FIRE ADAM GASE ***OFFICAL THREAD ***

joewilly12

14 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

The one thing I will say ... Gase has never given Darnold a glowing review... it's always... I couldn't believe he made that throw the way his body was contorted ... or something along those lines ... which to me says it is possible he knew what I suspected 3 years ago .. Sam Darnolds deficiencies won't magically disappear... he is who he was ... a technically unsound raw talent QB that's makes poor decisions. This should not be compared with Favre .. because his talent level is not in the same universe.

There is no doubt in my mind that Douglas, Gase, Loggains, and the rest of the offensive staff looked at the film from last year, looked at his work in camp this year, and had their concerns.  When he sh-t the bed in Buffalo they knew that he was done, they declared him a bust, and they moved on. 

Darnold is not a franchise quarterback.  It happens.  I loved the kid, I wanted him to be the answer.  Nope.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Hello! You lose to get the top overall pick. You don't just win a game and end up with an Ohio State quarterback.

No kidding but when the season is over and the NY Jets finish 0-16 you fire him. 

No way in hell you allow him to be anywhere near Trevor Lawrence. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Fk no. Don't fire him yet. He stinks so bad he'll naturally finish 0-16 and award us Trevor Lawrence. 

Then and only then do you fire him (immediately following our/HIS 0-16 season). 

Gase is the Football Man of Florham Park. He’s not going anywhere.  

Gase is keeping his team playing hard and staying competitive while rebuilding the fastest way possible.  Hard to do. Great job.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

• 2 weeks later...

I keep waiting every Monday to see if Gase has been fired and crickets from the ownership. I guess Chris Johnson who was directly responsible for supporting Gase (which meant firing his previous GM) doesn't want to admit he was wrong. As for Woody I haven't seen any updates on what will be his status in terms of the Jets. Not sure he is still in the UK I did read somewhere he could return in Nov but officially he is still US Ambassador to the UK. 

On 12/2/2020 at 2:23 PM, Rangers9 said:

I keep waiting every Monday to see if Gase has been fired and crickets from the ownership. I guess Chris Johnson who was directly responsible for supporting Gase (which meant firing his previous GM) doesn't want to admit he was wrong. As for Woody I haven't seen any updates on what will be his status in terms of the Jets. Not sure he is still in the UK I did read somewhere he could return in Nov but officially he is still US Ambassador to the UK. 

I wish Gase owed money to and had to shower with Ikemefuna Enemkpali.

Didn't read this entire thread, hope this wasn't already referenced.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

This is just a reminder to those who want Gase out tonight - look at what the Lions just did. And the Texans before them? And the Falcons before them?

We can all wait four more weeks. 

(#1)

Yes of course as I posted many many times let him finish the 0-16 season and have that on his resume. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

This is just a reminder to those who want Gase out tonight - look at what the Lions just did. And the Texans before them? And the Falcons before them?

(#1)

Gase didn't lose today's game and Gase isn't going anywhere.

This team is a few Gregg Williams brain farts and a Sam Darnold bust away from the very 5-11 season all the experts predicted before the injuries, before Adams was traded, before Bell was released, before Mosley opted-out, and before Darnold busted.  This team is better than their 0-12 record.  You should be excited about 2021.  Today goes a long way to secure our future.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

(#1)

This is true but the problem is that the coach is doing damage to other parts of the team as we leave this schmuck in charge.

If Frank Gore does not get hurt then Ty Johnson and Josh Adams probably get the boot the end of the year for not showing anything.   We have no clue at all about Morgan or white due to the flacco love.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is true but the problem is that the coach is doing damage to other parts of the team as we leave this schmuck in charge.

If Frank Gore does not get hurt then Ty Johnson and Josh Adams probably get the boot the end of the year for not showing anything.   We have no clue at all about Morgan or white due to the flacco love.

I agree to an extent, but it’s still worth it.