FIRE ADAM GASE ***OFFICAL THREAD ***

joewilly12

On 10/11/2020 at 5:43 PM, FidelioJet said:

for those of you that want Gase fired, I ask why?

it looks like #1 overall is a real possibility.  I’m typically not a tank guy but this is a lost season.  

Let AG finish this out and start over with Lawrence. 3 more first round picks in two years, a franchise LT a lot of cap space.  Firing Gase at this point will give them the best chance to win. 

I hear ya, but my fear is that we have a season like last year.  After falling out of contention in the first month, and w find a way to win a few meaningless games down the stretch.  I don't want to to give the Johnsons any justification for bringing him back.  Make the move in season, at the bye week and lets be 100% certain we are done with him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I hear ya, but my fear is that we have a season like last year.  After falling out of contention in the first month, and w find a way to win a few meaningless games down the stretch.  I don't want to to give the Johnsons any justification for bringing him back.  Make the move in season, at the bye week and lets be 100% certain we are done with him.

We had a better roster last year and Sam played really well second half of the season

This year the roster sucks and Gase has ruined Sam

Just a hunch but I think Gase is gone after this weeks game.  I feel like it could have happened last week but the schedule change complicated matters.  The team felt like a coaching change on a week where the schedule just changed on us was a bad time to do it, esp against Gase’s old team.  Again just a feeling/hunch.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rob Moore said:

Just a hunch but I think Gase is gone after this weeks game.  I feel like it could have happened last week but the schedule change complicated matters.  The team felt like a coaching change on a week where the schedule just changed on us was a bad time to do it, esp against Gase’s old team.  Again just a feeling/hunch.

I hope to God you are right and the NY Jets organization rids itself of this bum he has no right ever coaching in the NFL again. 

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I would not be at all surprised if douglas and c johsnon  have not even had a 'fire gase' conversation.

Yeah it went something like this...

Douglas "Should we think about you know, maybe letting Adam go?"

Johnson "Nah, while he is there filling his current role there is less scrutiny on you and I"

Douglas "Point taken".

12 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Yeah it went something like this...

Douglas "Should we think about you know, maybe letting Adam go?"

Johnson "Nah, while he is there filling his current role there is less scrutiny on you and I"

Douglas "Point taken".

I think it is like this.

The jets org structure has each guy reporting to the owner separately.

Douglas knows that gase was part of the reason he was hired and does not want to be looked on as back stabber.

The owner is an incompetent buffoon so he has not set up a meeting with Douglas to talk about the head coach.  He also feels he has given Douglas the power to make a move.

Both sides are waiting for the other to come to them and state that he must be fired.

Instead they are going to wait until the end of the year post season meetings and then quickly decide gase should be gone.

Just now, Beerfish said:

I think it is like this.

The jets org structure has each guy reporting to the owner separately.

Douglas knows that gase was part of the reason he was hired and does not want to be looked on as back stabber.

The owner is an incompetent buffoon so he has not set up a meeting with Douglas to talk about the head coach.  He also feels he has given Douglas the power to make a move.

Both sides are waiting for the other to come to them and state that he must be fired.

Instead they are going to wait until the end of the year post season meetings and then quickly decide gase should be gone.

Or until there are three banner flying airplanes making the same "suggestion" at the same rime over the stadium.

On 10/14/2020 at 3:27 PM, GreenFish said:

I agree. Fire this fool. I want the Jets to get a calm and composed HC. I don’t want a first time HC.

Give me Todd Bowles current defensive coordinator of the Buccaneers.

image.thumb.jpeg.94955872621942e88537c3c223f542f5.jpeg

I have to admit, I genuinely liked the Bowles hire at the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1