Because they were yanked out of the right crotch

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

business people

they aren't dumb.

they're just pieces of human sh*t.

The Johnsons are not good businessmen. They inherited their money

34 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I know people always say this but how do they affect the team exactly? If they give Douglas carte blanch do do whatever how’s it their fault? It’s not like they’re Jerry Jones 

Let’s see.  Handpick Gase over McCarthy. Handpick Macagnan and Bowles with the consultation of some tv analyst who clearly is scenile.  Stop JD from getting a nice package for Adams last year from the cowboys which would have included picks this year etc

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Shea Jet said:

Why do you think Parcells AND Belichick when the Johnsons bought the team, got the **** out of Dodge????

Much like the Mets and the Wilpons,  the Jets are completely ****ED until these Assholes SELL.

Belichick had one phone call with Woody and was like get me a a beverage napkin I gotta write a resignation letter

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

To Phil’s point, this goes back over 10 years.   They hire yes men....   we have left great QBs on the board.  We draft poorly, manage poorly and that stems from a hierarchy that doesn’t work.  We have a GM and a HC who both report to a trust fund baby who by all accounts Has accomplished nothing.  

I don’t see this getting better.  The bills just had a 18 year playoff drought I don’t know how we avoid doing that but worse

9 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

I'm not sure they measure 'success' by the same standards that fans do.

Wins and losses are ignored in the modeling of a team's valuation. The on-field success is largely independent - and at best, loosely correlated - with increase in team value, which is derived from the sharing of TV revenue, sponsorship, merchandising and stadium use.

The Jets' valuation, improved to a respectable 6th out of 32 after the new stadium secured sponsorship deals and naming rights, and has stayed there ever since: https://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/list/ and teams look positioned to capture a [bigger] slice of TV revenues that are projected to double when the rights go up for renewal: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/22/nfl-tv-rights-up-for-renewal-in-2022-and-big-media-will-pay-more.html 

Compared to where this franchise was when he 'overpaid' for it back in 2000: with an unfavorable lease agreement and league-low revenue per fan (https://www.nytimes.com/2000/01/12/sports/the-jets-fill-one-opening-new-owner-at-635-million.html ), the Johnsons have reason to think they've done pretty well. 

It's a rosy outlook for ones investing with a risk-averse approach. Stability, and the free PR that comes with it - think of all the 'personal' puff pieces written about him by the media circa 2008-2010, like this one:  https://nymag.com/news/sports/68084/

Personnel decisions are nothing more than administrative costs, i doubt they really care about on-field competence. The 'buzz' and noticeable changes that were needed to improve the franchise's financial outlook at the end of the 00s aren't needed anymore. As an investment; the property is running on auto-pilot. Secure, with very little incentive to improve results. And it's not as if fans are refusing to watch, they turn up in the droves. 

My feeling is that the Johnsons rely on the short term buzz created by big-time free agent signings, without giving too much thought towards a long-term vision. A few good seasons here and there, with some excitement, controversy and drama, is enough to satisfy the appetites of the media and the public. 

Woody has made one smart business decision ever and it was buying the jets.  If he wasn’t a trust fund any he would be lucky to have a mop job and I’m not exaggerating 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company