It’s clear Jamal’s disruption was the only thing holding this defense together

jetscrazey

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

That the endless repetition of these idiotic threads shows only that those in love with Adams are still incapable of formulating a single rational thought to support their baseless claims contradicting all historical evidence, as has been so eloquently shown here once again.

What is baseless is you saying we wouldn't  be better with him than without him. THE DEFENSE IS WORSE NOW THAT HE IS OFF THE TEAM. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What is baseless is you saying we wouldn't  be better with him than without him. THE DEFENSE IS WORSE NOW THAT HE IS OFF THE TEAM. 

So then your only point is that an NFL team could potentially be marginally better on one unit at select times if they were to have an individual player upgrade at a non-premium position, which would ultimately have no significant impact on the team's overall performance?  That's a very interesting point.

Now we just wait and see how long it takes you to figure out that you've really done an excellent job disputing the point of the very thread you rushed to inexplicably support despite lacking any argument to provide in its favor whatsoever.

53 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

So then your only point is that an NFL team could potentially be marginally better on one unit at select times if they were to have an individual player upgrade at a non-premium position, which would ultimately have no significant impact on the team's overall performance?  That's a very interesting point.

Now we just wait and see how long it takes you to figure out that you've really done an excellent job disputing the point of the very thread you rushed to inexplicably support despite lacking any argument to provide in its favor whatsoever.

Your position is pointless because you are making an argument that somehow one player improves this teams overall performance. Nobody improves this teams overall performance, not even a QB because the defense is so bad now. You would literally  need the KC O to keep up with any team with this D. A second string QB was tearing this team up. My point is you don't  fix a team by trading away it's best player. Marginally better is a preferred condition to horribly worse. 

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Your position is pointless because you are making an argument that somehow one player improves this teams overall performance. Nobody improves this teams overall performance, not even a QB because the defense is so bad now. You would literally  need the KC O to keep up with any team with this D. A second string QB was tearing this team up.

What are you even babbling about now?  I've said quite literally the exact opposite.  It's actually the endlessly repetitive threads still whining about the Adams trade, including this one you're desperately trying to defend, that is making those claims.  Meanwhile, all evidence shows that has absolutely no merit whatsoever, as you've already conceded.  You've now reached the point of going on a rant of how little sense your very own argument makes... although in fairness, that's certainly your strongest point yet.

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

My point is you don't  fix a team by trading away it's best player. Marginally better is a preferred condition to horribly worse. 

To that point, there's at least a small chance that the 4+ players that will come with the tens of millions of dollars, 2 1sts, and a 3rd could net some sort of positive result if properly used.  It's the Jets, so I wouldn't be overly surprised if they fail at that miserably as they so often do, but that still doesn't make refusing to try so they can instead double down on an already failed approach any less idiotic.  It's hardly a recipe for success to commit to the same level of garbage this team has been for years, just because that's the particular type of failure with which you are most familiar.

Of course, let's just disregard the fact that your last point here is once again self-contradictory, considering you were just asserting a single sentence earlier that far more help is needed across the team than just one individual player.  Although in fairness, I can imagine it's pretty tough to keep things straight when you clearly don't even understand what you're actually saying yourself, never mind the words of anyone else.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Hard to blame the guy seeing this. Say what you want about the approach but he was right.  Gase is a joke and so is this team. 

Bad approach but he wasn’t wrong for wanting his way out of here. Unfortunately, he shot his way out but he (and we) are better for it. Getting two 1st rounders that will be helpful to this team over the next 5+ years is better than keeping an unhappy Pro Bowler and needing to overpay him just to lose 24-13 instead of 31-13 in games like today. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

What are you even babbling about now?  I've said quite literally the exact opposite.  It's actually the endlessly repetitive threads still whining about the Adams trade, including this one you're desperately trying to defend, that is making those claims.  Meanwhile, all evidence shows that has absolutely no merit whatsoever, as you've already conceded.  You've now reached the point of going on a rant of how little sense your very own argument makes... although in fairness, that's certainly your strongest point yet.

To that point, there's at least a small chance that the 4+ players that will come with the tens of millions of dollars, 2 1sts, and a 3rd could net some sort of positive result if properly used.  It's the Jets, so I wouldn't be overly surprised if they fail at that miserably as they so often do, but that still doesn't make refusing to try so they can instead double down on an already failed approach any less idiotic.  It's hardly a recipe for success to commit to the same level of garbage this team has been for years, just because that's the particular type of failure with which you are most familiar.

Of course, let's just disregard the fact that your last point here is once again self-contradictory, considering you were just asserting a single sentence earlier that far more help is needed across the team than just one individual player.  Although in fairness, I can imagine it's pretty tough to keep things straight when you clearly don't even understand what you're actually saying yourself, never mind the words of anyone else.

You are arguing in your own reality. Sorry but in your fantasy land you think trading Adams has made no difference on this team when it obviously has, there for you think any argument contrary  to that is meaningless but the best argument is an 80 yard run for a TD and the conversion of 3rd and 30 with a second string QB. These kind of plays did not happen with Adams because he was the one who made the play to stop it. That is the difference you are habitually  ignoring. I am pointing out actual facts, you are stating an inept opinion. There is no denying the defense has become a joke without him.

As far as me contradicting  myself, that is more of you living in your own reality. I have been saying the defense is worse. You are leaning on this thing that I am contradicting  myself because you have no way to defense that. The defense is worse without him than with him. There is nothing you have brought up to dispute that fact except your morbid argument that some how there is no difference when the difference is massive. The person who thinks one player makes a difference is you, not me because you made that argument, not me. the team was bad with Adams. I never said it wasn't but he wasn't  the reason it was bad then as Sam isn't  the reason now and now the team is worse without him. Maye gave up a second TD to Reed in the second half. If Adams was covering, no way he gets in the endzone. That is the difference he would have made today. Maye sucks and so does that cast off from Seattle. The thing is Maye isn't  worth a second contract so nobody is going to care. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

You are arguing in your own reality. Sorry but in your fantasy land you think trading Adams has made no difference on this team when it obviously has, there for you think any argument contrary  to that is meaningless but the best argument is an 80 yard run for a TD and the conversion of 3rd and 30 with a second string QB. These kind of plays did not happen with Adams because he was the one who made the play to stop it. That is the difference you are habitually  ignoring. I am pointing out actual facts, you are stating an inept opinion. There is no denying the defense has become a joke without him.

As far as me contradicting  myself, that is more of you living in your own reality. I have been saying the defense is worse. You are leaning on this thing that I am contradicting  myself because you have no way to defense that. The defense is worse without him than with him. There is nothing you have brought up to dispute that fact except your morbid argument that some how there is no difference when the difference is massive. The person who thinks one player makes a difference is you, not me because you made that argument, not me. 

Your entire argument is now a complete strawman, you've contradicted yourself repeatedly, and ultimately the entire point of this thread you are desperately trying to defend, but have repeatedly disproven yourself in, is about the substantial single-handed difference the guy who was part of 3 years of crappy Jets teams would have made all by himself, despite absolutely no evidence to support the claim whatsoever.

Meanwhile, following repeated references to "your own reality" when historical facts are mentioned, you then cite fictitious events you credit to Adams in your alternate universe where he still plays with the Jets as "pointing out actual facts".

At this point the position you have no longer even matters anymore, and even Adams is pretty much irrelevant to it all now, as your failure to understand the meaning of words you look to use together has made it impossible for you to be anything but wrong.  I still anxiously await your response, with the next disputing of an argument of your very own, that you then attempt (and fail) to make once again immediately thereafter.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Your entire argument is now a complete strawman, you've contradicted yourself repeatedly, and ultimately the entire point of this thread you are desperately trying to defend, but have repeatedly disproven yourself in, is about the substantial single-handed difference the guy who was part of 3 years of crappy Jets teams would have made all by himself, despite absolutely no evidence to support the claim whatsoever.

Meanwhile, following repeated references to "your own reality" when historical facts are mentioned, you then cite fictitious events you credit to Adams in your alternate universe where he still plays with the Jets as "pointing out actual facts".

At this point the position you have no longer even matters anymore, and even Adams is pretty much irrelevant to it all now, as your failure to understand the meaning of words you look to use together has made it impossible for you to be anything but wrong.  I still anxiously await your response, with the next disputing of an argument of your very own, that you then attempt (and fail) to make once again immediately thereafter.

The evidence is today's game. 

Sorry you can't  flow a conversation. I mean do you really think I am making a point that Adams still plays for the Jets. 

????

It's called an example to make a point.

I hope you can do better than this in your next post. 

Btw, you saying I contradicted myself doesn't  mean I am. I have beem saying the team is worse without Adams the whole time. That's  what I mean by your alternate reality.  You think somehow my position has changed to say it isn't.  And do you even know what a strawman argument is? Where have I taken the argument to a different point. 

• Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The evidence is today's game. 

Sorry you can't  flow a conversation. I mean do you really think I am making a point that Adams still plays for the Jets. 

????

It's called an example to make a point.

I hope you can do better than this in your next post. 

Btw, you saying I contradicted myself doesn't  mean I am. I have beem saying the team is worse without Adams the whole time. That's  what I mean by your alternate reality.  You think somehow my position has changed to say it isn't.  And do you even know what a strawman argument is? Where have I taken the argument to a different point. 

Just to be clear, something you make up that didn't actually happen also isn't an example, in the same way it wasn't a fact.

So basically, you're saying the Jets' many years of crappy defense may very well be worse this year, yet no individual would have a meaningful enough impact on the overall terrible team.  Glad we agree, and to see that we both apparently are totally against the silly point attempting to be initially made with the start of this thread.  Now let's just hope no one does something so laughably ridiculous as to supposedly make that point in one moment and then immediately cite fabrications they start proclaiming proves the opposite of everything they just finished saying.

Meanwhile, Adams burned deep by Edelman for the second time today.  Clearly would've changed everything on all his own.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Just to be clear, something you make up that didn't actually happen also isn't an example, in the same way it wasn't a fact.

So basically, you're saying the Jets' many years of crappy defense may very well be worse this year, yet no individual would have a meaningful enough impact on the overall terrible team.  Glad we agree, and to see that we both apparently are totally against the silly point attempting to be initially made with the start of this thread.  Now let's just hope no one does something so laughably ridiculous as to supposedly make that point in one moment and then immediately cite fabrications they start proclaiming proves the opposite of everything they just finished saying.

Meanwhile, Adams burned deep by Edelman for the second time today.  Clearly would've changed everything on all his own.

That is basically what I have said from the start?  If you agreed with me all this time, you really must like arguing with yourself since it wasn't  with me. 

Adams had 8 tackles, 4 asst, and a sack. You think we could have used some of that today?

7 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Jamal on this team makes 0 difference. The two picks are way more valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yup.

Two things can be true at the same time.  Jamal Adams is a great player.  Those two 1st round picks are more valuable to the Jets than Jamal Adams right now.

How many people here were pissed when Jamal would dance around after a sack while the Jets were losing 27-7?  He's the same Jamal now.... just on a winning team.

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

That is basically what I have said from the start?  If you agreed with me all this time, you really must like arguing with yourself since it wasn't  with me. 

Adams had 8 tackles, 4 asst, and a sack. You think we could have used some of that today?

Yeah, totally your point from the start when your first post was throwing a little tantrum in response to me when I made the factually accurate statement that this team has sucked for a very long time both with and without Adams.  But I know you seem to have great difficulty understanding your own words, so no worries.

Although, if you really watched this game and came to the conclusion that Adams was some great difference-maker, when he gave up multiple big plays on all of the last 3 Pats scoring drives, well then that may just shed a little more light on this all.

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, totally your point from the start when your first post was throwing a little tantrum in response to me when I made the factually accurate statement that this team has sucked for a very long time both with and without Adams.  But I know you seem to have great difficulty understanding your own words, so no worries.

Although, if you really watched this game and came to the conclusion that Adams was some great difference-maker, when he gave up multiple big plays on all of the last 3 Pats scoring drives, well then that may just shed a little more light on this all.

Tantrum? Don't  flater yourself. The Jets were bad with Adams and are worse without him. That is what i have been saying. It hasn't  been me with the comprehensive issue at all bit looks like you do have one. 

Adams didn't  give up a TD, if May was covering JE, he would still be running

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Tantrum? Don't  flater yourself. The Jets were bad with Adams and are worse without him. That is what i have been saying. It hasn't  been me with the comprehensive issue at all bit looks like you do have one. 

Adams didn't  give up a TD, if May was covering JE, he would still be running

Yeah, could you imagine if Edelman were to set career highs in receiving yards?  That would have to be so embarrassingly bad for someone.

• Haha 1