FIRE ADAM GASE ***OFFICAL THREAD ***

joewilly12

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

At this point, they are either firing him or not..  Outcome of tomorrow's game shoudl have nothing to do with timing.  If they can begin interviewing candidates this week, then fire him MOnday, win or lose.

Strange that they would do this with 1 game to go in the season but whatever gets him the hell out the door!

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Strange that they would do this with 1 game to go in the season but whatever gets him the hell out the door!

I thought I saw something this week where the league is allowing teams to begin virutal interview process this week.  So fire him Monday, you can begin to talk to candidates now.  I don't get why outcome of Browns game should make a difference.

Edit:  just found this from Pelissero

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

At this point, they are either firing him or not..  Outcome of tomorrow's game shoudl have nothing to do with timing.  If they can begin interviewing candidates this week, then fire him MOnday, win or lose.

We’ll see whether the team plays for him or not. There’s a lot of young players fighting for playing time so they’ll probably play hard. 

I will be so glad to hear that he’s gone come Monday. Don’t even know who would replace him.... Hope it isn’t Logains

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

We’ll see whether the team plays for him or not. There’s a lot of young players fighting for playing time so they’ll probably play hard. 

I will be so glad to hear that he’s gone come Monday. Don’t even know who would replace him.... Hope it isn’t Logains

I think the team will play hard.  They would not have won last week if they didn't play hard.  At this point 8-22 and 1-13 are reasons enough to fire him, regardless of player effort.  What happens tomorrow or next week should not change the team's decision.

• Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think the team will play hard.  They would not have won last week if they didn't play hard.  At this point 8-22 and 1-13 are reasons enough to fire him, regardless of player effort.  What happens tomorrow or next week should not change the team's decision.

So who do you see being the replacement? Vitt?

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

So who do you see being the replacement? Vitt?

Honestly, for one game, I don't really care.  If he had not just inherited the interim DC role, I would have thought Frank Bush.  Now, who knows  Either Vitt or Shawn Jefferson who has an assistant head coach title.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BettyBoop said:

If the Jets were seriously considering firing Gaze if they lost today in order to get a jump on hiring the next coach I don’t see how winning this crappy game changes anything. 

Me neither the Browns were decimated at WR and literally handed us the game and we almost lost. 

18 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Get this guy Gase the hell outta here already!!!! The sooner the better. Don’t need any justification, just Can him. Pick a random jetnation poster fill in as HC, pretty please with a cherry on top, fire him!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think you can easily justify Frank Bush as the one game interim coach.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

If the Jets were seriously considering firing Gaze if they lost today in order to get a jump on hiring the next coach I don’t see how winning this crappy game changes anything. 

I agree with you. One game should not change anything. Of course, we don't know how accurate that report was.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Me neither the Browns were decimated at WR and literally handed us the game and we almost lost. 

6 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I agree with you. One game should not change anything. Of course, we don't know how accurate that report was.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's after midnight and there's still no news about Gase being fired.  :(

Guys... 

If they didnt fire Gase at 0-13, they arent firing him at 2-13 after a 2 game win streak. The team is already a laughing stock, but national media would have a field day if we fired Gase after finally winning games. 

Its an after the season move, no matter what happens, it was always going to be that way.