FIRE ADAM GASE ***OFFICAL THREAD ***

joewilly12

47 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

some of the injuries are either being faked or exaggerated.  The roster quit on Gase

I don't see players like Crowder, Perriman, or Mims faking injuries.  And they're the 3 that count.  And I don't think a player like Gore comes to New Jersey to work for a coach he doesn't respect.  

I believe the roster is injured.  And they'll be back soon.  I bet most Jets fans had the Jets opening no better than 1-2 when healthy.  So we're a game back very injured.  The Gase media spin is an exaggeration, not the locker room.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I would greatly prefer some of the short passes that Gase calls on 3rd down to be called on 2nd down. 

I thought Gase called a good game in Indianapolis.  Hell, if Darnold wasn't personally responsible for a 21 point swing we may have won that game comfortably.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

5 hours ago, Barkus said:

Earliest Gase will be fired is the bye week. I would be stunned if he is fired this week, regardless of the outcome. Barring an impossible turn around, Gase will be fired at the end of the season. 

The NY Jets could be looking to move on from Adam Gase as soon as Friday, per multiple reports.

The NY Jets are set to take on the injury-riddled Denver Broncos this Thursday night. And that game between two woeful 0-3 football teams could be the last that Adam Gase ever coaches as a member of the Jets’ organization.

Multiple reports have come out in recent days indicating that the Jets could be looking to move on from Gase this week, especially if the Jets lose on Thursday.

First, it was a report from ESPN’s Chris Mortensen that came out on Sunday that indicated that the Jets brass would be “monitoring this week closely” to determine whether or not Gase should remain with the franchise.

Mortensen said that the team’s upcoming game against the Indianapolis Colts — a game they would lose in embarrassing fashion 36-7 — would be important, but that this Thursday’s game against the Broncos would be “more telling.”

This, of course, led to speculation that Gase might not have much of a future in New York. And since that report, multiple other media members have come out indicating the same thing.

FOX Sports’ Colin Cowherd said on his show, “The Herd with Colin Cowherd,” on Monday that Gase would be fired if the Jets lose this Thursday.

“I am told with Adam Gase that [if the] Jets lose Thursday, he’s done.

I’m told the Jets have already reached out to a top coach agent and started asking questions. The Jets have started the process.”

Now, it should be noted that Cowherd doesn’t have the best track record with reporting news — that’s been well-documented to this point. However, another media member with perhaps more validity came out on Tuesday supporting Cowherd’s initial report.

Another source seemed to back up Colin Cowherd’s claim about Adam Gase and the NY Jets.

Colorado radio host and NFL analyst Benjamin Allbright took to Twitter to state that he said the exact same thing during his pre-game show for the Broncos on Sunday.

Speaking candidly for a moment, Allbright is almost always right about things like this so he’s certainly someone who should be trusted.

That’s now three different reports all stating the same thing — that Gase will likely be fired if the Jets lose on Thursday.

Facing an 0-3 Broncos team that will be traveling across the country on a short week is already a game that should be won.

Throw in the fact that the Broncos are just as injured as the Jets and will be starting Brett Rypien, an undrafted free agent who threw the first eight passes of his NFL career last week, and you have a must-win game for the Jets.

But seeing as they haven’t even looked competitive in the slightest in their first three games, that seems to be asking a lot. Even Vegas as caught on with the Jets 3.5-point underdogs despite the odds being stacked against Denver.

Adam Gase’s days in New York seem to be numbered and with a long week ahead of the team’s Week 5 meeting with the Arizona Cardinals, Friday might be the perfect time to officially pull the plug.

https://thejetpress.com/2020/09/29/ny-jets-adam-gase-fired-friday/

• Upvote 1

NY Jets: Multiple reports indicate Adam Gase could be fired on Friday

by Justin Fried40 seconds ago Follow @JustinTFried

The NY Jets could be looking to move on from Adam Gase as soon as Friday, per multiple reports.

The NY Jets are set to take on the injury-riddled Denver Broncos this Thursday night. And that game between two woeful 0-3 football teams could be the last that Adam Gase ever coaches as a member of the Jets’ organization.

Multiple reports have come out in recent days indicating that the Jets could be looking to move on from Gase this week, especially if the Jets lose on Thursday.

First, it was a report from ESPN’s Chris Mortensen that came out on Sunday that indicated that the Jets brass would be “monitoring this week closely” to determine whether or not Gase should remain with the franchise.

Mortensen said that the team’s upcoming game against the Indianapolis Colts — a game they would lose in embarrassing fashion 36-7 — would be important, but that this Thursday’s game against the Broncos would be “more telling.”

This, of course, led to speculation that Gase might not have much of a future in New York. And since that report, multiple other media members have come out indicating the same thing.

FOX Sports’ Colin Cowherd said on his show, “The Herd with Colin Cowherd,” on Monday that Gase would be fired if the Jets lose this Thursday.

“I am told with Adam Gase that [if the] Jets lose Thursday, he’s done.

I’m told the Jets have already reached out to a top coach agent and started asking questions. The Jets have started the process.”

Now, it should be noted that Cowherd doesn’t have the best track record with reporting news — that’s been well-documented to this point. However, another media member with perhaps more validity came out on Tuesday supporting Cowherd’s initial report.

Another source seemed to back up Colin Cowherd’s claim about Adam Gase and the NY Jets.

Colorado radio host and NFL analyst Benjamin Allbright took to Twitter to state that he said the exact same thing during his pre-game show for the Broncos on Sunday.

Speaking candidly for a moment, Allbright is almost always right about things like this so he’s certainly someone who should be trusted.

That’s now three different reports all stating the same thing — that Gase will likely be fired if the Jets lose on Thursday.

Facing an 0-3 Broncos team that will be traveling across the country on a short week is already a game that should be won.

Throw in the fact that the Broncos are just as injured as the Jets and will be starting Brett Rypien, an undrafted free agent who threw the first eight passes of his NFL career last week, and you have a must-win game for the Jets.

But seeing as they haven’t even looked competitive in the slightest in their first three games, that seems to be asking a lot. Even Vegas as caught on with the Jets 3.5-point underdogs despite the odds being stacked against Denver.

Adam Gase’s days in New York seem to be numbered and with a long week ahead of the team’s Week 5 meeting with the Arizona Cardinals, Friday might be the perfect time to officially pull the plug.

Don’t be surprised to see Gase fired by this Friday.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

the guy has to go

and the guy has to go now.

Tell me, when you were forecasting this season's W-L record, where did you have the Jets after 3 weeks?  3-0?  2-1?  

Thought so.

The Jets are meeting your expectations.  Scream for Gase's neck when our offensive weapons are healthy and we are playing the type of competition you saw us beating back in July when you had us at 5-11 perfectly healthy.  Until then, shhh.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Tell me, when you were forecasting this season's W-L record, where did you have the Jets after 3 weeks?  3-0?  2-1?  

Thought so.

The Jets are meeting your expectations.  Scream for Gase's neck when our offensive weapons are healthy and we are playing the type of competition you saw us beating back in July when you had us at 5-11 perfectly healthy.  Until then, shhh.

SAR I

It's not the record. It's the lack of competitiveness of the games combined with how badly the quarterback has played. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It's not the record. It's the lack of competitiveness of the games combined with how badly the quarterback has played. 

But let's be fair.....

Can really bad players show "competitiveness"?  Or are they just naturally slower, less accurate, and less talented than legitimate starters?  What we view as "lazy", can't it actually be "inability"?

Does Sam throw 3 picks if Mims and Crowder are his targets instead of [don't know his name] and [don't know his name]?  Would Bell have gotten a few first downs if he were available instead of a 40 year old and a raw rookie?  

I'd like to give the young head coach the benefit of the doubt, especially when we saw him get the most out of bad players last year in a similarly injured state.  Fire Gase in a month when the injured players are back and we still suck, I'm fine with that.  But right now Adam Gase is the best option we have to turn this season around, so let's do that.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

But let's be fair.....

Can really bad players show "competitiveness"?  Or are they just naturally slower, less accurate, and less talented than legitimate starters?  What we view as "lazy", can't it actually be "inability"?

Does Sam throw 3 picks if Mims and Crowder are his targets instead of [don't know his name] and [don't know his name]?  Would Bell have gotten a few first downs if he were available instead of a 40 year old and a raw rookie?  

I'd like to give the young head coach the benefit of the doubt, especially when we saw him get the most out of bad players last year in a similarly injured state.  Fire Gase in a month when the injured players are back and we still suck, I'm fine with that.  But right now Adam Gase is the best option we have to turn this season around, so let's do that.

SAR I

All right. You get points for trying.

Let's see what happens tomorrow night and take it from there. If the Jets come out with fire and passion and play well Gase should stay, for now. A mid-season firing is drastic and seldom produces a good outcome.

But,...

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

But let's be fair.....

SAR I

Reasonable enough (so long as he's not destroying Sam's confidence).

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Thought so.

SAR I

nah homie

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Gase also got blown out a lot in Miami

He was a first time head coach, a rookie.  I don't care much about his time in Miami.  That stop served the purpose of letting a division rival suffer the growing pains of a rookie head coach.  We get him with that experience, experience that helped him come up with 6-2 after 1-7 last year, a coaching marvel.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I believe they can and they do when the coaching is good. 

Kyle Shannahan had a team pretty much as bad as the current Jets for two seasons in San Fransisco and in his first season went 6-10 followed the next year by 4-12.  They wanted to run him out of town.  They said he was in over his head.  They said his playcalling was awful.  They boycotted.  They flew planes.  They started FIRE KYLE SHANNAHAN *OFFICIAL* threads.

They look pretty stupid now.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Kyle Shannahan had a team pretty much as bad as the current Jets for two seasons in San Fransisco and in his first season went 6-10 followed the next year by 4-12.  They wanted to run him out of town.  They said he was in over his head.  They said his playcalling was awful.  They boycotted.  They flew planes.  They started FIRE KYLE SHANNAHAN *OFFICIAL* threads.

They look pretty stupid now.

SAR I

In two years KS went 10-22.  Gase stays this year he doesnt do better and no matter his team isnt anywhere as competitive as those SF teams 

By year 2 they were blown out once.  All with Mullens and Beathard at QB for all but 3 games.  Managed to rank above the 20 spot in offense

Gases message isnt getting throw, no one seems to care.  Thats the death of a HC

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

After his first bad game who goes into the uniform JW?

All QB's have bad games. What you look for in a young rookie QB is  progression in all aspects. You also look for leadership traits, the ability to overcome a bad game and improve on your faults. Ive said it a million times, to be an NFL QB either you have it or you don't. 

Sam Darnold seems to have regressed in my opinion.