Bring Back Rex

Philc1

5 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Bottom line is with Rex Ryan we were relevant and  won games. I really don't understand all the rexs hate.   

You reacted with confusion to my post.  I'll try to clear it up.   Rex never figured out that he was the head coach and not the d coordinator.  Playing Sanchez with the 4th string in the 4th qtr of a preseason game is a fireable offense.  There are good reasons he's not a head coach in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, adb280z said:

You reacted with confusion to my post.  I'll try to clear it up.   Rex never figured out that he was the head coach and not the d coordinator.  Playing Sanchez with the 4th string in the 4th qtr of a preseason game is a fireable offense.  

And today’s sh tshow is not?

If the Johnsons bring back Rex, then say goodbye to GM Joe Douglas. Rex will want to draft the players himself like he did when he was here and in Buffalo. Rex will want a say in everything that is happening from drafting to free agent signing, Joe Douglas rebuilding plan will be in the garbage and will resign. 

6 hours ago, adb280z said:

He didn't learn from mistakes.  Completely ignored offense and got his starting QB injured in the 4th qtr of the Snoopy Bowl because he often acted like a child.

Well, MANY HC candidates get better the 2nd or 3rd time around. You can say he didn't learn from his mistakes and that's find but Mark Sanchez didn't matter to the NYJ anymore, not in 2013. Everyone knew at that point Sanchez's days were numbered as a QB in NY.

7 hours ago, adb280z said:

You reacted with confusion to my post.  I'll try to clear it up.   Rex never figured out that he was the head coach and not the d coordinator.  Playing Sanchez with the 4th string in the 4th qtr of a preseason game is a fireable offense.  There are good reasons he's not a head coach in the NFL.

How was Sanchez getting hurt a bad thing again?

11 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Well, MANY HC candidates get better the 2nd or 3rd time around. You can say he didn't learn from his mistakes and that's find but Mark Sanchez didn't matter to the NYJ anymore, not in 2013. Everyone knew at that point Sanchez's days were numbered as a QB in NY.

Rex didn't learn from any of his mistakes.  Still doing the same dumb things in his last year as he was in his 1st and that's why his 2nd time around only lasted 2 years.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Sanchez was bad, but he was better than Geno Smith.

Kind of.  Geno is still a QB2, at least.  In Denver, Sanchez couldn't beat out Paxton Lynch for QB2 duties behind 7th round pick Trevor Siemian.  He basically became a low-end QB2/expensive QB3 the remainder of his career (5 different stops) after leaving New York.