FIRE ADAM GASE ***OFFICAL THREAD ***

joewilly12

19 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'd love to see Gase fired, but GW's piss poor results with the D and mental instability makes it problematic.  We have a coaching staff seemingly devoid of anyone other than GW who could fit the bill as interim HC.  Seriously, if Gase is so brilliant where are all of the great assistant coaches who want to work with him? Anyway, among the Jets assistants, which is high in quantity but low on quality, the Jets have Two (not one, but Two) Assistant HC's, which is laughable since the HC only coaches the offense. Anyway, one of the Assistant HC's is Frank Bush, who has been coaching in the NFL for 29 years. During this time he has been a Linebackers Coach, Defensive Line Coach, Secondary Coach, Defensive Coordinator and Special Teams Coordinator. He has coached for the Titans. Texans, Rams, Dolphins and Broncos (2 SB rings). He has been an assistant HC with the Texans, Dolphins and Jets. As coach of the Jets LBs he has managed to get production out of depth players forced into action due to injuries. 

Frank Bush is the Man. Make him the interim HC because you can't reward GW and, more importantly Bush is the more stable human as well as an Assistant HC.

ikb0b4owqgyaiecr5nut.png

Such an on-point post and I think if Williams’ defense was playing even average football, he’s probably the coach right now. I think someone will tell him that anyway—put together a few decent weeks on D and we can justify making the swap—but he really shot himself in the foot last week with the roughing penalties.

I don’t think you can get away with firing Gase AND Loggains AND Williams because then you’re in a place where you’re scrambling to hire assistants off the street, which would be a cluster****. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Such an on-point post and I think if Williams’ defense was playing even average football, he’s probably the coach right now. I think someone will tell him that anyway—put together a few decent weeks on D and we can justify making the swap—but he really shot himself in the foot last week with the roughing penalties.

I don’t think you can get away with firing Gase AND Loggains AND Williams because then you’re in a place where you’re scrambling to hire assistants off the street, which would be a cluster****. 

This 'fire the head coach' stuff is wasted energy, the Jets aren't getting rid of Gase during the season and its highly unlikely they will do so in the offseason.

The roster is an injured mess and none of it is Gase's doing.  If you look at the situation from Gase's perspective, the guy was put in a tough job to begin with, a decade of bad drafts and weed culture, and now with the trades and injuries and opt-outs it's impossible.  If the guy was cuddly and bombastic like Ryan or bouncing around on the sidelines like Carroll, he'd be a fan favorite, but because he's nose-down in his playsheets trying to make an offense out of sand, oh no, he's the devil, he's the problem, the Jets would be 4-0 if we had someone else's hyped coordinaor.

Nothing has changed between how you and I felt in the offseason and how we should feel today.  Just like last season, Gase has been hit with an injured roster but this time its against tougher opponents.  Gase hasn't regressed.  It's a sh-t job and we're lucky to have him.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This 'fire the head coach' stuff is wasted energy, the Jets aren't getting rid of Gase during the season and its highly unlikely they will do so in the offseason.

The roster is an injured mess and none of it is Gase's doing.  If you look at the situation from Gase's perspective, the guy was put in a tough job to begin with, a decade of bad drafts and weed culture, and now with the trades and injuries and opt-outs it's impossible.  If the guy was cuddly and bombastic like Ryan or bouncing around on the sidelines like Carroll, he'd be a fan favorite, but because he's nose-down in his playsheets trying to make an offense out of sand, oh no, he's the devil, he's the problem, the Jets would be 4-0 if we had someone else's hyped coordinaor.

Nothing has changed between how you and I felt in the offseason and how we should feel today.  Just like last season, Gase has been hit with an injured roster but this time its against tougher opponents.  Gase hasn't regressed.  It's a sh-t job and we're lucky to have him.

SAR I

All of this can be true, but the one metric that mattered for Gase this year was getting Darnold to look competent and Darnold looks worse than ever. Obviously, it’s a trash job and you’re right that Gase would be in a safer seat if he appealed more to the Franco from Setauket set, but there’s now some urgency to prop up Darnold and the Jets have to find out if Gase is the problem there. An alternative, smart  measure would be Gase firing Loggains and letting Jim Bob Cooter call the plays, but there’s no way Gase is going to demur like that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Posts like this are why this board needs a large steaming pile of sh1t emoji.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

We have a coaching staff seemingly devoid of anyone other than GW who could fit the bill as interim HC. 

Minor quibble: Joe Vitt has actually done the job before (he was interim HC in New Orleans during Payton's suspension). But otherwise this is a great post. Bush certainly has the experience, and he's also listed as an Assistant Head Coach, which can't hurt.

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

There is absolutely no way you believe any of this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

There is absolutely no way you believe any of this.

And I say the same thing about people who don't see a decade of bad drafts, a ridiculous amount of injuries, and a head coach that is being persecuted for things that are acts of God or crimes of past GM's.  Gase didn't build this roster.  Gase didn't cause these injuries.  He's the biggest victim in all of this.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

The roster is an injured mess and none of it is Gase's doing. 

#Excuses

You don't see the 49ers sucking ass and losing games. They're roster has been as bad if not worse than ours.

The difference? Coaching. 

• Upvote 1

Sam is much smarter than Mark Sanchez, but what is happening around him is a different set of bad actors in the same bad play. How does this garbage somehow keep recycling itself year after year after year?

If the Jets didn't unceremoniously kick The Lord (Chad Pennington) in his ass, he may have developed more than a passing - heh - interest in being a QB Coach or some similar type of capacity with the Jets. I would have loved that, and I think he would've been a great asset to Sam's development (let alone The Chimp's). Anyway, Chad still wears a Jet jersey and never says anything impolitic about the organization because he just isn't that way, but the slight stung enough for him to stay away more than likely for life. He's Matt Snelling it for different reasons. Thanks, Jets. 

Anyone would flounder in this situation. Anyone. And don't anyone forget that when Pennington was holding a clipboard he was smart enough to actually learn. No-one is mentoring Sam Darnold, but at this point he should mentor himself and just lob the ball. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I only remember the ‘96 team getting blown out once week 1 in Denver

Jets were in a lot of games that year

I looked it up.   They lost 7 games by double digits.

They were 27th out of 30 in scoring, and 29th out of 30 in scoring defense.   That team sucked.   Average score was 28-17

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

#Excuses

You don't see the 49ers sucking ass and losing games. They're roster has been as bad if not worse than ours.

The difference? Coaching. 

Kyle Shanahan is 5-20 without Jimmy Garoppolo.  Guru!  Genius!

The 49ers are 3 years ahead of the Jets in their rebuilding process.

The 49ers ownership stood-firm with their GM and HC pairing going through fan revolt screaming for their HC's head during 6-10 and 4-12 seasons before going to the Super Bowl in their 3rd season.

The difference?  OWNERSHIP STICKING TO THEIR PRINCIPLES AND IGNORING DUMB FANS.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

We need a top 10 reasons to fire Gase now list. I'll go first.

1. Give the incoming coach a chance to evaluate Darnold. I'd rather not just move on and give Darnold away for nothing like we did Leo.

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk

You want a list? Watch a game.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Kyle Shanahan is 5-20 without Jimmy Garoppolo.  Guru!  Genius!

The 49ers are 3 years ahead of the Jets in their rebuilding process.

The 49ers ownership stood-firm with their GM and HC pairing going through fan revolt screaming for their HC's head during 6-10 and 4-12 seasons before going to the Super Bowl in their 3rd season.

The difference?  OWNERSHIP STICKING TO THEIR PRINCIPLES AND IGNORING DUMB FANS.

SAR I

Nope

youre countering your own argument. Rebuild status has nothing to do with 3rd stringers which is what you blamed our performances on. Coaching is the difference. You know it or you’re an idiot. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Nope

youre countering your own argument. Rebuild status has nothing to do with 3rd stringers which is what you blamed our performances on. Coaching is the difference. You know it or you’re an idiot. 

Third stringers on the Jets and third stringers on the 49ers are not the same thing.  The 49ers second string are better than 90% of our starters when healthy.

A decade of roster neglect cuts deep, not just the one's but the two's and three's.  You know it or you're an idiot.

SAR I