Darnold with telling nugget in otherwise boring press conference

JetFreak89

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Gase doesn't believe in the QB sneak. He thinks it puts the QB at to much of a risk for injury. But Gase is also an idiot.

The QB sneak was the proper call on 4th down there. Once they didn't get it on 3rd and short they should have snuck it on 4th down. It's common sense.

If I remember correctly, there were no players directly over the Center either!

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Vader said:

That was a brilliant question — we were all wondering that. So Darnold gets no pre snap motion, no ability to audible, and barely any playaction. Sounds good.

The straws you guys clutch at. No presnap motion? Like if we have a guy run parallel to the line of scrimmage before the play that will somehow make Darnold better able to put the ball where it's supposed to be. Calling audibles is just one less thing for him to be bad at.

• Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Darnold had his usual non-descript press conference which is whatever but when asked if he has the ability to audible to a QB sneak on that 4th and 1 play or had to stick with the play called, he answered "stick with the play".

It's year 3 and year 2 with Gase. Gase has got to go!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Fair Sanchez....

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

It’s no secret that Gase is the primary reason that Sam’s taken a step back. There’s zero doubt in my mind that Sam could easily be a top 10-15 QB in a better run offense. That’s what tells me it’s time for Gase to go

Totally agree, give him weapons, an OL, a running game and a competent coach and he has pro bowl ability, we saw lots of special moments his rookie year, a few last year and there will be none this year.  Gase has sucked the life and competitiveness out of him.  

Gase will not be fired, the master plan of JD is to draft Trevor, redshirt him one season and then fire Gase and let Darnold leave in FA.  I bet he does with Gase what Tuna did to Groh, find a college that may be willing to hire him and urge him to take the job so JD doesn't look like a back-stabber.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

The straws you guys clutch at. No presnap motion? Like if we have a guy run parallel to the line of scrimmage before the play that will somehow make Darnold better able to put the ball where it's supposed to be. Calling audibles is just one less thing for him to be bad at.

Pre snap motion can help the QB determine the coverage.  Is this your first year watching football?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’d be cool if that QB wasn’t a mama’s boy puss puss

"Like, whoa, bro! Those guys are, like, totes the 49ers! I mean, like, those guys are totally Football players! Bro! I'm just chilling, and these dudes are, like, totally hard core! I mean, tackling me, all that stuff, bro! I was like,  whoa dudes, get some chill, bro! Pac 10 was so awesome,  like, seriously!

But hey, you know, like, my Moms and J Palm say I'm, like totally cool, and the coach is chill, and really bruh, we're both rich as ****!"

-1642Hrs 20 September  2020. Transcript

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Someone doesn't know how football works ^.

4 minutes ago, Vader said:

Ummmm yes?? Pre-snap motion is only the league-wide standard for revealing man or zone coverage....

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Pre snap motion can help the QB determine the coverage.  Is this your first year watching football?

If you guys really think that playing quarterback is as easy as a One Neat Trick banner ad, it makes sense that you think Darnold can do it. But it isn't and he can't.

• Upvote 1

Imagine if someone dared to suggest a play to Gase like Foles did in the SB to Pederson.

It would involve flaring nostrils, raging spiral eyes and a rant about how "I AM THE COACH YOU ARE THE PLAYER. GTFO BACK IN THE HUDDLE" then he would call a FB dive out of spite.

Bosses with the least amount of self-confidence cling to power the tightest.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I watched Gase’s press conference. The guy has no answers. Things just didn’t work out is his frequent refrain. 

The guy may very well “understand” football but he’s not a HC. He’s not inspirational and he doesn’t seem to have a clue on how to fix things. I could never play for that guy.

To be fair, he's not much of an offensive coordinator either.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A QB sometimes has to fight back against his own coach, and say "this is what we're going to do here."  Darnold doesn't have that fight in him.

That, or he’s already done it and been burned.

As someone who asks forgiveness more than he asks permission, I can recognize a dog that’s been brow beaten into going with the flow.

Frankly, Sam is too young and has been faced with too much volatility to also be expected to manage up. It’s a rather naive take, 80.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1