Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
yvj

Gase and Darnold playing scared

Recommended Posts

That's what kills me about this team. I understand the roster blows, but there is no aggression or passion on the team.  I don't hate Sam but playing scared infuriates me it's very similar to the worst of the Sanchez era all over again.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yvj said:

That's what kills me about this team. I understand the roster blows, but there is no aggression or passion on the team.  I don't hate Sam but playing scared infuriates me it's very similar to the worst of the Sanchez era all over again.

Define playing scared.  You can't throw deep if the routes aren't deep or there is no seperation.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not playing to win... But trying to play not to lose .. Playing with a limited set of plays. Not throwing balls deeper than 5 yards .. etc etc etc

Define playing scared.  You can't throw deep if the routes aren't deep or there is no seperation.


Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Not playing to win... But trying to play not to lose .. Playing with a limited set of plays. Not throwing balls deeper than 5 yards .. etc etc etc

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

The route packages weren't longer than five yards.  He threw a few passes that should have been 15+ and they were dropped.  Others were completed, including a TD.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GreekJet said:

His best throw was the long comeback route to Griffin that was OPI.

I'd say it was the dropped TD to Herndon, or the actual TD to Berrios, but that's me.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'd say it was the dropped TD to Herndon, or the actual TD to Berrios, but that's me.

Either way the game and game plan was reminiscent to the Luke Falk starts. 

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Either way the game and game plan was reminiscent to the Luke Falk starts. 

Not even remotely close in terms of QB performance.

Playcalling and coaching? Yeah.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just be happy its only 14 more weeks to go .  Till we move on from both

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Sam was any good he'd learn how to audible by year 3

It's not like Manning listened to Gase

6AD05E70-64B0-4B8E-9174-7CDA276072C8.thumb.jpeg.e75571367a58fd0126b79024202fec70.jpeg
Yes.  Sam is the reason why this offense looks scared.  Not because the "offensive genius" can't dial up something against an injured defense for 7 yards.


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bitonti said:

If Sam was any good he'd learn how to audible by year 3

It's not like Manning listened to Gase
 

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

😭😭😭😭😭

I thought your takes couldn't get any worse and yet you've still managed to out do yourself here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can you play bold with this supporting cast?  

Look at Mahomes today with no protection.  Look at Watson, and he has plenty of help

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Define playing scared.  You can't throw deep if the routes aren't deep or there is no seperation.

The OLis STILLnotgood enough to pass pro above avg on the regular....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

The OLis STILLnotgood enough to pass pro above avg on the regular....

Its going to get worse with no MCgovern.  Its Mekhi and  the scrubs ( Fant is ok)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The route packages weren't longer than five yards.  He threw a few passes that should have been 15+ and they were dropped.  Others were completed, including a TD.

He threw a great pass to Herndon in the end zone after he scrambled to get free. Of course Herndon dropped it

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If Sam was any good he'd learn how to audible by year 3

It's not like Manning listened to Gase
 

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

Dewayne Robertson

Vernon Gholston

And now Adam Gase

You sure know how to pick the hills you wanna die on.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Dewayne Robertson
Vernon Gholston
And now Adam Gase
You sure know how to pick the hills you wanna die on.


I never said gase was good. It's just possible both Sam and Gase stink. Neither was selected by jd

By the way quinnen had a great game how come no one gives the dude credit?



Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have the numbers from today yet but Sam got exactly 2.5 seconds week 1 on average. That was 16th in the league, middle of the pack.

The OLis STILLnotgood enough to pass pro above avg on the regular....


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bitonti said:


 

 


I never said gase was good. It's just possible both Sam and Gase stink. Neither was selected by jd

By the way quinnen had a great game how come no one gives the dude credit?



Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

Quinnen was phenomenal. I'll agree with you on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The route packages weren't longer than five yards.  He threw a few passes that should have been 15+ and they were dropped.  Others were completed, including a TD.

Darnold's grade F+... He was playing many second string guys

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't have the numbers from today yet but Sam got exactly 2.5 seconds week 1 on average. That was 16th in the league, middle of the pack.

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

I wish his WRs were middle of the pack, just for like a game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Darnold's grade F+... He was playing many second string guys

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

 

 

 

I mean, he is playing with guys who aren't even good enough to be considered backups, but whatever fits the narrative I guess.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I mean, he is playing with guys who aren't even good enough to be considered backups, but whatever fits the narrative I guess.

You shut your mouth about Becton.  He took care of Bosa for Sam.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You shut your mouth about Becton.  He took care of Bosa for Sam.  

Becton is exempt from detention, Lmao

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They play like a team coached by someone who has never played the game ..... ever. It is near impossible to lead men into a contest of physical skills when you’ve never been tested yourself.  He has zero credibility with the players because he’s had no success as a HC before, doesn’t speak a player’s language and has nothing to hang his hat on to convince his players that he knows what he’s doing other than Peyton Manning sure as hell likes him.

Gase has lost this team. If i hear one more player parrot Gase’s company line of I need to watch the film, my head will explode. (I think they are doing it to mock him.) The Game is played ON THE FIELD not on the video! If you can’t see it on the field, you’ll never see it when it matters. When a D player misses his assignment, everyone on the D knows it right there on the field. Same thing on O. Everyone knows who missed their block, ran the wrong route, etc... right there on the field when it happened. Since Gase has never been on the field, he doesn’t seem to know this.

Gase is a garbage HC. He does nothing well. Nothing.Fire Gase.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bowles did the same thing.  Play scared.  It is to avoid the blowout, NY press coverage and embarrassing the Johnsons.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why this would surprise anyone. Gase showed us who he was last year. He's a loser who shrivels up like a prick in cold water when the competition gets difficult. His game plan against tough defenses is going to be don't take risks.

Yet some of you wanted him back for some dumbass reason.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't "playing scared/too conservative" the complaint leveled against Bowels?

 

I believe the proper term is called "playing talentless"

Which applies to the coach and 95% of the team

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought Darnold played well today. Defense couldn’t stop sh*t, his WRs can’t stretch the field or even catch the ball, Ryan Griffin last year looked better than anything we’ve seen from Herndon. It’s a blood bath I don’t think we’re ever gonna really know what he actually is 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...