Our Owners

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

You sir are delusional. He comes from Big Pharma?  He has zero to do with J and J. Hell... for a rich kid, he went to a very average college. I'm done here. He has taken a bottom 3rd team and make it a bottom 3 team.  

Proving once again that “horses run true to form”.  He’s an Idiot.  Well short changed in the family gene pool.  Happens all the time.

I don’t even understand why someone who went to Arizona St U., when most of the rest of his family went Ivy League, would want to be Ambassador to England in the first place.

1 hour ago, KINGDIRK said:

Sad for us but so true.

If it is any consolation even if a very large percentage of Jets fans decided to "boycott" games -- let's say 10 or even 15%, it really wouldn't impact Woody's finances much. So there is some comfort in that there isn't too much we can do.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Proving once again that “horses run true to form”.  He’s an Idiot.  Well short changed in the family gene pool.  Happens all the time.

I don’t even understand why someone who went to Arizona St U., when most of the rest of his family went Ivy League, would want to be Ambassador to England in the first place.

He's a long-time Republican party financier. When J&J gets a billion dollar contract to develop a covid-19 vaccine...you can assume Woody's political leanings might have had something to do with it. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

We agree 100 percent.  His grades were probably so mediocre, they couldn't even buy his way into the Ivey's like many rich kids.  I can't find anything on Chris... 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Winning doesn't affect valuation though, does it? The revenue from media and TV rights is locked-in, and unaffected by how much an individual team wins or loses. Their investment is positioned for the long term, and a decade of crappy results won't change their outlook when the team ranks as the 6th most valuable NFL franchise. You can make bigger money elsewhere, but you certainly can't lose money on the Jets. 

It's important to remember that this guy comes from big pharma, the Jets aren't his primary concern.  

The dedicated owners are those who associate their name and legacy with the franchise. Jerry Jones and his family, for example, live off the Cowboys, it's their pride and joy, they are front and centre. The Johnsons have no desire to overtly associate themselves with the Jets, its not that important to them (anymore). 

Big Pharma?  He has no relationship now to J&J.   The Jets are a big part of his life (outside of politics)

11 hours ago, jgb said:

The two best things to ever happen to Woody--he came out of the right wiener and he bought the NY Jets.

He can't control the first but the second was a stellar business decision. And that's exactly how he runs it. Very successfully--I might add--if his goal is profits, which it most certainly is.

We need an owner whose only goal is to see his toy demolish the toys of his fellow billionaires. Cost be damned. It's about winning and being the big swinging D on the yacht circuit. Our problem isn't that we have a rich, out-of-touch owner who never worked a day in his life. Our problem is that our owner is not rich enough.

he's a top 10 Net Worth owner i believe.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

You claimed he did a good job with the stadium.  I disagree. I state it was 50 percent over budget and by today's standards is a terrible stadium. 

you can state it's 50% over budget but that would be false.  if you said 23% i would agree.

It's been the top grossing stadium in the WORLD for many years.   It's been a HOME RUN.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – January 6, 2015 – MetLife Stadium recently topped the annual venue ratings released by Billboard magazine, receiving the number one ranking as the 2014 top grossing stadium in the world.  This is the fourth time MetLife Stadium has achieved this ranking since opening its doors in 2010.  MetLife Stadium was previously ranked number one in the world in 2010, 2012 & 2013 and number one in the U.S. in 2011.

6 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you can state it's 50% over budget but that would be false.  if you said 23% i would agree.

It's been the top grossing stadium in the WORLD for many years.   It's been a HOME RUN.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – January 6, 2015 – MetLife Stadium recently topped the annual venue ratings released by Billboard magazine, receiving the number one ranking as the 2014 top grossing stadium in the world.  This is the fourth time MetLife Stadium has achieved this ranking since opening its doors in 2010.  MetLife Stadium was previously ranked number one in the world in 2010, 2012 & 2013 and number one in the U.S. in 2011.

of course , it's located in the largest market in the western hemisphere.  Sporting news has it ranked at 15 amongst all NFL stadiums. My argument has always been Woody is at best of average intelligence and has done nothing exceptional as owner.  A stadium had to be built. Many voices , architects, etc.. were involved. He owns half of it. Any one who bought the Jets would have been in same position.

Woody has done NOTHING above and beyond as an NFL owner except make the team a bottom 3 team.

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

look at the forbes net worth thing.  his family is pretty high up compared to other families.  (north of  6 Billion).

i doubt he has much J&J holdings anymore

I dont give a crap about his family...    HIS net worth is what we are addressing and I don't care about that. Im only arguing he is pretty useless individually.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

not a chance in hell

no way no how

I don't think you're terribly knowledge of Snyder if you feel that way.

Compare the actual results of the Johnson Era vs. the Snyder Era, you might find it enlightening.

Snyder has owned the Redskins for 22 seasons, in that time they are 143-194 (.424), with 5 winning seasons, 5 playoff seasons, and 0 NFC Championship Game Appearances. 

And Snyder is currently under investigation by the NFL for massive abuses of female staff and are in process of changing their name due to a huge push by co-owners and the public.  The Stadium is a disaster, and Snyder loathed by everyone (literally) in this area.

Johnson has owned the NY Jets for 20 seasons, in that time they are 139-167 (.454), with 8 winning seasons, 6 playoff seasons and 2 AFC Championship Game Appearances.

The numbers simply don't lie.

By every metric, the Jets have been a more successful NFL Franchise than the Redskins over the similar tenures of Snyder and Johnson.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't think you're terribly knowledge of Snyder if you feel that way.

Compare the actual results of the Johnson Era vs. the Snyder Era, you might find it enlightening.

Snyder has owned the Redskins for 22 seasons, in that time they are 143-194 (.424), with 5 winning seasons, 5 playoff seasons, and 0 NFC Championship Game Appearances. 

And Snyder is currently under investigation by the NFL for massive abuses of female staff and are in process of changing their name due to a huge push by co-owners and the public.  The Stadium is a disaster, and Snyder loathed by everyone (literally) in this area.

Johnson has owned the NY Jets for 20 seasons, in that time they are 139-167 (.454), with 8 winning seasons, 6 playoff seasons and 2 AFC Championship Game Appearances.

The numbers simply don't lie.

By every metric, the Jets have been a more successful NFL Franchise than the Redskins over the similar tenures of Snyder and Johnson.

Yawn, RIGHT NOW,  I'd rather be Washington. 

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

We agree 100 percent.  His grades were probably so mediocre, they couldn't even buy his way into the Ivey's like many rich kids.  I can't find anything on Chris... 

Someone posted yesterday that they tried learning of any “Chris accomplishments” via the internet and not surprisingly there is Nothing.

I’m not going to disparage him.  Supposedly he’s a nice person, but in no way shape or form does it appear that he should be making decisions affecting a multi billion dollar asset.

This is now turned into “Met situation” for me.  Where I knew there was no way they would ever win with the Wilpons as owners, my “protest” would be to never attend a single game or send a single dollar into anything that might make its way into a Wilpon pocket, and I didn’t.  Also I rooted for the Mets to lose every game while the Wilpon’s had control over them and instead rooted for a handful of players I liked individually, yet still always wanted the team to come up on the short end of the final score, so at least pretty much guaranteeing that the owners would feel some heat if they ever would show up to watch their product.  They’re human and unless they’re pure psychopaths it would have to bother them somewhat when a fan would notice them, anywhere, the game, the street, you name it and call them out...jeer them.

The situation with the Jets, right now, today, is actually worse than ANYTHING experienced with the Mets and the Wilpons who I think “gifted” NY a total of 4 winning seasons in the around 20 they were sole owners.

The 2020 NY Jets are NOT a professional football team and that is coupled with their owner not only not being a professional anything he’s basically not anything at all ....accomplished zilch in his 60 years walking the earth.

No the Jets are as bad as it gets right now, worse than I’ve ever seen them.  The Kotite era saw them lose almost every game, but they actually were IN many of those games.  These Jets don’t belong on a field playing against a professional team and that fact is going to make it to the back pages and that in turn is going to create a groundswell of hate against the Johnsons and the only way they can try to fix it is to go into their pockets and pay a real HC and never try to finagle saving pennies again.  
Will they do that?  Probably not, but they’re about to lose almost all of the fan base.

• Upvote 1