Gase and Darnold playing scared

yvj

Just now, yvj said:

That's what kills me about this team. I understand the roster blows, but there is no aggression or passion on the team.  I don't hate Sam but playing scared infuriates me it's very similar to the worst of the Sanchez era all over again.

Define playing scared.  You can't throw deep if the routes aren't deep or there is no seperation.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Not playing to win... But trying to play not to lose .. Playing with a limited set of plays. Not throwing balls deeper than 5 yards .. etc etc etc

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

The route packages weren't longer than five yards.  He threw a few passes that should have been 15+ and they were dropped.  Others were completed, including a TD.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The route packages weren't longer than five yards.  He threw a few passes that should have been 15+ and they were dropped.  Others were completed, including a TD.

He threw a great pass to Herndon in the end zone after he scrambled to get free. Of course Herndon dropped it

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I never said gase was good. It's just possible both Sam and Gase stink. Neither was selected by jd

By the way quinnen had a great game how come no one gives the dude credit?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Quinnen was phenomenal. I'll agree with you on that.

They play like a team coached by someone who has never played the game ..... ever. It is near impossible to lead men into a contest of physical skills when you’ve never been tested yourself.  He has zero credibility with the players because he’s had no success as a HC before, doesn’t speak a player’s language and has nothing to hang his hat on to convince his players that he knows what he’s doing other than Peyton Manning sure as hell likes him.

Gase has lost this team. If i hear one more player parrot Gase’s company line of I need to watch the film, my head will explode. (I think they are doing it to mock him.) The Game is played ON THE FIELD not on the video! If you can’t see it on the field, you’ll never see it when it matters. When a D player misses his assignment, everyone on the D knows it right there on the field. Same thing on O. Everyone knows who missed their block, ran the wrong route, etc... right there on the field when it happened. Since Gase has never been on the field, he doesn’t seem to know this.

Gase is a garbage HC. He does nothing well. Nothing.Fire Gase.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Thought Darnold played well today. Defense couldn’t stop sh*t, his WRs can’t stretch the field or even catch the ball, Ryan Griffin last year looked better than anything we’ve seen from Herndon. It’s a blood bath I don’t think we’re ever gonna really know what he actually is 

• Upvote 1