FIRE ADAM GASE ***OFFICAL THREAD ***

joewilly12

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Berrios and Malone are your starting WR's this Sunday.  It's a wee bit hard to "coach up" guys who should be bagging groceries.

The guy you actually want fired was fired a year ago.  And, FYI, you accused Gase of "backstabbing" him.

SAR I

This is where you are completely wrong SAR I.

I don't care who the starting WR's are this Sunday. You know why? Because enough time has elapsed for this " Genius" to have implemented and installed his wonderful offence. It should be " plug and play" by now. You think that other teams don't have injuries or crappy starters? Come'on.  

Enough time has elapsed and groomed Sam to run the show. SAM HAS REGRESSED. Our franchise QB is supposed to make scrubs like Berrios and Malone ( by the way, i like Berrios) play/look better. 

Sam's regressing falls squarely on the lap of Gase just like we both used to say that Sanchez' regression was Rex's fault.

You can't be serious that you don't see this reality.

Time is of the essence here. Sam is in his 3rd year and Gase #1, #2 and #3 priority was to make him better. He hasn't, he isn't and he wont. 

I hope that you are right and that i'm wrong but i just don't see Gase making Sam better.

• Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I never said he was the problem, I said he's part of many problems here. 

We are rebuilding?

So signing 38 year old RB's are part of rebuilding. 

JD needs to be held accountable for this also. 

FIRE ADAM GASE 

You cry that we suck and then cry that a player who played well is old.  Who cares, every team I've ever watched has an older player who's a stopgap.  

He wasn't signed to be the lead back, everyone knows that.  I cant believe he played as well as he did, hes a marvel not a problem or anything that JD has to be held accountable for, thats silly.  Almost as silly as whinging about JD because Mims is injured, Perriman twisted an ankle and others injured or who opted out.  

Yes we're rebuilding and yes we should have realized that it wasn't going to get done in one offseason,  

Thought this was amusing...

The flaw was betting on the #$%^&@! Jets.

You know, my thought process behind making the pick last week was sound, but what I forgot to consider is what a terrible coach Adam Gase is. The man coaches like a child scared of the dark, slowly peeling the blanket down below his eyes when they hear a noise in the night. He's a coach not afraid of failure, but of success. And I assure you that you will not find me taking the Jets in this column again until he's gone.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-3-odds-picks-vikings-upset-titans-panthers-cover-despite-loss-of-christian-mccaffrey/

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You cry that we suck and then cry that a player who played well is old.  Who cares, every team I've ever watched has an older player who's a stopgap.  

He wasn't signed to be the lead back, everyone knows that.  I cant believe he played as well as he did, hes a marvel not a problem or anything that JD has to be held accountable for, thats silly.  Almost as silly as whinging about JD because Mims is injured, Perriman twisted an ankle and others injured or who opted out.  

Yes we're rebuilding and yes we should have realized that it wasn't going to get done in one offseason,  

First off there is no crying in football and i'm certainly not whining about anything. 

When you sign a player you have to have the mindset that they may eventually be your starter at some point. 

Only reason Gore and Ballage are on this roster is because of our moron HC, if not on the NY Jets not in the NFL. 

Rebuilding is not done the way the NY Jets have done it so many times and certainly not the way they are doing it this season being the embarrassment of the NFL. 

Also if you're looking for your daily argument with someone try the next man up i'm not your guy,i've wasted enough time responding to you. 

joewilly12 (***official stale pretzel eater***)

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

First off there is no crying in football and i'm certainly not whining about anything. 

When you sign a player you have to have the mindset that they may eventually be your starter at some point. 

Only reason Gore and Ballage are on this roster is because of our moron HC, if not on the NY Jets not in the NFL. 

Rebuilding is not done the way the NY Jets have done it so many times and certainly not the way they are doing it this season being the embarrassment of the NFL. 

Also if you're looking for your daily argument with someone try the next man up i'm not your guy,i've wasted enough time responding to you. 

joewilly12 (***official stale pretzel eater***)

You sign players to fill in, thats what you do.  I still dont get how you can complain about Gore when he played well.  Whats the point.  Hes not here other than to do what he did, fill in for Bell until Perine is ready.  

Ballage is a bottom of the roster STs player, so what.

Daily argument?  WTF is the matter with you?  You bring up a topic and if someone doesnt agree with you you cry that theyre arguing with you and cry over it, calling it a waste of time.  But you'll reply.  Again and again

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I don't care who the starting WR's are this Sunday. You know why? Because enough time has elapsed for this " Genius" to have implemented and installed his wonderful offence. It should be " plug and play" by now. You think that other teams don't have injuries or crappy starters? Come'on.  

Enough time has elapsed and groomed Sam to run the show. SAM HAS REGRESSED. Our franchise QB is supposed to make scrubs like Berrios and Malone ( by the way, i like Berrios) play/look better. 

Sam's regressing falls squarely on the lap of Gase just like we both used to say that Sanchez' regression was Rex's fault.

Time is of the essence here. Sam is in his 3rd year and Gase #1, #2 and #3 priority was to make him better. He hasn't, he isn't and he wont. 

I hope that you are right and that i'm wrong but i just don't see Gase making Sam better.

I'm confused.  You had the Jets at 5-11 back in August, so what's the problem?  You saw the roster, you know we're rebuilding, you know we have a brand new OL, you know we have brand new WR's.  You didn't have the Jets beating two playoff teams in back-to-back weeks and here we are, 0-2, just like you predicted.

You need to look in the mirror and ask yourself why the double-standard.  Why do you have 5-win expectations and then cry like a girl when (wait for it) the Jets play like a 5-win team?  The Bills look real and the 49ers are defending NFC champions.  

The 5 wins you had for the Jets were against the Broncos, Dolphins, Dolphins, Raiders, and Browns.  Until we lose to one of those teams, shhhh.  Pipe down.  Gase is meeting your expectations. 

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You sign players to fill in, thats what you do.  I still dont get how you can complain about Gore when he played well.  Whats the point.  Hes not here other than to do what he did, fill in for Bell until Perine is ready.  

Daily argument?  WTF is the matter with you?  You bring up a topic and if someone doesnt agree with you you cry that theyre arguing with you and cry over it, calling it a waste of time.  But you'll reply.  Again and again

Gore is a washed up bum. 

Ballage is a bum. 

These players are not part of any future here. 

They are only here because Adam Gase is the HC and if thats how JD rolls then maybe he isn't the right guy for the GM position. 

How anyone can defend Adam Gase,Frank Gore and Ballage is beyond me. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

JW12 is the poster child for the ignore button.

• Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm confused.  You had the Jets at 5-11 back in August, so what's the problem?  You saw the roster, you know we're rebuilding, you know we have a brand new OL, you know we have brand new WR's.  You didn't have the Jets beating two playoff teams in back-to-back weeks and here we are, 0-2, just like you predicted.

You need to look in the mirror and ask yourself why the double-standard.  Why do you have 5-win expectations and then cry like a girl when (wait for it) the Jets play like a 5-win team?  The Bills look real and the 49ers are defending NFC champions.  

The 5 wins you had for the Jets were against the Broncos, Dolphins, Dolphins, Raiders, and Browns.  Until we lose to one of those teams, shhhh.  Pipe down.  Gase is meeting your expectations. 

SAR I

I'll tell you why the so-called double standard. Yes, i did not expect 2020 to be year filled victories. But i do expect them to compete. They're not competitive. And that's on Gase.   Tell me one area of Sam Darnold's game that you see any improvement? I "cry like a girl" as you say it because they're playing like a 1 or 2 win team, at most. And that's unacceptable. Why? Because i don't see how Gase has helped or is helping Sam improve. Tell me, just what is Gase's offensive system? Dink and dunk? West coast? Run first? What is it? What you're saying is that until good players are in place, we will never see just what kind of a mastermind Gase really is. Even i know what Sam is good at doing at what he isn't good at. I would expect a "Genius" to also see it and built an offense that plays to his strengths ...just like other head coaches are currently doing in today's NFL!

You, I, everyone has seen this movie before. I fear what happened to Sanchez is happening to Sam.

All we hear from Gase defenders are excuses. 

Enough. 

PS,i won't except any name calling. I don't name call anyone, never have, never will. I'm not a female but if i were, i would find "cry like a girl" insulting. I hope you don't have any daughters.

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Gore is a washed up bum. 

Ballage is a bum. 

These players are not part of any future here. 

They are only here because Adam Gase is the HC and if thats how JD rolls then maybe he isn't the right guy for the GM position. 

How anyone can defend Adam Gase,Frank Gore and Ballage is beyond me. 

No kidding, all 53 on the roster and the 10 on the practice squad are not part of any future here.  As if thats news to anyone.  And as if every team in the NFL doesnt have players on their roster than arent part of their long term future.  This isnt news and a completely pointless argument that you feel like bludgeoning to death.  Right before you cry that someone answered your post

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

To be fair, in the pre-season prediction thread, I had us losing our 1st 2 games and even said we'd get off to a slow start.  But to not be competitive in either game and to get our doors blown off by the 49ers' backups is certainly not what I had in mind.  But you asked to see what Gase's offense looks like when we get some weapons back and it's reasonable enough.  Heck, I use those same points when defending Sam. 

FTR, I still think Sam is good and Gase stinks but I guess we'll see what happens.

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I'll tell you why the so-called double standard. Yes, i did not expect 2020 to be year filled victories. But i do expect them to compete. They're not competitive. And that's on Gase.   Tell me one area of Sam Darnold's game that you see any improvement? 

Do you see all the injuries?  How can you go into Sunday's game thinking we can score more than 13 points?  We have Herndon and a bunch of old guys and scrubs, we literally don't have any weapons if they double Herndon.  Darnold can't show improvement in these circumstances.  Tom Brady and Peyton Manning couldn't either.  There comes a point where the injuries aren't able to be overcome.  We don't have a deep roster like a playoff team.  You know what Idzik and Maccagnan did to us.  

5 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I "cry like a girl" as you say it because they're playing like a 1 or 2 win team, at most. And that's unacceptable. Why? Because i don't see how Gase has helped or is helping Sam improve. Tell me, just what is Gase's offensive system? Dink and dunk? West coast? Run first? What is it?

Again, see above.  If we don't get any of our starting WR's or RB's back, we are a 1 or 2 win team.  You and most experts had us at 5 wins completely healthy.  Dink and dunk is all we are capable of with receivers named Berrios and Malone.  A special teamer and a practice squad player.  That's not Chrebet and Toon out there.

7 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

What you're saying is that until good players are in place, we will never see just what kind of a mastermind Gase really is. Even i know what Sam is good at doing at what he isn't good at. I would expect a "Genius" to also see it and built an offense that plays to his strengths ...just like other head coaches are currently doing in today's NFL!

That's exactly what you saw last year!  In our last 8 games we went 6-2 with Gase doing exactly what you asked for, building a gameplan to play to our strengths and letting Sam succeed.  Sam had 14 TD's 4 INT's and a 93.3 QBR.  The difference was we weren't playing playoff teams like the Bills (on the road) and the 49ers (NFC champs).  Give Gase a few weeks, give us non-playoff teams to compete against.  Again, in a season where most had us at 5 wins, those 5 wins were supposed to come against non-playoff teams, and we just played 2 playoff teams.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No kidding, all 53 on the roster and the 10 on the practice squad are not part of any future here.  As if thats news to anyone.  And as if every team in the NFL doesnt have players on their roster than arent part of their long term future.  This isnt news and a completely pointless argument that you feel like bludgeoning to death.  Right before you cry that someone answered your post

Exactly.

It's a shame that Gase has to be out there trying to coach this turd.  Its the fundamental problem with a rebuild and an impatient fanbase.  Douglas gets painted as the solution because he's not visible, Gase gets painted as the problem because he's out there trying to coach.  Both guys are here for the long-haul and both are here to be partners to get this thing turned around.  Fans need to keep quiet and let them do what needs to be done.  Gase and Darnold showed some nice flashes last year in tough times, they'll do it again when the schedule is easier, people need to calm down and look in mirror.  They had 5-win expectations and they're acting like they're entitled to 12 wins.  Makes no sense.

SAR I

So is there a real counter movement (SAR go sit down) to firing Gase over the course of the next 2 months - given the likely trajectory

I need to understand if there's a real voice against this? This isn't about WinsVsLosses or lack of talent. it's about the effort/effectiveness/playcalling.

Anyone who's watching football knows this is true. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So is there a real counter movement (SAR go sit down) to firing Gase over the course of the next 2 months - given the likely trajectory

I need to understand if there's a real voice against this? This isn't about WinsVsLosses or lack of talent. it's about the effort/effectiveness/playcalling.

Anyone who's watching football knows this is true. 

Anyone who doesn't call for the IMMEDIATE (Today) firing of Adam Gase is a Moron and doesn't know Football. 

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

To be fair, in the pre-season prediction thread, I had us losing our 1st 2 games and even said we'd get off to a slow start.  But to not be competitive in either game and to get our doors blown off by the 49ers' backups is certainly not what I had in mind. 

We look bad, no question about it.  But going 0-2 healthy didn't happen, we were hurt again.  And I don't think anyone would be happy with 2 'pretty' losses anyway, a loss is a loss.

We looked this bad last year too, remember?  Seeing ghosts against the Patriots, getting steamrolled by the Ravens.  We have beaten a team with a winning record 1 time since 2013 and I don't see how anyone could expect us to now when a) we have a rebuilt OL, b) we have ridiculous injuries at WR and RB, c) there was no preseason, d) we just played the 2 toughest games on our schedule, and e) we have a paper-thin Idzik/Maccagnan roster.

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

But you asked to see what Gase's offense looks like when we get some weapons back and it's reasonable enough.  Heck, I use those same points when defending Sam. 

FTR, I still think Sam is good and Gase stinks but I guess we'll see what happens.

That's the spirit!  Colts and Broncos are better than we are but at least are closer to our speed.  Colts will be a miracle if we can score 13 points, but our D should show the hell up after the week they've had.  Broncos game hopefully we see Mims, Perine, Perriman, Crowder, and Bell back there and get a big performance from a wide open O.  Fingers crossed.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Sam's regression is on Sam.  It may well be that he simply is young, immature and has bad mechanics and is not what we thought he was going to be.  Learning is not linear and when you don't have a sound foundation you're not just learning the mental aspects of the game it takes years of repetition to break down bad mechanics and rebuild it to functioning at the NFL level.  Sam has gotten away with a lot of bad mechanics when he was better than the competition.  He's now in a situation where he simply can't do that.

Gase has been here for 1 season and 2 games.  He did a wonderful job last year.  The team has been stripped down and is in the first year of rebuild.  No offseason, no pre-season.  

Gase may well suck but the reality is Sam, Mayfield and Rosen look like busts at this point.  Mayfield is working with all pro talent and still show no ability to be a competent pocket passer and he's not athletic enough to do it on the move.  Rosen has crapped out.  Sam is clearly not handling the pressure and the lack of talent around him and his bad mechanics and decision making are magnified.  

Most of the people who are on the can Gase bandwagon were on the same bandwagon the day he was hired.  Jets fans have extremely over reacted to two games this year.  

I'm not advocated that Gase is going to be a good HC.  I simply don't have enough information to make an informed decision at this point.  The Jets are being stripped down and rebuilt, it's actually seems to be the plan and it's the right move. 

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We look bad, no question about it.  But going 0-2 healthy didn't happen, we were hurt again.  And I don't think anyone would be happy with 2 'pretty' losses anyway, a loss is a loss.

We looked this bad last year too, remember?  Seeing ghosts against the Patriots, getting steamrolled by the Ravens.  We have beaten a team with a winning record 1 time since 2013 and I don't see how anyone could expect us to now when a) we have a rebuilt OL, b) we have ridiculous injuries at WR and RB, c) there was no preseason, d) we just played the 2 toughest games on our schedule, and e) we have a paper-thin Idzik/Maccagnan roster.

That's the spirit!  Colts and Broncos are better than we are but at least are closer to our speed.  Colts will be a miracle if we can score 13 points, but our D should show the hell up after the week they've had.  Broncos game hopefully we see Mims, Perine, Perriman, Crowder, and Bell back there and get a big performance from a wide open O.  Fingers crossed.

SAR I

You're not being unreasonable at all but, obviously, there's a lot of frustration rooting for this team.  Let's hope we can get things back on the right track this week.  I'm tired of rooting for losses to improve our draft position every year. Fingers crossed.

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You think the fan base is mad cause we're 0-2 and injured? Do you work at Walmart? 

Him and many others here just dont get it.

It's not the fact of 0-2 (Jets are a bad team) Its the HOW of 0-2. 

For instance, Dolphins are a bad team and they are 0-2 BUT,  close game at New England followed by close game against Buffalo. 

Coach Flores actually COACHED FOOTBALL and the Dolphin players tried their hardest and nearly pulled the Buffalo upset.

Jets are a bad team and are 0-2 and trailed in EACH of their 2 games 21-3 at Halftime. Included in this is an untouched 80-yard run on the first play of the game (Gase must've given a ROUSING Pre-game speech).

Coach Gase DOES NOT Coach Football and the Jet players DID NOT try their hardest and are out of both games and dead and buried by 1:10 Eastern time.

That's the difference for you Simpletons

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

Him and many others here just dont get it.

It's not the fact of 0-2 (Jets are a bad team) Its the HOW of 0-2. 

For instance, Dolphins are a bad team and they are 0-2 BUT,  close game at New England followed by close game against Buffalo. 

Coach Flores actually COACHED FOOTBALL and the Dolphin players tried their hardest and nearly pulled the Buffalo upset.

Jets are a bad team and are 0-2 and trailed in EACH of their 2 games 21-3 at Halftime. Included in this is an untouched 80-yard run on the first play of the game (Gase must've given a ROUSING Pre-game speech).

Coach Gase DOES NOT Coach Football and the Jet players DID NOT try their hardest and are out of both games and dead and buried by 1:10 Eastern time.

That's the difference for you Simpletons

100%

JAX was nearly laughed out of the league in August for "transparent" tanking... they're 1-1 and have been in both games. 

they are:

• starting UDFAs at RB and WR
  • Bandaide Oline
  • A defensive that's been totally undressed and cut/traded 
  • You think Porn-stache Minshew is a "better" QB than Darnold? 

This team is ROTTEN to the core. JD better man up and start have those tough conversations about Gase w/ Chris Johnson. This is ALL coaching/leadership/scheme

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

When you look at a football coach there are several factors as to if he is a good coach that can win for your team or not.

Wins and losses alone are certainly not the only thing as we all know talent is a factor.

Does the team look prepared to play?

Does the team fight to end even if they are over matched?

Does the coach get more out of the talent he has nor not?

Will this coach be good enough to get you to the next level?  Playoffs?  Then super bowl?

Most coaches have a back ground offense or defense, does that side of the ball excel?  (Rex?  Yes, once the D started to fail REx was a fail.  Bowles?  No.  Gase?  No.)

This team does not look prepared to play.

This team does not fight to the end and make it tough for better teams to beat them.

The coach does not get the most out of the talent.

There is no indication that this coach can get the team to the next level.

Is the offense at least passable from an offensive coach?  No

Now this team is not ready to compete talent wise so some would say what is the harm in giving Gase another year or two?

He is taking the most important asset on the team QB and this QB who looked promising now looks worse. 

I'd like to see him fired now or before year end.  At worst I'd like to see him fired at the end of the year.

What will happen is that the Jet will give him another wasted year and he will be canned mid season next year or at the end if next year.  Why?  Because that is what the Jets do.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

100%

JAX was nearly laughed out of the league in August for "transparent" tanking... they're 1-1 and have been in both games. 

they are:

• starting UDFAs at RB and WR
  • Bandaide Oline
  • A defensive that's been totally undressed and cut/traded 
  • You think Porn-stache Minshew is a "better" QB than Darnold? 

This team is ROTTEN to the core. JD better man up and start have those tough conversations about Gase w/ Chris Johnson. This is ALL coaching/leadership/scheme

Excellent points.

Marrone > Gase

Shad Khan > Clown Johnson Brothers 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

It's a shame that Gase has to be out there trying to coach this turd.  Its the fundamental problem with a rebuild and an impatient fanbase.  Douglas gets painted as the solution because he's not visible, Gase gets painted as the problem because he's out there trying to coach.  Both guys are here for the long-haul and both are here to be partners to get this thing turned around.  Fans need to keep quiet and let them do what needs to be done.  Gase and Darnold showed some nice flashes last year in tough times, they'll do it again when the schedule is easier, people need to calm down and look in mirror.  They had 5-win expectations and they're acting like they're entitled to 12 wins.  Makes no sense.

SAR I

Got to say, I dont think for a minute that Gase is here for the long haul.  He could have if he turned things around but its not going to happen.  I think its pretty apparent that the Jets are going to blow this up and rebuild with Joe Douglas the lead in all of this

42 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You think the fan base is mad cause we're 0-2 and injured? Do you work at Walmart? 

I think the fanbase is mad because we've sucked for 10 years and Tom Brady is gone and we're not ready to win right now.  I think the fanbase is mad because Idzik and Maccagnan were awful GM's and decimated our roster and there is no quick fix.

I think the fanbase is stupid if they think Adam Gase is the problem.  

SAR I

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This team does not look prepared to play.

Defense, Gregg Williams.

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This team does not fight to the end and make it tough for better teams to beat them.

Defense, Gregg Williams.

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The coach does not get the most out of the talent.

Talent?  LOL.  Adam Gase is 6-4 in his last 10 games.  A miracle, considering the injuries.  Anyone who saw the 6-2 finish could never say that Gase doesn't get the most out of the talent.  We were underdogs in all 8 games and won 6 of them.

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There is no indication that this coach can get the team to the next level.

Is the offense at least passable from an offensive coach?  No

Injuries obscure all attempts to validate what this coach might do once the roster is ready to get to the next level.  For that visibility one must rely on his past accomplishments in Denver and Miami.

SAR I

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

He's playing better. He's playing passionately and confidently...

But please, like he's a better QB all things being equal. He would look just the same if not worse in Green and White under current conditions. 

You just talked about how bad the Jaguars wepenzzz are but can't give him the same excuses that Darnold gets?

He's producing with a bad team/weapons.  Darnold isn't with a bad team/weapons.