We got fleeced by Palmer.

ganggreen305

5 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

I’m just so down about Darnold.  I was so excited about him this year.  I watched all these videos from Palmer about nobody looks better or is working harder than Darnold.  He’s actually gotten worse with Palmer and Gase.  So upset.  

Josh Allen was there with him. Allen seems to have fixed his deep ball problem and his mechanics look better. Is it really Jordan Palmer's fault?

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

What do his receivers have to do with his poor footwork?  What about his poor decision making?  What about his average arm?  What about his poor pocket awareness?  Are these all because of the WRs?

Yes. And the offensive system. And the lack of roster support.

Just now, Untouchable said:

Palmer didn’t fleece sh*t

We took one of the most highly touted QB’s of the last 20 years who was known as a natural born gunslinger and risk taker, and stuck him in the most unimaginative offense possible which calls for some sort of screen pass on 80% of his drop backs...

It’s sickening how f*cking inept Gase is.

If you think these assh0les wouldn’t ruin Lawrence too, then you’re kidding yourself.

Great post 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Could you explain to me how, specifically, in each case, WR talent contributes such things?  And, why they were all present at USC

Darnold wasn’t drafted as a project, a QB that needs to be fixed. He is an extremely idiosyncratic passer — yet he was consensus #1 prospect not just in his draft class but he was viewed as one of the best QB prospects in years. 

Jordan Palmer is irrelevant to Sams success. His footwork could be better yeah. It will lead to some bad plays, yes. But these are irrelevant to his success. How the franchise supports him is what matters. 

They haven’t supported him. He has had the worst roster support of any QB I have ever seen. 

Thats the real reason in my opinion the optics are bad — beyond optics this lack of support is certainly a multiplier that exacerbates the bad habits and potentially can snowball. That is true and I would concede that. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

I’m just so down about Darnold.  I was so excited about him this year.  I watched all these videos from Palmer about nobody looks better or is working harder than Darnold.  He’s actually gotten worse with Palmer and Gase.  So upset.  

Darnold is way down the list of things wrong with this team

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CTM said:

Weird how one of the most highly touted QB's of the last 20 years was drafted behind a midget air raid qb with limited athletiscm 

Blame it on John Dorsey 

The goofy dickhole who Andy Reid sh*tcanned and then was made into some kind of messiah in Cleveland before being promptly sh*tcanned again and is currently sipping mocha lattes with Macc Daddy himself.

What did Sam do wrong today?
dropped TD,  dropped first down catches, no running game, no separation, receivers  are a joke and no interceptions.
Sam rebounded to adequacy today and I’m relieved
Please turn on the Sunday night football game to see what a real quarterback looks like.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Vader said:

Darnold wasn’t drafted as a project, a QB that needs to be fixed. He is an extremely idiosyncratic passer — yet he was consensus #1 prospect not just in his draft class but he was viewed as one of the best QB prospects in years. 

Jordan Palmer is irrelevant to Sams success. His footwork could be better yeah. It will lead to some bad plays, yes. But these are irrelevant to his success. How the franchise supports him is what matters. 

They haven’t supported him. He has had the worst roster support of any QB I have ever seen. 

Thats the real reason in my opinion the optics are bad — beyond optics this lack of support is certainly a multiplier that exacerbates the bad habits and potentially can snowball. That is true and I would concede that. 

This doesn't even attempt to answer my question.

But, to follow up, how did the "consensus #1 prospect not just in his draft class but he was viewed as one of the best QB prospects in years" not go #1, or even #2?  Passed by two teams in need of a QB?  Maybe he wasn't as consensus as you're believing/implying?

Also, what you're implying is that Sam Darnold isn't good enough to be a FQB, without even meaning to.  You're saying he needs the perfect, or at least near perfect circumstances to succeed.

• Upvote 3