FIRE ADAM GASE ***OFFICAL THREAD ***

joewilly12

On 10/21/2020 at 3:42 PM, joewilly12 said:

Michigan, Jim Harbaugh getting ready to part ways? 

Updated 7:15 AM; Today 7:13 AM 
college football

Starting to get the vibes that the stars are lining up for this.....

Would like to see him modernize his offense a bit tho....hopefully he can find another Joe Brady type to bring with him 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Today is proof-positive that not only isn't Adam Gase going anywhere, but he is a strong head coach whose players believe in him.

There were a few positive signs for the team today; the biggest one is Gase showing signs of flexibility and unselfishness.  Took a true leader to relinquish his playcalling duties.  Gase takes all the heat so his players don't have to.  He has their backs so they have his.  They played hard today, no quit in them.

It'll be great to see Adam next season with a new OC, new DC, and a new QB and 28 new position players who want to play in New Jersey and want to grow with a young team on the rise.

SAR I

I really love your commitment to trolling, however you need to balance the scales by admitting you are wrong in regard to Gase's coaching ability.  An NFL coach would bench a poor performing starting qb, not so here.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Has any NFL Head Coach started 1-7 in their first year, then started 0-7 in their second, and NOT get fired after that second year?

Adam Gase is 1-14 here when the games matter, the first halves of seasons.  1-14.

But we're the Jets, so I actully think the SAR-schtick might actually be true....that the Johnsons have no plan to fire Gase during OR after the season this year.

You just have to lol, really.

You start by understanding that the Jets roster has been neglected for a decade by awful GM's.  You layer on the revolving door of GM's and HC's who didn't like each other.  Then you layer on a new CEO trying to do it the right way.  The patient way.  Then you layer on a pandemic where there are no fans being asked to pay for season tickets for consecutive seasons.  Then you hit that paper-thin team with an overwhelming amount of injuries that leads to a bad start and pole position for the #1 pick.

Under that perfect storm, it means that a head coach who may or may not belong here in the long run is just perfect for the short term.  Somewhere around Week 4 we decided to throw in the towel on 2020 and the cuts and trades and opt-outs and Darnold and move on to 2021.  

That's how Adam Gase survives into next year.  And if one looks a little bit deeper, you see the team being shaped to Adam Gase's liking.  Players he didn't want, gone.  Players trying to undermine him, gone.  Players who want to play, getting time.  Draft capital being accumulated in an accelerated fashion.  All signs point to Adam Gase as the Jets Football Man.  That one guy at the top of the organization calling the shots instead of a pencil pusher who has the owner's ear.

This is the rebuild we wanted and the structure we wanted.  Gase may or may not be the right guy.  But you have to admire Johnson's strategy, the organizations commitment to stopping the revolving door, what Gase is doing, who he's gotten rid of, how he's sacrificing this year for next, and how he's handling it all-  especially being bulletproof with the vicious media and taking all the heat so the players don't have to.  That's quite a skill.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I really love your commitment to trolling, however you need to balance the scales by admitting you are wrong in regard to Gase's coaching ability.  An NFL coach would bench a poor performing starting qb, not so here.

I have neither the time or the energy to lie.  These are my honest opinions.  You may find them unbelievable and irrational, I get that, but it does not mean you are being trolled.

You are actually being enlightened.  As the weeks go by, you will understand this.  And maybe, just maybe, apologize.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

You start by understanding that the Jets roster has been neglected for a decade by awful GM's.  You layer on the revolving door of GM's and HC's who didn't like each other.  Then you layer on a new CEO trying to do it the right way.  The patient way.  Then you layer on a pandemic where there are no fans being asked to pay for season tickets for consecutive seasons.  Then you hit that paper-thin team with an overwhelming amount of injuries that leads to a bad start and pole position for the #1 pick.
Under that perfect storm, it means that a head coach who may or may not belong here in the long run is just perfect for the short term.  Somewhere around Week 4 we decided to throw in the towel on 2020 and the cuts and trades and opt-outs and Darnold and move on to 2021.  
That's how Adam Gase survives into next year.  And if one looks a little bit deeper, you see the team being shaped to Adam Gase's liking.  Players he didn't want, gone.  Players trying to undermine him, gone.  Players who want to play, getting time.  Draft capital being accumulated in an accelerated fashion.  All signs point to Adam Gase as the Jets Football Man.  That one guy at the top of the organization calling the shots instead of a pencil pusher who has the owner's ear.
This is the rebuild we wanted and the structure we wanted.  Gase may or may not be the right guy.  But you have to admire Johnson's strategy, the organizations commitment to stopping the revolving door, what Gase is doing, who he's gotten rid of, how he's sacrificing this year for next, and how he's handling it all-  especially being bulletproof with the vicious media and taking all the heat so the players don't have to.  That's quite a skill.  
SAR I

I agree. I dont have the energy to argue it either. But Gase deserves a fair shot. Giving him a broken roster with a bad QB is not a fair shot.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

I have neither the time or the energy to lie.  These are my honest opinions.  You may find them unbelievable and irrational, I get that, but it does not mean you are being trolled.

You are actually being enlightened.  As the weeks go by, you will understand this.  And maybe, just maybe, apologize.

SAR I

It cracks me up how much you stick to this opinion.  You do realize Gase is going to be fired at (or before) the end of the season, though, right?  I have to say that, when it happens, I'm going to miss the back-and-forth with you.  It has been one of the few entertaining things about this season.  Honestly, this forum would be boring without you here.  

• Haha 1

Gase was hired for two reasons - he was touted as an offensive guru and his ability to nurture and develop our young QB.  He has failed miserably on both counts.  He has produced the worst offense in the league over the last 1-1/2 years, his team has not been competitive in the vast majority of it's many losses, and his QB has regressed badly. Now that he is no longer calling the plays, he has been relegated to holding and tossing the challenge flag, which quite frankly, is all he's good for.  He will be kicked to the second the season is over unless the Johnson's embarrassment level boils over before then.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, RSJ said:

I agree. I dont have the energy to argue it either. But Gase deserves a fair shot. Giving him a broken roster with a bad QB is not a fair shot.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Uhm, what. Gase couldn’t use L Bell right, he couldn’t use RA right, his calls HB dives on 2nd and 25, he doesn’t adjust at halftime, he doesn’t create plays that center around his players strengths, every starting QB he has does better without him, he doesn’t take enough shots downfield even though his OL is getting a better push than in 2019, he doesn’t attack defenses because he’d rather take what little they give him. He’s a toxic personality who players, from multiple franchises, want to get away from. 

sure the situation sucks, sure the roster sucks. I’m not buying it though. He’s 0-7 and hasn’t even looked remotely competitive on ANY drive in ANY game this season. It’s too easy to diagnose and neutralize a Gase offensive game plan.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jim Harbaugh? I don’t think he’s the answer.

I don't necessarily think he's the answer, but I'm starting to think this is the direction the Johnsons go in. The fanbase is gonna need a spark especially if we have fans in the stands in 2021. I'm seeing them go for a "Splashy" hire to try reignite the fan base and ensure butts in seats. Harbaugh would fit the bill, and the back pages for that matter 

I don't think he's the answer, but I also think we could do a lot worse

2 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I don't necessarily think he's the answer, but I'm starting to think this is the direction the Johnsons go in. The fanbase is gonna need a spark especially if we have fans in the stands in 2021. I'm seeing them go for a "Splashy" hire to try reignite the fan base and ensure butts in seats. Harbaugh would fit the bill, and the back pages for that matter 

I don't think he's the answer, but I also think we could do a lot worse

As long as it isn’t Bill O’Brian...which is totally a Jets hire.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It cracks me up how much you stick to this opinion.  You do realize Gase is going to be fired at (or before) the end of the season, though, right?  I have to say that, when it happens, I'm going to miss the back-and-forth with you.  It has been one of the few entertaining things about this season.  Honestly, this forum would be boring without you here.  

There's nothing that says Gase gets fired except for the social media machine and some whiny fans.

All indications are that ownership wants to stop the revolving door, bring some stability, change the culture, and rebuild the right way.  There are no signs from the Jets at all-  no leaks, no complaints.  All indications are that the Jets brass are happy with what really matters this season-  the rebuild.

The post-Maccagnan Jets are not about W's and L's.  They're about ending the dysfunction, bringing organizational stability, changing the culture, evaluating talent, moving expensive/old players, accumulating draft collateral, and righting the cap.  Hell, we've even validated that Darnold is a bust before the trade deadline. Stop looking at the W's and L's, you will be very pleased by the progress this franchise is making.   

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There's nothing that says Gase gets fired except for the social media machine and some whiny fans.

All indications are that ownership wants to stop the revolving door, bring some stability, change the culture, and rebuild the right way.  There are no signs from the Jets at all-  no leaks, no complaints.  All indications are that the Jets brass are happy with what really matters this season-  the rebuild.

The post-Maccagnan Jets are not about W's and L's.  They're about ending the dysfunction, bringing organizational stability, changing the culture, evaluating talent, moving expensive/old players, accumulating draft collateral, and righting the cap.  Hell, we've even validated that Darnold is a bust before the trade deadline. Stop looking at the W's and L's, you will be very pleased by the progress this franchise is making.   

SAR I

Hey who knows but I'd be absolutely stunned if Gase was not fired by a couple of days after the season (at the latest).  I will admit, however, that Gase's complete ineptitude might end up saving this franchise (if we end up with #1 overall and Trevor agrees to play here).  If he contributed to Macc being fired (and it seems like he did) that would be another strong positive in his favor.  If he helped pick Joe D (not sure if he did) then even more credit to him.

But as a HC and as a guy who was brought here to develop Sam Darnold, he was a complete and utter failure and will go down as one of the worst HC's in NYJ history (if not the very worst).

And as far as I'm concerned, Sam is NOT a bust but I fully admit that the jury is still out on that.  But if I do think he's going to succeed if we goes to a more competent franchise (one with a much more competent HC than Adam Gase).

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Hey who knows but I'd be absolutely stunned if Gase was not fired by a couple of days after the season (at the latest).  I will admit, however, that Gase's complete ineptitude might end up saving this franchise (if we end up with #1 overall and Trevor agrees to play here).  If he contributed to Macc being fired (and it seems like he did) that would be another strong positive in his favor.  If he helped pick Joe D (not sure if he did) then even more credit to him.

It's possible that the Jets get the #1 pick, Lawrence states publicly that he's willing to come to New Jersey, and with that Christopher Johnson is able to attract a top offensive mind from the NFL or NCAA and Gase is out. 

I'm of the belief that none of that will happen.  First, I think we're going to win a couple of games and not get the top spot.  Next, I don't think Lawrence wants to risk his half-a-billion-dollar brand on the Jets, and I don't think any A+ coaching candidate will want to come to the NFL's Siberia.  I think Christopher Johnson knows this too and that's why Gase hasn't been fired yet when, by all logic, he should have been.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

But as a HC and as a guy who was brought here to develop Sam Darnold, he was a complete and utter failure and will go down as one of the worst HC's in NYJ history (if not the very worst).

Except Gase was brought here to do two things:

1.  Be the Football Man at the top of an organization that is rebuilding, create a great culture, eliminate organizational dysfunction, evaluate players, clean out malcontents, accumulate draft capital, and ultimately lead us out of the abyss.

2.  To develop Sam Darnold.

So it is very possible to succeed at #1 while failing at #2.  And with many in the NFL coming to the realization that Darnold is not a great quarterback and is more than likely a bust, it makes even more sense to look at Gase in a different light.  As someone not only hamstrung by the worst roster in the NFL and the worst injuries in the NFL but also one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's possible that the Jets get the #1 pick, Lawrence states publicly that he's willing to come to New Jersey, and with that Christopher Johnson is able to attract a top offensive mind from the NFL or NCAA and Gase is out. 

I'm of the belief that none of that will happen.  First, I think we're going to win a couple of games and not get the top spot.  Next, I don't think Lawrence wants to risk his half-a-billion-dollar brand on the Jets, and I don't think any A+ coaching candidate will want to come to the NFL's Siberia.  I think Christopher Johnson knows this too and that's why Gase hasn't been fired yet when, by all logic, he should have been.

SAR I

The post-Maccagnan Jets are not about W's and L's.  They're about ending the dysfunction, bringing organizational stability, changing the culture, evaluating talent, moving expensive/old players, accumulating draft collateral, and righting the cap.  Finding out that Darnold is a bust in October is another great benefit, we can move him and get more picks Seeing Gase keep his cool and keep this team together and playing hard is another pressure test he's passing, no different than last year.

Stop looking at the W's and L's, you will be very pleased by the progress this franchise is making.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And as far as I'm concerned, Sam is NOT a bust but I fully admit that the jury is still out on that.  

How many awful games does he need to have before the jury comes out with that verdict?  10 more?  20?  

Are we absolutely SURE Geno Smith and Christian Hackenberg were busts? 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How many awful games does he need to have before the jury comes out with that verdict?  10 more?  20?  

Are we absolutely SURE Geno Smith and Christian Hackenberg were busts? 

I'm quite sure Hackenburg and Geno were busts.  I'm not willing to write off Sam until I see him play on team with competent coaching and weapons.  I fully understand that might not happen here (and I wouldn't pass on Trevor if we can get him) but I am still of the belief he'll succeed elsewhere, given that criteria (competent coaching and weapons).  Just because Adam Gase is a disgrace of a HC doesn't mean we should take it out on Sam.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm quite sure Hackenburg and Geno were busts.  I'm not willing to write off Sam until I see him play on team with competent coaching and weapons.  I fully understand that might not happen here (and I wouldn't pass on Trevor if we can get him) but I am still of the belief he'll succeed elsewhere, given that criteria (competent coaching and weapons).  Just because Adam Gase is a disgrace of a HC doesn't mean we should take it out on Sam.

Funny, because the same exact things were said about Sanchez and Geno Smith.  

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

1.  Be the Football Man at the top of an organization that is rebuilding, create a great culture, eliminate organizational dysfunction, evaluate players, clean out malcontents, accumulate draft capital, and ultimately lead us out of the abyss.

So it is very possible to succeed at #1 while failing at #2.  And with many in the NFL coming to the realization that Darnold is not a great quarterback and is more than likely a bust, it makes even more sense to look at Gase in a different light.  As someone not only hamstrung by the worst roster in the NFL and the worst injuries in the NFL but also one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL.  

SAR I

Sure. But if you acknowledge that he has failed at #2, how could anyone in their right mind trust him to develop any other QB we draft?

Maybe Gase is a good head coach and he has just been in a bad situation his whole career (doubtful). But, I don't trust him to develop a QB. At the end of the day, in this league, that is all that matters. 

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Gase failed miserably at everything he was brought here to do.  His primary job was to develop Sam (because developing Sam would, in theory, lead us into contention).  The idea was that Sam's success would translate into the team's success.  Obviously he was there to coach the team as well.  He stunk at developing Sam and he loses by double-digits about half the time, while getting blown out (by 20+ points) about 1/3 of the time.

He will go down in Jet history alongside Rich Kotite.

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Funny, because the same exact things were said about Sanchez and Geno Smith.  

You (and plenty of other people on this forum) might disagree with me and I might be wrong about this.  But I don't equate Sam with Geno and Sanchez.  Btw, I will admit that I actually did have hope for Sanchez at one point and I was proven to be wrong on that.  But I think Sam has legit talent and this crappy franchise ruined him.

IMO, the Johnsons are the real culprits but we can't fire the owners.  The one thing we can say about Trevor Lawrence is that we'll probably be able to attract a real coach if we get him.  We probably could have with Sam but the (aptly named) Johnsons couldn't help but meddle in the process.  Hopefully 0-16 (or whatever our embarrassing record will end up being) will teach them a lesson that they should hire a real football guy (and I believe JD is one) and let that person make the decisions.

26 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

Sure. But if you acknowledge that he has failed at #2, how could anyone in their right mind trust him to develop any other QB we draft?

Good question.  I don't.  I am confident that Adam Gase will hire a great offensive coordinator to handle quarterback development and playcalling, just like half the head coaches in the NFL do.

26 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

Maybe Gase is a good head coach and he has just been in a bad situation his whole career (doubtful). But, I don't trust him to develop a QB. At the end of the day, in this league, that is all that matters. 

The Jets need a great head coach and a great offensive coordinator.  That's what wins Super Bowls.  Perhaps in trying to find a great OC we accidentally found a great HC.  That's what I'm seeing.  I think Adam Gase might be a very good head coach on a crappy team with a crappy quarterback.  Once relieved of OC responsibilities, he can focus on what he's good at-  all the other stuff, stuff that HC's do.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Good question.  I don't.  I am confident that Adam Gase will hire a great offensive coordinator to handle quarterback development and playcalling, just like half the head coaches in the NFL do.

The Jets need a great head coach and a great offensive coordinator.  That's what wins Super Bowls.  Perhaps in trying to find a great OC we accidentally found a great HC.  That's what I'm seeing.  I think Adam Gase might be a very good head coach on a crappy team with a crappy quarterback.  Once relieved of OC responsibilities, he can focus on what he's good at-  all the other stuff, stuff that HC's do.

SAR I

Gase brought in Dowell Loggains.  That's HIS pick for OC.

And the truth is that literally anyone could go winless as HC of the NYJ.  You believe he's keeping the team motivated and saying the right stuff or whatever but we've already seen Le'veon Bell publicly praise Gase followed by him pushing for his release.  That's probably more to do with Bell being a professional than with Gase keeping morale up.  I agree with you on one thing though - Gase is taking all the heat right now.  CJ and WJ probably love that because it keeps them from getting their deserved blame for royally screwing up an already screwed up franchise.

I wish I could remember the person on here who made the comment (that I've quoted in the past) that being owners of the Jets are literally the only thing the Johnson brothers could do.  Because even though they're complete and utter failures, they're in a business that basically can't lose money.

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Gase failed miserably at everything he was brought here to do.  His primary job was to develop Sam (because developing Sam would, in theory, lead us into contention). 

Bill Belichick looks as bad as Adam Gase right now.

Tell me, why are the 12-4 Patriots 2-4 right now?  Why in their last 3 games have the Patriots scored 10, 12, and 6 points respectively?  Tell me, why isn't Bill Belichick "developing" ex-NFL MVP Cam Newton?  Why isn't that Hall Of Fame head coaching pixie dust translating into the Patriots playing competent football instead of the embarrassment they have become?

I'll hang up now and let you answer.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1