Jump to content
joewilly12

FIRE ADAM GASE ***OFFICAL THREAD ***

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, freestater said:

 

 

This lady is bogus.  She reported Gase was fired 7 days ago.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

This lady is bogus.  She reported Gase was fired 7 days ago.

 

 

oh sh*t thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Killed Maccagnan, hired Douglas, sucked, but set the franchise on a decent path. The Gase legacy. We would have been ******* doomed with a McCarthy-Maccagnan leadership. Darnold gets 12-13 games to revive his career under Greggggg or he’s toast. 

You still think Idzik was the right guy? I just love your hot takes.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, docdhc said:

She works for the Jets. Doubt she’d be breaking this kind of news

Fake account they are saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RobR said:

You still think Idzik was the right guy? I just love your hot takes.

If Idzik was allowed to fire Rex a year earlier when everyone knew he was toast, the Jets would be better off in 2016. If Gase was able to get Maccagnan fired in January 2019, the Jets are better off today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Idzik was allowed to fire Rex a year earlier when everyone knew he was toast, the Jets would be better off in 2016. If Gase was able to get Maccagnan fired in January 2019, the Jets are better off today. 

I'm more than happy that Gase got Mac fired , but other than that? You loved him as a coach just as much as you loved Idzik as a GM and I will hammer that home every chance I get. 

No homo.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Pretty sure we lost by double-digits only 10 times in his 19 games as HC of the NYJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RobR said:

I'm more than happy that Gase got Mac fired , but other than that? You loved him as a coach just as much as you loved Idzik as a GM and I will hammer that home every chance I get. 

No homo.

WELL ROB, I’ll take the beatdowns, BUT, I will say that both Gase and Idzik saw the forest for the trees and got the Johnson Bros to fire two of the most inept pieces of sh*t to ever take a check from the Jets, AAAAAAAND ROB, It’s explicitly because of Maccagnan that we got Gase and it’s because of Rex that we got Idzik. Both men were martyred for the cause

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

Anyone still think Mike McCarthy would have been worse?

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

Anyone still think Mike McCarthy would have been worse?

Absolutely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

WELL ROB, I’ll take the beatdowns, BUT, I will say that both Gase and Idzik saw the forest for the trees and got the Johnson Bros to fire two of the most inept pieces of sh*t to ever take a check from the Jets, AAAAAAAND ROB, It’s explicitly because of Maccagnan that we got Gase and it’s because of Rex that we got Idzik. Both men were martyred for the cause

You're leaving out the point that BOTH Idzik and Gase have completely and utterly failed at their respective jobs and were just as inept, they weren't martyrs. It's possible and more than likely probable that they all suck at what they do.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

Anyone still think Mike McCarthy would have been worse?

Nope

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RobR said:

You're leaving out the point that BOTH Idzik and Gase have completely and utterly failed at their respective jobs and were just as inept, they weren't martyrs. It's possible and more than likely probable that they all suck at what they do.

In an ideal world, neither guy ever gets short-listed by an NFL franchise for the jobs they got with the Jets, but no GM wanted to inherit Rex and only McCarthy wanted to work for Maccagnan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase isn't the only problem, and anyone who thinks that firing him now will catapult us into the playoffs is crazy. BUT at this point, you gotta fire him. I am with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In an ideal world, neither guy ever gets short-listed by an NFL franchise for the jobs they got with the Jets, but no GM wanted to inherit Rex and only McCarthy wanted to work for Maccagnan. 

I'm calling BS on both of those takes. If you pay someone enough money they will absolutely take those positions. No GM wanted to inherit Rex is BS, although it does limit your choices....that I will agree. 

McCarthy wasn't the only guy willing to work for Mac and it was reported as such. Rhule was willing to come here if only he could have filled out his own staff......that's on the Johnsons yet again, but he was willing because these opportunities don't come around every day, if ever.

Chris and Woody need to let JD do his job and stay out of site for a few years. Problem is, they will not.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RobR said:

I'm calling BS on both of those takes. If you pay someone enough money they will absolutely take those positions. No GM wanted to inherit Rex is BS, although it does limit your choices....that I will agree. 

McCarthy wasn't the only guy willing to work for Mac and it was reported as such. Rhule was willing to come here if only he could have filled out his own staff......that's on the Johnsons yet again, but he was willing because these opportunities don't come around every day, if ever.

Chris and Woody need to let JD do his job and stay out of site for a few years. Problem is, they will not.

Several GMs wouldn’t even interview here to work with Rex and why should the Johnsons pay anyone *extra* to have to work with him? As for Rhule, it was Maccagnan who wanted to hire Greggg to work as his DC so, again, Maccagnan’s options were limited to McCarthy and Gase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, now we are onto something. Once the media gets rolling, it’s only a matter of time before the Johnson’s cave. If Denver embarrasses us in four days (they will), Gase is out

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Jets fire Adam Gase, who will be the next head coach? 5 possible candidates if Christopher Johnson pulls the plug

Updated 6:57 PM; Today 6:54 PM 
Christopher Johnson

The New York Jets fell to 0-3 following a loss to the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday, increasing the pressure on head coach Adam Gase, who is already on the hot seat. Jets CEO and acting owner Christopher Johnson might be forced to make a coaching change.AP

 

The Jets are a mess, and for the second straight season under head coach Adam Gase, the team’s playoff chances are all but dead following an 0-3 start.

Sunday’s abysmal 36-7 loss to the Indianapolis Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis only amplifies the pressure on Gase, who could already be on the hot seat with the Jets staring at another lost season where they’ve struggled to be competitive, let alone victorious, in any game. They’re lost the first three games of 2020 by a combined 57 points.

 

While CEO and acting owner Christopher Johnson has voiced his support for the head coach, at a certain point, he might be left with no choice but to fire Gase, who was hired in 2019.

If Johnson does make a coaching change, either in-season or after Week 17, here are some potential candidates to replace Gase as the Jets' next full-time coach.

Eric Bieniemy

Current role: Offensive coordinator, Kansas City Chiefs

Age: 51

NFL head-coaching experience: None

Bieniemy will eventually get his chance as an NFL head coach. Based on what he’s done under Andy Reid with the Chiefs, he might be the perfect candidate for the Jets. While Reid calls plays for Kansas City, it’s impossible to deny Bieniemy’s role in developing Patrick Mahomes into one of the game’s best quarterbacks. Considering the Jets still have hopes to make Darnold into their long-term solution, hiring Bieniemy makes too much sense.

Brian Daboll

Current role: Offensive coordinator, Buffalo Bills

Age: 45

NFL head-coaching experience: None

Jets fans should be familiar with Daboll, since he spent two seasons as the team’s quarterbacks coach from 2007-2008, and he’s spent the majority of his NFL coaching career within the AFC East. And speaking of developing quarterbacks, Daboll has transformed Josh Allen, a 2018 first-round pick after Darnold, into a budding star in Buffalo. If the Jets want to help Darnold — or someone else — take the next step, Daboll has shown he can make it happen.

Greg Roman

Current role: Offensive coordinator, Baltimore Ravens

Age: 48

NFL head-coaching experience: None

After a good run as OC of the San Fransisco 49ers with Colin Kaepernick, Roman is now working with one of the NFL’s top offenses with the Ravens and quarterback Lamar Jackson. With the Jets desperate to revitalize their offense, Roman could be an intriguing target.

 

Jason Garrett

Current role: Offensive coordinator, Giants

Age: 54

NFL head-coaching experience: 9 seasons (Cowboys 2011-2019)

If the Jets are looking for a candidate with head-coaching experience, they will likely want to see how other teams shuffle their staffs at the start of the offseason. But one possible name might already work in MetLife Stadium. Garrett, the long-time Dallas Cowboys coach, was fired after 2019 but landed a new role quickly with the Giants. Garrett never had any meaningful postseason success in Dallas, but he went 85-67 in the regular season.

Jim Caldwell

Current role: Unemployed

Age: 65

NFL head-coaching experience: 7 seasons (Colts 2009-2011; Lions 2014-17)

 

Caldwell was a consultant with the Miami Dolphins in 2019 after stepping down as the team’s offensive coordinator due to health concerns. But he’s reportedly ready to return to coaching. He won a Super Bowl with the Colts, though he had a forgettable tenure with the Lions. If the Jets are simply looking for stability and a known name, Caldwell would be a good choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Several GMs wouldn’t even interview here to work with Rex and why should the Johnsons pay anyone *extra* to have to work with him? As for Rhule, it was Maccagnan who wanted to hire Greggg to work as his DC so, again, Maccagnan’s options were limited to McCarthy and Gase.

So in essence you are saying that the Johnsons suck at ownership and running a team? We're just saying it in different ways.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

Anyone still think Mike McCarthy would have been worse?

Mike McCarthy would not have stabbed Maccagnan in the back.  So yes, he would have been worse.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If the Jets fire Adam Gase, who will be the next head coach? 5 possible candidates if Christopher Johnson pulls the plug

Updated 6:57 PM; Today 6:54 PM 
Christopher Johnson

The New York Jets fell to 0-3 following a loss to the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday, increasing the pressure on head coach Adam Gase, who is already on the hot seat. Jets CEO and acting owner Christopher Johnson might be forced to make a coaching change.AP

 

The Jets are a mess, and for the second straight season under head coach Adam Gase, the team’s playoff chances are all but dead following an 0-3 start.

Sunday’s abysmal 36-7 loss to the Indianapolis Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis only amplifies the pressure on Gase, who could already be on the hot seat with the Jets staring at another lost season where they’ve struggled to be competitive, let alone victorious, in any game. They’re lost the first three games of 2020 by a combined 57 points.

 

While CEO and acting owner Christopher Johnson has voiced his support for the head coach, at a certain point, he might be left with no choice but to fire Gase, who was hired in 2019.

If Johnson does make a coaching change, either in-season or after Week 17, here are some potential candidates to replace Gase as the Jets' next full-time coach.

Eric Bieniemy

Current role: Offensive coordinator, Kansas City Chiefs

Age: 51

NFL head-coaching experience: None

Bieniemy will eventually get his chance as an NFL head coach. Based on what he’s done under Andy Reid with the Chiefs, he might be the perfect candidate for the Jets. While Reid calls plays for Kansas City, it’s impossible to deny Bieniemy’s role in developing Patrick Mahomes into one of the game’s best quarterbacks. Considering the Jets still have hopes to make Darnold into their long-term solution, hiring Bieniemy makes too much sense.

Brian Daboll

Current role: Offensive coordinator, Buffalo Bills

Age: 45

NFL head-coaching experience: None

Jets fans should be familiar with Daboll, since he spent two seasons as the team’s quarterbacks coach from 2007-2008, and he’s spent the majority of his NFL coaching career within the AFC East. And speaking of developing quarterbacks, Daboll has transformed Josh Allen, a 2018 first-round pick after Darnold, into a budding star in Buffalo. If the Jets want to help Darnold — or someone else — take the next step, Daboll has shown he can make it happen.

Greg Roman

Current role: Offensive coordinator, Baltimore Ravens

Age: 48

NFL head-coaching experience: None

After a good run as OC of the San Fransisco 49ers with Colin Kaepernick, Roman is now working with one of the NFL’s top offenses with the Ravens and quarterback Lamar Jackson. With the Jets desperate to revitalize their offense, Roman could be an intriguing target.

 

Jason Garrett

Current role: Offensive coordinator, Giants

Age: 54

NFL head-coaching experience: 9 seasons (Cowboys 2011-2019)

If the Jets are looking for a candidate with head-coaching experience, they will likely want to see how other teams shuffle their staffs at the start of the offseason. But one possible name might already work in MetLife Stadium. Garrett, the long-time Dallas Cowboys coach, was fired after 2019 but landed a new role quickly with the Giants. Garrett never had any meaningful postseason success in Dallas, but he went 85-67 in the regular season.

Jim Caldwell

Current role: Unemployed

Age: 65

NFL head-coaching experience: 7 seasons (Colts 2009-2011; Lions 2014-17)

 

Caldwell was a consultant with the Miami Dolphins in 2019 after stepping down as the team’s offensive coordinator due to health concerns. But he’s reportedly ready to return to coaching. He won a Super Bowl with the Colts, though he had a forgettable tenure with the Lions. If the Jets are simply looking for stability and a known name, Caldwell would be a good choice.

Do you ever read these articles before you post them? Caldwell and Garrett.....gtfo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RobR said:

So in essence you are saying that the Johnsons suck at ownership and running a team? We're just saying it in different ways.

100% It impacts who they get to hire and how those people get to operate. I gave Gase extra credit for identifying the leadership void and carving out a lot of the trash inside the building. He sucked as a coach, but was invaluable as an agent of change

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

Anyone still think Mike McCarthy would have been worse?

Packers are 15-3 since Mccarthy left.

Cowboys are 1-2 with Mccarthy despite having elite talent all over their roster.

So while McCarthy couldn't  be worse than Gase, that doesn't make McCarthy a good coach. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RobR said:

it’s impossible to deny Bieniemy’s role in developing Patrick Mahomes into one of the game’s best quarterbacks.

Except that Reid has developed QBs everywhere he’s been, so Bieniemy’s contribution to Mahomes’ development is impossible to discern

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RobR said:

Do you ever read these articles before you post them? Caldwell and Garrett.....gtfo.

Just because I post them doesn't mean I agree with them dude. 

Show me where I supported any of the names mentioned. 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

100% It impacts who they get to hire and how those people get to operate. I gave Gase extra credit for identifying the leadership void and carving out a lot of the trash inside the building. He sucked as a coach, but was invaluable as an agent of change

By carving out you mean just getting his buddies on the dole instead? You seem to think Gase came here to win and build a team...I just dont see it. He scammed his way here and doesnt GAF imo.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Except that Reid has developed QBs everywhere he’s been, so Bieniemy’s contribution to Mahomes’ development is impossible to discern

I look at his tenure as OC at his alma mater (where he was a legend), how much his players hated him, how badly he’s bombed every interview he has had so far in the NFL, and I cringe.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...