Darnold with telling nugget in otherwise boring press conference

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Darnold had his usual non-descript press conference which is whatever but when asked if he has the ability to audible to a QB sneak on that 4th and 1 play or had to stick with the play called, he answ

A QB sometimes has to fight back against his own coach, and say "this is what we're going to do here."  Darnold doesn't have that fight in him.

Ummmm yes?? Pre-snap motion is only the league-wide standard for revealing man or zone coverage....

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Gase would rather lose his way than win someone else's way. Textbook sociopath.

For a guy who personally never played higher than High School level football and became an NFL coach, when you look at his results you have to assume that much of his ascending in the ranks was due mostly to back stabbing and as* kissing....not “genius”.

Those types ALWAYS need someone beneath them to stroke their ego all the time, since they hate the as* kissing they have to personally do to get to the top in their “ends justify the means” world....hence little King of Queens guy is always along for the ride with Gase.

• Upvote 2
31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And I say again, age doesn't mean much when you're in your 3rd season.  Age is not an excuse any longer. 

He has 28 NFL starts under his belt and has 14 more this season to show Joe Douglas he's worth $30M+ per season.  I doubt Douglas will say "Meh, he's young, let's roll the dice that he'll look better when he's 25".

You’re taking about experience, jackass. 3 seasons is experience. I’m not arguing he’s worth $30m, so don’t start driving the argument that way. I’m disputing the idea that a 25yo is going to walk into his boses office and push back, or that he should know to. Been around too long to watch anyone make such a stupid, naive argument.

Im taking about age. 25 year olds don’t know sh*t about ****. 3 years experience or not. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

You’re taking about experience, jackass. 3 seasons is experience. I’m not arguing he’s worth $30m, so don’t start driving the argument that way. I’m disputing the idea that a 25yo is going to walk into his boses office and push back, or that he should know to. Been around too long to watch anyone make such a stupid, naive argument.

Im taking about age. 25 year olds don’t know sh*t about ****. 3 years experience or not. 

I'm not talking about him walking into his bosses office.  I'm talking about him taking some command on the field.  Audible out of something when you know it won't work.  Show some semblance of balls out there.  Anything.  He can and should be able to show some of that in his 3rd season.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not talking about him walking into his bosses office.  I'm talking about him taking some command on the field.  Audible out of something when you know it won't work.  Show some semblance of balls out there.  Anything.  He can and should be able to show some of that in his 3rd season.  

Stop. This is all flavors of the same thing. You’re talking out of your ass. The guy plays for an on-spectrum control freak. I’d consider the realities of that vs. your silly idealistic notion of what should be.

Im not even defending Sam. I’m very down on him, but your argument is too stupid and uniformed not to be swatted down.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He doesn’t have the ability to audible according to his presser after the game....

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A QB sometimes has to fight back against his own coach, and say "this is what we're going to do here."  Darnold doesn't have that fight in him.

He did last year 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, jgb said:

Imagine if someone dared to suggest a play to Gase like Foles did in the SB to Pederson.

It would involve flaring nostrils, raging spiral eyes and a rant about how "I AM THE COACH YOU ARE THE PLAYER. GTFO BACK IN THE HUDDLE" then he would call a FB dive out of spite.

Bosses with the least amount of self-confidence cling to power the tightest.

Somehow a journeyman crappy QB gets more input then our young franchise QB.

• Post of the Week 1
3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Someone doesn't know how football works ^.

Haha yeah the qb having say and control in the plays is really stupid....I mean look at this crappy offense, imagine you go from being a phenom every where you go to having to run crap plays in the nfl that anyone knows are trash...he doesn't have the freedom to audible, get clues to the def and most importantly has to run plays that in no one take advantage of anything on the offensive side of the ball. No matter who is there it's the same vanilla crap.

If I was Sam I walk into Joe d office and say trade me. Or support me. Let me know on Monday.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

And yet still better than what we are seeing this year!

In fairness, Perriman hasn't been on the field that much and missed the end of training camp. But that's kind of been the issue with him since he came out of school right? And we should have known better and bet on a couple of guys rather than one dude, esp when we have this much room under cap this year. 

• Post of the Week 1

The thing that's most frustrating with this nugget is that we often looked our last year in the hurry up just letting Sam improvise.

When we fell behind today we never even went to the hurry up. Consistent with the audible thing, Gase learned all the wrong things last year.

• Upvote 1
On 9/20/2020 at 5:54 PM, Vader said:

That was a brilliant question — we were all wondering that. So Darnold gets no pre snap motion, no ability to audible, and barely any playaction. Sounds good.

But it's Sam's fault that he's not progressing.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, even if Sam has chosen to audible, it would have been to a predetermined audible set by Gase... on his terms... and that play didn’t even have an audible. 

That's just bad coaching dude.

If he's never given Sam a shot, Yes. If  Sam has been given the chance and been bad at it. then...  shrug

On 9/20/2020 at 3:12 PM, Integrity28 said:

That, or he’s already done it and been burned.

As someone who asks forgiveness more than he asks permission, I can recognize a dog that’s been brow beaten into going with the flow.

Frankly, Sam is too young and has been faced with too much volatility to also be expected to manage up. It’s a rather naive take, 80.

This post says so much.  

We have put Sam through so much adversity in his short career that it's really unfair to expect him to have to convince his HC that things should be different. The owner just came out and publicly called Gase an offensive Genius for Pete's sake.  I could argue that its more acceptable for Sam to cry with his head in his hands on Joe Douglas's office couch than it is to expect one of the youngest QB's in the league to fight capital hill after he has been running for his life and throwing to nobodies for his entire career. 

Thank God for Becton but man,  Sam has had an uphill climb. When all the while in Buffalo they have put every resource into making one of the most inaccurate QB's in years a success. It's really quite sad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I don't think sociopath is the right term but I get what your saying.....

If you got a better name for a person who bails after his kid is born before the cord is cut, I’m all ears.

On 9/20/2020 at 5:52 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

That’s funny. Mrs. Jetsfan80 said the same thing about you.

6 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

This post says so much.  

We have put Sam through so much adversity in his short career that it's really unfair to expect him to have to convince his HC that things should be different. The owner just came out and publicly called Gase an offensive Genius for Pete's sake.  I could argue that its more acceptable for Sam to cry with his head in his hands on Joe Douglas's office couch than it is to expect one of the youngest QB's in the league to fight capital hill after he has been running for his life and throwing to nobodies for his entire career. 

Thank God for Becton but man,  Sam has had an uphill climb. When all the while in Buffalo they have put every resource into making one of the most inaccurate QB's in years a success. It's really quite sad. 

When do you stop asking what you can do for your quarterback and start asking what your quarterback can do for you? Why do you get feelings when you ponder the working conditions of incompetent 23-year old millionaires?

• Upvote 1
On 9/20/2020 at 6:04 PM, deucebag said:

I bet he does with Gase what Tuna did to Groh, find a college that may be willing to hire him and urge him to take the job so JD doesn't look like a back-stabber.

What? Now that fat **** is getting credit for Groh running off to Virginia?  Why was Groh being forced out?  You act like what that fat **** did was honorable, when he managed to have his two hand picked successors resign within a year.  

On 9/20/2020 at 5:58 PM, CanadienJetsFan said:

He also mentioned that the analytics had something to do with taking the field goal.

i almost threw up.

this is scary... gase is brainwashing him.  On top of that hes addressing the media like gase does.    From a point where they are smarter snd know more, so regardless of how idiotic their answer is, they beleive theyre own bs.

14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

For all intents and purposes, jf80’s idealistic take us just that... idealistic. Not saying you’re wrong, just that you’re not considering the reality that Gase has already stomped the kid for speaking up... a trait pretty common if bad managers.

Oh well.

Depressing info.  Yep Gase f**king blows.  At this point I'm hoping for a mutiny.  

this is scary... gase is brainwashing him.  On top of that hes addressing the media like gase does.    From a point where they are smarter snd know more, so regardless of how idiotic their answer is, they beleive theyre own bs.

From the start, with the FaceTime nonsense I had a bad feeling. I can’t blame Darnold completely here since Gase punked CJ first. Why, would you have input from a 21 year old player to pick a coach is mind numbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
15 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

When do you stop asking what you can do for your quarterback and start asking what your quarterback can do for you? Why do you get feelings when you ponder the working conditions of incompetent 23-year old millionaires?

Tell me the reasons you think he should be succeeding.  

On 9/20/2020 at 11:14 PM, munchmemory said:

Have gone ob=ver this a hundred times, ove and over, in my head:   We just picked the wrong QB.  Again.   Time will prove me right or wrong.  But I think we augured in on the Darnold pick.

Hypothetical question ...

Swap Darnold out, and put Mahomes in. No other changes. Do we win the past two games as a result?