FIRE ADAM GASE ***OFFICAL THREAD ***

joewilly12

19 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Is this just someone thinking out loud or a foreshadowing from a reporter who has had scoops about the Jets in the past.

She is usually on the money for scoops, so this sounds like a 'waiting for the time to be right' kind of prelude. Come on Broncos, seal the deal!

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The person who takes the job has to be hungry, out to prove a point that even they can turn this turd show into a winning organization. 

Many have tried many have failed. 

Our roster is the worst in the NFL right now. 

Only appealing aspect is the 2-#1 draft picks in the 2021 NFL draft. 

And a slew of 2020 draft picks that haven't even seen the filed. That's like having 2 drafts in 1.

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, what’s not funny anymore are people who think we have a coaching problem and not a personnel problem.  We had a thin and weak roster from years of neglect to begin with and now it’s injured.  So we ride it out until everyone is healthy again and we see what things look like at that time.  

This “fire everyone!” Eeyore nonsense has to stop.  

SAR I 

True. Lets just fire you.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I want Harbaugh. He's a psycho and perfect for NY.  And his press conferences would be Parcellian and a breath of fresh air from the likes of Bowles and Gase.  He transformed the 49er's pretty quickly before things got sour with them. And he's probably itching to get back to the NFL.  And he's a veteran coach and still young.  And if we land Lawrence, Fileds or Lance, he'd be like an evil scientist. 

es.png

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Good morning why is Adam Gase still the HC of the NY Jets. 

Johnsons are still paying Bowles through end of the year. They fire Gase now they are paying THREE HCs. Pathetic 

The old saying has never been more true: Johnsons are penny wise and pound foolish. Hire one expensive HC or you end up paying three cheap ones at the same time

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I am really buying into the theory that everything is going along to plan.  Yes firing Gase would help Darnold dramatically, but Douglas doesn't care about Darnold - 1) he didn't draft him, 2) he knows that the Jets do not have the supporting cast or coaching staff in place needed to develop him  and 3) he is treating the Jets like an expansion team, building from the ground up and he knows that a QB one year away from big money is not what the franchise needs.  So Douglas doesn't care that Darnold's career is being destroyed because Douglas has already moved on and knows; Gase is a lousy coach, the Jets have virtually no talent, we have a shot at winning the Lawrence lottery if we keep both so stay the course, go 0-16 get Lawrence, more OL pieces and another top WR, a real TE and a RB and then we move forward.

I'll say it again, you do not replace the only WR with whom Sam was comfortable with two NFL castoffs (Perriman and Doctson), sign 3rd tier OL to one year contracts, ignore the edge and CB positions in the draft and trade away your best defensive player if you have any desire to compete.  The Jets are not firing Gase this season, Darnold is being sacrificed, we are all in for Lawrence and 2021 will be year 1 under a new system.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, deucebag said:

I am really buying into the theory that everything is going along to plan.  Yes firing Gase would help Darnold dramatically, but Douglas doesn't care about Darnold - 1) he didn't draft him, 2) he knows that the Jets do not have the supporting cast or coaching staff in place needed to develop him  and 3) he is treating the Jets like an expansion team, building from the ground up and he knows that a QB one year away from big money is not what the franchise needs.  So Douglas doesn't care that Darnold's career is being destroyed because Douglas has already moved on and knows; Gase is a lousy coach, the Jets have virtually no talent, we have a shot at winning the Lawrence lottery if we keep both so stay the course, go 0-16 get Lawrence, more OL pieces and another top WR, a real TE and a RB and then we move forward.

I'll say it again, you do not replace the only WR with whom Sam was comfortable with two NFL castoffs (Perriman and Doctson), sign 3rd tier OL to one year contracts, ignore the edge and CB positions in the draft and trade away your best defensive player if you have any desire to compete.  The Jets are not firing Gase this season, Darnold is being sacrificed, we are all in for Lawrence and 2021 will be year 1 under a new system.

I agree with this.  He drafted Morgan and brought in flacco, that’s not how you support darnold if you believe in him.  That’s what you do if you’re thinking of replacing him.

new gms always bring in new qbs, that’s why the prior gm got fired, because their qbs sucked.  

I do think gase could get canned during the year if the johnsons have had enough.  If Denver crushes them that could be it.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Remember when the Jets beat the Dolphins week 4 in London, and right after the game the Dolphins fired head coach Joe Philbin?

First NFL game I'd ever attended live. I chose that day to continue supporting the Jets. Once I commit, that's it. You just don't change allegiances.

******* stupid decision that was.

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, deucebag said:

That's just not true. He had a much better relationship with Crowder.

5 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

I want Harbaugh. He's a psycho and perfect for NY.  And his press conferences would be Parcellian and a breath of fresh air from the likes of Bowles and Gase.  He transformed the 49er's pretty quickly before things got sour with them. And he's probably itching to get back to the NFL.  And he's a veteran coach and still young.  And if we land Lawrence, Fileds or Lance, he'd be like an evil scientist. 

es.png

Harbaugh would be an exciting hire but I dont see him being all that inspired by a top QB prospect - he likes a very conservative ground and pound offense and wants to win with defense.  His teams were always in the bottom ten in passing and the top ten in rushing.  Do you want to relive the days of Herm Edwards - run the ball on third and long and the attitude of - the defense will win the game for us?  That philosophy sure has heck doesn't fit the NFL landscape these days.

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

That's just not true. He had a much better relationship with Crowder.

Yeah, but, Crowder is not a deep threat, he's a slot guy who could get open because Darnold had the threat of and the chemistry with Robby to complete a deep pass.  Its a lot easier to complete a 10yd out than a 40 yd bomb.  I feel like the biggest problem Sam is having this season is he is not on the same page as his WRs - they are reading the defenses differently

1 minute ago, deucebag said:

Yeah, but, Crowder is not a deep threat, he's a slot guy who could get open because Darnold had the threat of and the chemistry with Robby to complete a deep pass.  Its a lot easier to complete a 10yd out than a 40 yd bomb.  I feel like the biggest problem Sam is having this season is he is not on the same page as his WRs - they are reading the defenses differently

The combination of Darnold and Robby nearly produced the worst catch % in the NFL for WR's with more than 50 rec last year. Something like 42nd out of 48 eligible WR's. The "chemistry" they had is a myth. 

34 minutes ago, deucebag said:

I didn’t believe this but today I might. 

SAR I

I've tried being patient. I've kept the roster in context. I've considered the essentially training camp less 2020 craziness. I've tried to be positive. That's over. This dumpster fire has to end. Gase isn't the only issue, but I can't see him surviving as he's so tainted at this point, and the team hasn't shown anything. Not with the sh*t show they've been putting on the field. At least be competitive.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NFL Trade rumors says different 

https://nfltraderumors.co/2021-nfl-draft-order/

Oh wow.  Didn't realize that.  It's strange that they're so different from each other.  The SoS numbers on the 2 sites look like they're measuring a different thing.

0.778 vs .638 for the Jets.