Gase's excuse thread, week 2

freestater

30 minutes ago, Ghost said:

@SAR I You are such a smart man. That Gase is an awesome coach. He’s making everyone better.  

How would we know?

It's the same situation as last year-  too many injuries and too many bad players to be able to make the call.

So far, against two playoff teams, we look like we did in December against the Ravens.  Fortunately for us, our next two games are against the Colts and Broncos, far more like the teams we beat during our 6-2 finish.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

Just now, SAR I said:

How would we know?

It's the same situation as last year-  too many injuries and too many bad players to be able to make the call.

So far, against two undefeated teams, we look like we did in December against the Ravens.  Fortunately for us, our next two games are against the Colts and Broncos, far more like the teams we beat during our 6-2 finish.

SAR I

Oh yea, thank goodness we are playing the Colts - a team that scored more points today than we have in our first two weeks combined. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My mistake.  I thought Adam Gase was the HC.

You can't have it both ways.  

If you gave Gregg Williams 100% of the credit for the defense last year then you have to give Gregg Williams 100% of the blame for the defense this year.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The jets have a lot of good 'interim' coaches, williams, cooter even Vitt

The roster problems are so deep right now, a coaching change would make zero difference.

Colts and Broncos are more our speed.  Let's see how we play when our opponent isn't a playoff team.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

You can't have it both ways.  

If you gave Gregg Williams 100% of the credit for the defense last year then you have to give Gregg Williams 100% of the blame for the defense this year.

SAR I

You can't have it both ways either.  You've repeatedly said that Gase is the HC of the whole team and that's part of why you like him.

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’d normally be fine dumping Gase right now, but do we really want Williams coaching this team?

Why does he have a big reputation, again? 

BC Williams has a proven track record as an NFL DC and is coaching scrubs on a sinking ship of a team manned by the pyschotic HC who couldn't manager a Wal-Mart. 

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

BC Williams has a proven track record as an NFL DC and is coaching scrubs on a sinking ship of a team manned by the pyschotic HC who couldn't manager a Wal-Mart. 

All we heard all offseason was that the defense should be “solid” and could even be an above average unit. Through two weeks, this looks like as bad of a defense as there is in the entire league. 

im sorry, Williams is not doing a good job, and with as much fellatiO as he gets on this board, it’s sort of annoying. 

Get rid of Gase pronto, but do not promote this overrated  blowhard. That’s all I’m saying. 

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You can't have it both ways either.  You've repeatedly said that Gase is the HC of the whole team and that's part of why you like him.

Gase, Head Coach

Williams, Defensive Coordinator

Loggains, Offensive Cooridinator

I believe Adam Gase is a good head coach as proven by his ability to motivate the team in tough times last season; the jury is out whether or not he can get this team to play with a spark after the first two weeks.

I believe Gregg Williams is a good defensive coordinator as proven by his past track record, but his defense is the shock of the season; they have better personnel than last year and are playing obscenely worse.

I believe Dowell Loggains is a bad offensive coordinator.  We need to get rid of him and bring in a real OC so that the offense can thrive and Gase can concentrate on his more important head coaching responsibilities.

SAR I

• Haha 1

Is there anyone who can defend this guy besides a Johnson?

What’s to defend? He SUX, his only way out are excuses which fits a narrative on a weekly basis. And I’m tired hearing the roster excuse. We were told he and Douglas are on the same page as far roster. Enough of the bullcrap, this team was non competitive against a team with their 3 best defensive players out and starting QB gone at halftime. Also, they had to travel from west coast to play us. GASE IS A COMPLETE LOSER AS AN HEAD COACH!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

All we heard all offseason was that the defense should be “solid” and could even be an above average unit. Through two weeks, this looks like as bad of a defense as there is in the entire league. 

im sorry, Williams is not doing a good job, and with as much fellatiO as he gets on this board, it’s sort of annoying. 

Get rid of Gase pronto, but do not promote this overrated  blowhard. That’s all I’m saying. 

That was before trading Adams and losing Mosely and missing Williamson. Plus the HC is a loser whom instills a loser culture. Williams is a good NFL DC but he's not a magician. 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

That was before trading Adams and losing Mosely and missing Williamson. Plus the HC is a loser whom instills a loser culture. Williams is a good NFL DC but he's not a magician. 

He’s not Gase

Williams has success in Cleveland a couple years ago because Hue Jackson was an inept pompous clown much like Gase.  Sometimes just getting rid of a toxic head coach is all you need.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

How would we know?

So far, against two playoff teams, we look like we did in December against the Ravens.  Fortunately for us, our next two games are against the Colts and Broncos, far more like the teams we beat during our 6-2 finish.

SAR I

Confirmed troll.  Ban!

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase is 6-4 in his last 10 games.

I never could have imagined that this year's team could have more injuries and thus worse talent, but here we are.

SAR I

Gase literally brings nothing to the table at this point. His playcalling is absolutely pedestrian. Darnold doesn't have a chance with this offense.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He’s not Gase

Williams has success in Cleveland a couple years ago because Hue Jackson was an inept pompous clown much like Gase.  Sometimes just getting rid of a toxic head coach is all you need.

If Gw were to take over we would compete and be in games, maybe not win all of them but we would being actuallt running a modern (read decent) off game plan.

I'm all for giving GW a shot. He is a good coach.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

If Gw were to take over we would compete and be in games, maybe not win all of them but we would being actuallt running a modern (read decent) off game plan.

I'm all for giving GW a shot. He is a good coach.

What do we have to lose besides nothing?