BMWs.  Then maybe set up a folding table in my wife’s parking spot.  Around 1215 I’ll dump hot coals in my neighbor’s driveway.  Of course I’ll need the classic rock blaring while I do so.  

• Haha 4

Me and my adult daughter would be on a bus from a local establishment that provides transportation to and from the game and a great tailgate party. We have regulars we eat and drink with. Been going to games since 1978 and been using the bus since 2012. Feels strange being home right now, on our opening home game weekend.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Awesome post. Would be nice to see some pics from your driveway tailgate :)

I'm only emotional because I was ready to pull the trigger to become one of you poor bastards that holds PSLs in you pocket this season .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

As a Jet fan I sleep like a baby.     I wake up crying about every two hours.

• Haha 1

That's the worst part.   Having tickets is a great reason to get together with friends and family.  No fans, it cuts down on the best part of sporting events, being with people.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

First time since 2001 I'll miss a home opener, I was at Green Bay for the 2000 opener too, very strange to be sitting at home today.

I may put the top down and take the car for a spin and drive through MetLife around 10AM.  Does that count?

SAR I

20140313-fire.jpg

• Haha 1

For $15k I'll sell you a seat license to a sub zero freezer. It looks like an air conditioner on the outside, but inside, you get maced and kicked in the balls repeatedly.

Should feel right at home.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

They included a yearbook, coasters, mask, shopping bag, and a towel (who doesn’t need another towel).  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

They included a yearbook, coasters, mask, shopping bag, and a towel (who doesn’t need another towel).  

I got that, too. Weird that it came after start of season but, for some reason, it brought me some joy.

Great post above, btw. You said it perfectly!