Week 2 positives? What do you got?

jetstream23

2 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Good day

My Name is Hassan Al-Riyami, I'am a financial, I have a client who has an interest in investing in your country into a joint venture / partnership he has funds availble meant for investment please contact me if you are interested

Regards,

Mr.Hassan Al-Riyami

Looking Up Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

• Sympathy 1

Just because Darnold wasn't one of the worst players on the field this week does not make him a "positive".
Becton is basically the only guy who belongs on the list today.

Darnold was way more accurate than last week. He took off a couple of times and ran for a first. He escaped pressure and threw the ball well on the run. He can only control so much, he's working with practice squad receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

This is quickly becoming a more and more valid argument.

I don’t proclaim to know whether Darnold is good, bad, great, etc. But it is abundantly clear this is a bad roster and a horrible head coach. 

I said I would give Gase this year to show if he's got anything to offer. So far, despite the injury disaster, the playcalling has been absolutely pedestrian. No way to sugarcoat it. 

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Darnold was way more accurate than last week. He took off a couple of times and ran for a first. He escaped pressure and threw the ball well on the run. He can only control so much, he's working with practice squad receivers.

"Better than last week" does not make his play a "positive".

• Sympathy 2

I liked Becton this week. I think Darnold did decent with what he was given (that last throw was spectacular). 

Our team is hot garbage though. They were out all of their best players and we had no response and the same boring Gase play calling was still on display. The o-line was not bad and the lack of anything downfield is embarrassing. Other examples of him running on 2nd and 20, punting down 18 in the 4th, and kicking a field goal in that same situation brings up a ringing question in my head. What the f*ck does Gase have to lose at this point except for his job? 

• Upvote 1

Quinnen looked solid. Same with Becton.

The playcalling is just so absurd that it gives a degree of hope that the offense could look better if the field is stretched more.

I get the plan was for Gore to keep the Jets in reasonable down and distance since he constantly gets positive yardage but the younger backs - literally all three of them - have a degree of explosiveness that the offense really needs. Second and 5 to 8 yards is fine but it’d be kind of cool to have a second and 1 or 2 occasionally, or heaven forbid just get a first down on first down.