FIRE ADAM GASE ***OFFICAL THREAD ***

joewilly12

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Ok, so, you know I’ve been with you on Gase for awhile, but there’s precedent for what McDougald and Williamson said about the practices. When Darnold went out with mono and Gase felt like they couldn’t win with Falk, they didn’t prepare or play like they expected to compete, and that’s a mortal sin for a coach. It feels like that’s where they are now because of the injuries, but now there’s no light at the end of the tunnel because at least, last year, it was Darnold coming back and not Vyncint Smith and Jabari Zuniga. Gase is a staunch pragmatist who isn’t good at pretending the team is better than it is, and everyone on the payroll is letting go of the rope. IMO, he gets two games to start pretending.

I like the fact that Gase doesn't play pretend.  There was no way for Gase to sell Falk to the team, they'd all seen him practice, they knew how injured the WR's were.  If the whole NFL universe knows that you can't win with Gore, Hogan, Berrios, and Malone, why would Gase even try to get the troops all riled up?  They aren't stupid.  They can read.  They know we have no shot.

Fiery head coaches can't be effective if the team doesn't believe a word of it.  Gase has always been honest with his players, almost to a fault.  And in a similar situation last year, at 1-7, whatever he did or said worked.  If you have the perception that he didn't get them to compete with Falk, well, you also have to have the perception that he was able to get them to both compete and win with Darnold returning.  This year, Darnold's healthy.  We need Crowder, Bell, Perriman, and Mims to get back.  And they will.  Soon.

The plan was to go 2-2 perfectly healthy.  If we go 2-2 or 1-3 perfectly injured, that's great, especially for a team that was expected to go 5-11.  I mean, really, what are people crying about?  Why would anyone think a 5-11 team would look good against two playoff teams with 10 guys on IR, 4 of which are starting receiving options?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

This is what happens when one sits in their garage and inhales BMW exhaust fumes for 60 minutes while obsessively cleaning the leather interior with the engine on and windows closed.  

If in August you had the Jets at 5-11, you had us opening 0-2 perfectly healthy.  So sitting here at 0-2 perfectly injured is, what, some horrific shock?  I'm the one with the wrong expectations?  LOL.  It's you and the other Eeyore's in the garage, not moi.

SAR I

3 hours ago, shuler82 said:

2020 AFC East champs!

They still may be.  All it will take is the Bills getting hit with our bad luck on injuries and the likes of Crowder, Mims, Perriman, Bell, and Perine getting back up to full speed.

This division can be taken at 9-7.  It's Week 2.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I like the fact that Gase doesn't play pretend.  There was no way for Gase to sell Falk to the team, they'd all seen him practice, they knew how injured the WR's were.  If the whole NFL universe knows that you can't win with Gore, Hogan, Berrios, and Malone, why would Gase even try to get the troops all riled up?  They aren't stupid.  They can read.  They know we have no shot.

Fiery head coaches can't be effective if the team doesn't believe a word of it.  Gase has always been honest with his players, almost to a fault.  And in a similar situation last year, at 1-7, whatever he did or said worked.  If you have the perception that he didn't get them to compete with Falk, well, you also have to have the perception that he was able to get them to both compete and win with Darnold returning.  This year, Darnold's healthy.  We need Crowder, Bell, Perriman, and Mims to get back.  And they will.  Soon.

The plan was to go 2-2 perfectly healthy.  If we go 2-2 or 1-3 perfectly injured, that's great, especially for a team that was expected to go 5-11.  I mean, really, what are people crying about?  Why would anyone think a 5-11 team would look good against two playoff teams with 10 guys on IR, 4 of which are starting receiving options?

SAR I

quality doublespeak.

Gase sucks, should be out of here asap.

Darnold is not who we hoped he was. Double secret probation.

Douglas still a rookie. Shows promise but let's see what happens next.

Becton - holy sh*t Batman!!!

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Adam Gase said he wanted a 2 year contract extension (at the same salary tacked onto the end of his current contract) or he was going to resign at the end of the season, if you had the power, would you give it to him?

Most experts and fans had the Jets at 5-11 or 6-10 this season.  Logically, that would include losing to the likes of two playoff teams in the first two weeks with no preseason.

The clock on Adam Gase doesn't start ticking until a) we play competition more in line with our talent level and b) our injured offensive weapons return from injury.  If Mims, Crowder, Perriman, and Bell are all healthy and we are losing to teams like the Dolphins or are uncompetitive against teams like the Browns, then I'll sour on Gase.  Until then, so long as he goes 5-11 or 6-10, he has met expectations.

SAR I

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Most experts and fans had the Jets at 5-11 or 6-10 this season.  Logically, that would include losing to the likes of two playoff teams in the first two weeks with no preseason.

The clock on Adam Gase doesn't start ticking until a) we play competition more in line with our talent level and b) our injured offensive weapons return from injury.  If Mims, Crowder, Perriman, and Bell are all healthy and we are losing to teams like the Dolphins or are uncompetitive against teams like the Browns, then I'll sour on Gase.  Until then, so long as he goes 5-11 or 6-10, he has met expectations.

SAR I

Vegas had us at 6.5.  If we win 5 or 6 then we'll have underachieved.

Btw, a HC's job is not just to beat teams on our level.  We have to at least occasionally beat a good team (or at the very least play them surprisingly competitively).  Last year the only surprise was the 1st half against Baltimore.  Then we ended up losing by 3 TDs.

And Gase has lost by double-digits in 50% of the games he's coached here.  He even lost by 16 to the 0-11 Bengals last year.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Btw, a HC's job is not just to beat teams on our level.  We have to at least occasionally beat a good team (or at the very least play them surprisingly competitively).  Last year the only surprise was the 1st half against Baltimore.  Then we ended up losing by 3 TDs.

And Gase has lost by double-digits in 50% of the games he's coached here.  He even lost by 16 to the 0-11 Bengals last year.

I agree completely that a HC is not only expected to beat the scrubs but also beat or compete against the elites.  Absolutely.

Adam Gase hasn't even been given that opportunity.  The Jets have one of the weakest rosters in the league and surely the Jets are the most injured team in the league.  Telling me that "Gase didn't look good against the Bengals last year" is meaningless.

Take a step back, think of this from Adam Gase's perspective.  The job he stepped into was challenging enough, all these years of losing, of bad drafting, of bad signings.  But this?  The injuries and the ludicrous media and the fans acting so entitled?  It's a mad house, a mad house.

SAR I

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I agree completely that a HC is not only expected to beat the scrubs but also beat or compete against the elites.  Absolutely.

Adam Gase hasn't even been given that opportunity.  The Jets have one of the weakest rosters in the league and surely the Jets are the most injured team in the league.  Telling me that "Gase didn't look good against the Bengals last year" is meaningless.

Take a step back, think of this from Adam Gase's perspective.  The job he stepped into was challenging enough, all these years of losing, of bad drafting, of bad signings.  But this?  The injuries and the ludicrous media and the fans acting so entitled?  It's a mad house, a mad house.

SAR I

I can't quite fully tell when you're trolling vs being serious.  This seems like a more serious post.  Though I still think it's crazy to say the Bengals game last year was meaningless.  Were they the KC Chiefs or something?  Plus we had Darnold for that game (the same one we had for the other 7 games of the 6-2 run).

I don't think the fans and media were acting entitled btw.  We were a train wreck those first 8 games.  Jacksonville and Miami even beat us handily.  And putting the media aside, how in the world can Jet fans be called "entitled"?! 

Regardless, I admire when people go against the grain (the way you're doing with Gase).  Let's see what happens.

I have another thought on Gase. He coaches scared and not to loose big. That is why he sucks. He believes that Jets can't win, so he prepares them to not loose big. When there are no expectations for the team, and he has nothing to loose, and other teams overlook the Jets, he lets them play - why not?

He is trying to protect the players from getting crushed, and in so, isn't being aggressive. He let's them march up field when the defense is playing soft to get a few worthless points so the score doesn't look horrible.

Consider that ESPN had the Jets giving up 59 points to SF. The game is a win. When we are 1-5 he might decide he has nothing to loose.

At least I hope that is the problem, because how poorly the team has been prepared and have played, the alternative is that he is the crap that we thought he was. Get this buffoon out of town.

Do we have a poor team with little talent, yes. Do we have a lot of injuries, yes. Is it harder for a team with a lot of rookies to play without the preseason games, yes. But, to barely show up with no real game plan and no offense whatsoever, well that is inexcusable. I never like in season coach firings, but I wouldn't mind this one. Give us another 6 crappy games and he is gone. JD isn't going to want to have this season hanging over his head. Yes, he has only had one year and we have hit some potholes, but at some point you don't want to be a joke anymore. Let's get a coach that can at least teach these rookies how to play and compete, so next year isn't a complete loss as well.

• Upvote 1

I believe in Douglas.  He's only had one draft and I expect it to be a good one.  But to say that he built this roster is ludicrous..  It's a process.

I completely agree with this. Based on nothing more than gut instincts, I have a very good feeling about JD and his Jet GM career. He seems like an adult football guy, which is something that cannot be said about his predecessors.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can't quite fully tell when you're trolling vs being serious.  This seems like a more serious post.  Though I still think it's crazy to say the Bengals game last year was meaningless.  Were they the KC Chiefs or something?  Plus we had Darnold for that game (the same one we had for the other 7 games of the 6-2 run).

I am always serious.  My point is that the Bengals game was meaningless as a benchmark of a Gase gameplan because Darnold had just come back, the OL was a shambles, we had no weapons, I believe Jamal missed that game, etc.

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think the fans and media were acting entitled btw.  We were a train wreck those first 8 games.  And putting the media aside, how in the world can Jet fans be called "entitled"?! 

Exactly!  How on Earth can Jets fans act like we are ENTITLED to 10 wins or 8 wins or even 7 wins this season?  How can Jets fans act ENTITLED right now, like Gase should be some great head coach when the team around him sucks due to years of neglect and deep injuries?  It makes no sense.  Jets fans are to expect a rebuilding season, just like they all knew back in July, except we've got opt-outs and injuries to contend with.  So they should SHUT UP about firing people already.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Shea Jet said:

It's also laughable that there's people on this board  who dont think Gase is the Worst HC Jets have ever had.

You are a Bills troll and should be banned, again, just as you've been in the past.  I'll bring this to a moderators attention, you know, just to help you out.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Shea Jet said:

It's also laughable that there's people on this board  who dont think Gase is the Worst HC Jets have ever had.

4 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Not very laughable. Holtz, Winner, and Kotite were definitely worse.  

Worst part about this is that there are so many different guys you can build a strong case for.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Beningo and Roberts nailed it yesterday when they said that Gase gives up on his team when things are going bad.

Beningo and Roberts are part of the "we are going to ignore the injuries" brigade.  "Everyone has injuries bro, I don't want to hear it"

Well, too bad, you're going to here it.  We have 4 of our 5 starting receivers out and its impossible to showcase a sexy offense in that condition.  Try driving a three-wheeled car, then complain that its stuck on your driveway.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Beningo and Roberts are part of the "we are going to ignore the injuries" brigade.  "Everyone has injuries bro, I don't want to hear it"

Well, too bad, you're going to here it.  We have 4 of our 5 starting receivers out and its impossible to showcase a sexy offense in that condition.  Try driving a three-wheeled car, then complain that its stuck on your driveway.

SAR I

Unless you're a team going up against us?  SF lost Kittle, Deebo, and Jimmy G amongst others yet it didn't hinder them.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are a Bills troll and should be banned, again, just as you've been in the past.  I'll bring this to a moderators attention, you know, just to help you out.

SAR I

You keep on supporting the destruction of the Jets Franchise with your blindness, Champ. You're a credit to "pink-hatters" everywhere. 

Loser

• Upvote 1

I have a statement and a prediction:

• I don’t believe it is meaningful to give Gase an excuse for injuries, because statistically it would appear he is the cause of injuries, or at least players not playing through them.   His teams have always been very injured.
  • It is fair to point out that the Jets two opponents are among the best in the league, and the Jets were not going to win anyway.  Let’s stay open-minded and see how things go.  But i predict that, by Election Day, we are all going to agree that this team and Gase are terrible and something will need to be done ASAP to fix it.  

From what I have seen over the last 2 years, and I would rather boot Gase and try and salvage Darnold than the other way around. 

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Enough SAR I.

You need to stop defending this guy.

Last year it was the O-LINE. This year it's the WRs.

When does he ever "coach up" this team of his?

Never. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2020 at 7:19 PM, joewilly12 said:

Not sign most of the players I mentioned, bad enough Gore and now Ballage. Bilal Powell is better than both of them. 

The secondary fix was signing a 30 yr old CB Dessir. 

Gore played well, was signed to be the #2.

Hes not a problem.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Gore played well, was signed to be the #2.

Hes not a problem.

I never said he was the problem, I said he's part of many problems here. 

We are rebuilding?

So signing 38 year old RB's are part of rebuilding. 

JD needs to be held accountable for this also. 

FIRE ADAM GASE 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Unless you're a team going up against us?  SF lost Kittle, Deebo, and Jimmy G amongst others yet it didn't hinder them.

It helps when you can run your first play from scrimmage 80 yds w/o being touched. Also let the Jets O go against their D and we might say hey these nobodies are making catches and Sam looks good. Right now both sides of the ball stink for the Jets. 

The most damning thing is his failure to develop Darnold.  Maybe its on Darnold, maybe on the coaching.  Either way, the coaching has to go.  Under Gase, Darnold has regressed.  This is not an opinion, it is a fact.

Jets fans should despise Gase most for his ruination of any potential that Darnold ever had.

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Enough SAR I.

You need to stop defending this guy.

Last year it was the O-LINE. This year it's the WRs.

When does he ever "coach up" this team of his?

Never. 

Berrios and Malone are your starting WR's this Sunday.  It's a wee bit hard to "coach up" guys who should be bagging groceries.

The guy you actually want fired was fired a year ago.  And, FYI, you accused Gase of "backstabbing" him.

SAR I