What should happen to Gase

DonCorleone

I’m satisfied with Gase. Almost promises us the first overall pick AND the firing of Gase. 

then in 2021 draft, draft the best QB with the first pick and double down at the position with the second first rounder. Let the 3 QB battle it out. If you end up with 3 good QBs (lol), you trade 1 or two next year while keeping the best one. 

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

Basically this season is already marking time until the day Gase is fired and Gregg Williams is appointed interim HC. Only detail is the when. 

His defense has looked awful, too. 

I'd have a hard time promoting him to HC on the same day his defense gave up a 1st down on 3rd and 31.

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I don’t even think Gase would get an offensive coordinator position after this. He might have to be a QB coach or something

Would you want that man anywhere near your QB if you were a Head Coach? He might have to go be a scout or something.

I think he started as a receivers coach. Maybe he should go back to doing that.

I wasn't expecting a win.  All I was hoping for was a competitive game... They couldn't even do that with 2nd and 3rd stringers on that def. Ford, Bosa, Thomas... not including the other injuries that happened later. I expect them to be bad now and they can't even meet that expectation. It seems that there are still a lot of players just collecting paychecks on the team still. No heart. A message needs to be sent... This is where Parcells would just cut a semi 'safe' player or Belichick would trade a top tier player to send a message that if you don't play with heart you are off the team.  Unfortunately, there is nobody on this team that to cut that would even send that message unless it was QW or Darnold.

Honestly thinking about this earlier, I’m happy Christopher Johnson made the comments he did last week. 

if he speaks to reporters again he will get pressured about those exact words. 

I really do believe he had the best intentions for the team, but at the same time he is trying to learn on the fly.  He will not be made out to look like a fool. So some pressuring from the media asking when is enough enough etc,coupled in with hearing the disgust from the fans, and probably the players sooner rather than later(I feel like we got snippets from Sam and Quinnen today) May make him really start to think about this issue. 

Atleast, I hope so.