Sign in to follow this  
slats

Blissful Zen Numbness

55 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

So we're not rebuilding?  We're still in the teardown phase for this year and maybe even next?

If they're not building around Darnold then they need to get him out now.  I'm not kidding.  I'm a Darnold fan and I think he has promise, BUT if he won't be the guy then you can't wait.  You need to know both what kind of HC you'll have and what kind of QB you're going to have to build around (A Kyler Murray type? A Matt Ryan? A Brees?).

This could honestly mean the Jets are at least 3+ years away from having anything worthy of playoff contention on the field.

Darnold is coming up for an extension and it would be a huge gamble to give it to a guy your GM never drafted. I can't even see them picking up his 5th year option. Unfortunately Jets have to start their rookie window again with another quarterback in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

They certainly won't extend Darnold until they know for sure if he's the guy.  Worst case scenario is he plays out Year 4 (next year), Year 5 (option) and they're forced to franchise him because they couldn't get a deal done at the price JD would want prior to Year 5.  In that scenario JD would have 3 more Drafts to find a replacement QB.

Based on what I saw today we won't need 3 more drafts. Should have our pick between Lawrence and Fields.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company