FIRE ADAM GASE ***OFFICAL THREAD ***

joewilly12

20 hours ago, fullblast said:

And honestly, it's a bit ridiculous to think the decision will come down to the results of one game against a terrible opponent.

Like if they go out and win by 20 then CJ is cool with Gase? But if they lose he's fired? What if they tie?

This franchise, man.

No but you cant go out and fire Gase after a game they win by 20.  

You have to wait until they get blown out next in their next game by the Cards

Delays the party

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sounds good but looks stupid if you do

Don't care what it looks like. Have you watched this team play. They are the only team in the NFL to not hold a lead this season. 

This team is unprepared, they can't score they cant tackle. 

Since when has the NY Jets ever worried what anything looks like, why start now. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Don't care what it looks like. Have you watched this team play. They are the only team in the NFL to not hold a lead this season. 

This team is unprepared, they can't score they cant tackle. 

Since when has the NY Jets ever worried what anything looks like, why start now. 

Teams care.  The Jets would look worse than any of your memes make them out to be by firing their HC, mid season, after a win in week 4.

They'll have to wait a week. Whats the difference, its inevitable.  

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Teams care.  The Jets would look worse than any of your memes make them out to be by firing their HC, mid season, after a win in week 4.

They'll have to wait a week. Whats the difference, its inevitable.  

Send Adam Gase out a winner. The NY Jets would be labeled nice guys for once. 

The one who is bringing this offense down is Darnold. He's not a Douglas guy. 

Sadly, I fear this is the case.

The rumor that JD didn’t want any of these guys including Adams, Gase and Sam holds some weight.
It started with Jamal being sent away and gase will most likely be fired Thursday night.
Sam is the last man standing and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if JD has designs on moving on from him as well.
I’m not saying I’m definitely thinking that but it’s very possible.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

13 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

The rumor that JD didn’t want any of these guys including Adams, Gase and Sam holds some weight.
It started with Jamal being sent away and gase will most likely be fired Thursday night.
Sam is the last man standing and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if JD has designs on moving on from him as well.

Sam has always said the right things just like bell he is safe for this season. Next I'm not sure

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Sam has always said the right things just like bell he is safe for this season. Next I'm not sure

You are right and this also is part of the problem.  As a 22 year old kid, the Billionaire boss asked Sam if he was pleased with Adam Gase when he they were already going to hire him.  He said absolutely.  If probably was never asked his opinion of McArthy. Im sure Sam would have said the same thing. Two weeks ago the media asked him about the 4th and 1 play where he could have made aQB sneak and he was not allowed the change the play.  He said the analytics of the play did not warrant the it and they he was not allowed to change the play.  Football is also about a gut feeling.  Football is about hyping your guy up on the sideline.  Im a supporter of Sam but sometimes the best laid out plans have to be adjusted and he needs to communicate that more effectively.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

The good thing is multiple sources have reported Gase will be canned pending a loss Thursday night. I think he should be fired regardless of result. Get him the hell outta there.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2911044-jets-rumors-adam-gase-to-be-fired-if-ny-loses-to-broncos-ny-has-called-agents

I'll say itagain...  IDGAF about Gase!

However, with Matt Moore he defeated the Bowles-led Jets ...

sowhile you dump all of your disappointment in a so-far bust atQB on the HC/OC's head...

consider that you are moaning that he's thge worst of all time while he beat us with a b/u QB.

so, sure...get another OC/HC...  fine by me...       

teh real culprit is years of Bowles/Macc

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I'll say itagain...  IDGAF about Gase!

However, with Matt Moore he defeated the Bowles-led Jets ...

sowhile you dump all of your disappointment in a so-far bust atQB on the HC/OC's head...

consider that you are moaning that he's thge worst of all time while he beat us with a b/u QB.

so, sure...get another OC/HC...  fine by me...       

teh real culprit is years of Bowles/Macc

Rex Ryan went 8-8 with Geno Smith at QB 

On 9/27/2020 at 10:32 PM, SAR I said:

No, what’s not funny anymore are people who think we have a coaching problem and not a personnel problem.  We had a thin and weak roster from years of neglect to begin with and now it’s injured.  So we ride it out until everyone is healthy again and we see what things look like at that time.  

This “fire everyone!” Eeyore nonsense has to stop.  

SAR I 

Yeah, and California wouldn't have fires if it just had good forest management. C'mon man. Gase sucks. He's got to go.

1 hour ago, Jethead said:

Yeah, and California wouldn't have fires if it just had good forest management. C'mon man. Gase sucks. He's got to go.

Gase may suck.  We don't know what he's like with a good team or a healthy team.  We know that with a bad team, he has his good moments and his bad, but he is able to rally the troops through hard times.  It makes him the right coach for this team right now.

All we are saying, is give Gase a chance.

SAR I

26 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Part of having a good team is having a good head coach. 

Saying that we've never seen Gase with a "good team" is sort of the point. 

Not if your roster is as bad as the Jets.  We haven't drafted well in the last decade, and the quick-fix expected from our FA's and draft class are all on IR.  Ignoring that fact, talking as if that fact isn't a factor doesn't change things.  Experts are of the opinion that we have the worst roster in the league by far.  No one can 'coach up' a bad roster, not to the degree you apparently expect.

"Good team" means "good roster".  The Jets, even when perfectly healthy, have a paper-thin group of players where an injury or two takes us from a mediocre NFL team to an XFL team.  We haven't seen Adam Gase coach a good Jets team so we don't know what we actually have in him.  So we're going to be patient, get healthy, draft better, and find out.

SAR I

9 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

One of the few times I have disagreed with you Green. I think the only scenario that has Chris thinking of firing Gase is if JD himself is telling CJ that Gase is ruining their FQB. No other scenario really makes sense (strictly from a Johnson family) perspective for firing Gase now. If your plan is to move on from Sam, then you want the #1 pick so stay the course, trade Moseley and Bell and move on. But if you think Sam can be a FQB still you fire Gase now and clearly CJ didnt think that as an option a week ago.

Sam is not a bust. Brees was worse his first 2 years than Sam has been. He needs the right coach and the right system. Sam is not Peyton and Gase insists on not only using a Peyton offense but then not giving him the ability to adjust. It is a sh*teeshow of epic proporations.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Not if your roster is as bad as the Jets.  We haven't drafted well in the last decade, and the quick-fix expected from our FA's and draft class are all on IR.  Ignoring that fact, talking as if that fact isn't a factor doesn't change things.  Experts are of the opinion that we have the worst roster in the league by far.  No one can 'coach up' a bad roster, not to the degree you apparently expect.

"Good team" means "good roster".  The Jets, even when perfectly healthy, have a paper-thin group of players where an injury or two takes us from a mediocre NFL team to an XFL team.  We haven't seen Adam Gase coach a good Jets team so we don't know what we actually have in him.  So we're going to be patient, get healthy, draft better, and find out.

SAR I

Blame the roster all you want.  Gase and JD have a significant role in its current state

Just now, Philc1 said:

Blame the roster all you want.  Gase and JD have a significant role in its current state

No doubt, but it's Year 1 for the two of them together and controlling their own draft, feels like they will get more time to figure it out.  This injury bug is ridiculous, never seen anything like it.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

No doubt, but it's Year 1 for the two of them together and controlling their own draft, feels like they will get more time to figure it out.  This injury bug is ridiculous, never seen anything like it.

SAR I

some of the injuries are either being faked or exaggerated.  The roster quit on Gase