Gase and Darnold playing scared

yvj

3 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

How can you play bold with this supporting cast?  

Look at Mahomes today with no protection.  Look at Watson, and he has plenty of help

Thank you so much!

How in the world is Watson not putting up all these points....hmmmmm cause it isn't easy when you don't have GREAT TARGETS!!! 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I don't have the numbers from today yet but Sam got exactly 2.5 seconds week 1 on average. That was 16th in the league, middle of the pack.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

2.6 seconds today per NFL Next Gen stats.  Around 20th. 

Average depth of target (4.5)and average depth of completion (3.6) were both dead last in league. 

3 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

How can you play bold with this supporting cast?  

Look at Mahomes today with no protection.  Look at Watson, and he has plenty of help

You still have to take a couple of shots deep.  SF only had to defend within 10 yards of LOS all day.  At least take one or two shots deep, give guys chances to make plays, maybe someone makes a catch, gets a DPI.  Or maybe it ends up being a pick.  At least take a shot or two.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

The time you have to throw become MEANINGLESS if your targets DON'T get open!!!

My main issue today was with the game plan.  So weak and unimaganitive.  Everything underneath.  Nothing down the field.  Even with banged up WRs, how about sending a TE up the seam, or an RB on a wheel route.  We did not try anything to loosen up the defense.  Made it vey easy on SF to defend.  The way we were playing, we would have needed 15+ play drives to get in the end zone.  Hard to do that consistenlty, especially when playing from behind.  Sam was not great today, but he was not the main issue.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, yvj said:

That's what kills me about this team. I understand the roster blows, but there is no aggression or passion on the team.  I don't hate Sam but playing scared infuriates me it's very similar to the worst of the Sanchez era all over again.

Not sure how you came to Sam and Gase playing scared. You can tell from the games and even the most recent post game Sam has no control on plays. He run the crap Gase makes him run.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Well in the 4thbquarter they threw past the line of scrimmage...maybe try that play one

Yup.  This is our first possession of the game.  3rd and 3.  Defense has 10 guys wiithin 4 yards of the LOS.  Perriman and Hogan wide.  Do we send someone deep and take a shot with only one high safety?  Nope, we send our 37 year old RB into the 8 man box.  Haven't rewatched all of the game yet, but I expect to see a lot more of this.  Very easy for SF to defend.

image.thumb.png.1a355ee3ee6cb1b201782378b1bd161e.png

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  This is our first possession of the game.  3rd and 3.  Defense has 10 guys wiithin 4 yards of the LOS.  Perriman and Hogan wide.  Do we send someone deep and take a shot with only one high safety?  Nope, we send our 37 year old RB into the 8 man box.  Haven't rewatched all of the game yet, but I expect to see a lot more of this.  Very easy for SF to defend.

image.thumb.png.1a355ee3ee6cb1b201782378b1bd161e.png

This game is all the proof you need to see Sam is not the problem.

It's was terrible to watch but watch the berrious TD. Sam can Chuck it with the best of them. 

If any good qb came in to this team first they would say is I'm not running this crap off. 

It's just bad plays, no adjustment and nothing to help the team win

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This game is all the proof you need to see Sam is not the problem.

It's was terrible to watch but watch the berrious TD. Sam can Chuck it with the best of them. 

If any good qb came in to this team first they would say is I'm not running this crap off. 

It's just bad plays, no adjustment and nothing to help the team win

Not sure I would go so far as to say Sam is not the problem.  He may be.  But I would at least like to see him be given a chance to make plays, throw the ball down field.  Yeah, his receiving corp was depleted by injury.  But pass protection was okay today.  And SF was missing their top 2 pass rushers and two starting CBs. 

Give Sam a chance to throw a couple of balls deep.  I am not saying he should be slinging it around the field all game with the WRs we sent out there today.  Nut try to make a couple of plays.  Give Sam and the young WRs a chance.  Maybe he throws a pick.  But maybe they get a big play or a DPI call.  Give a kid ike Josh Malone or Braxton Berrios a chance to make a play, which Berrios did late.  Instead our whole offense is built around getting to 3rd and manageable and then converting on 3rd down.  Ii want to see an offense that at least tries to score. not get to 3rd and 3.

• Upvote 1