Philc1

Quinnen Williams 7 tackles 2 sacks

Best game of his career. He needs to do this pretty consistently if he is going to justify being picked 3rd overall. Showing up every once in a while won't cut it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Yeah he needs to be a consistent star like other 3rd overall picks: Soloman Thomas, Trent Richardson, Blake Bortles, Dante Fowler, and Tayson Jackson.

So it's ok if our 3rd overall pick isn't a really good player because Blake Bortles and Trent Richardson were busts? 

He was the 3rd overall pick. I think it's fair to expect him to be really good. Don't you?

When you draft an interior lineman 3rd overall you better get that pick right.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

The difference is I'm ready to wait more than 15 minutes before declaring him a bust.

I never said he was a bust. I said he needs to show up consistently and play well. He was a ghost most of last year and week 1 of this year. He played great today. But this needs to be closer to the norm than what we've seen so far from him.

When you draft an interior defensive lineman with the 3rd overall pick, you better get a special player. Not a space filler, not someone who just plays the run well. You're looking for a force on the inside like the Rams have with Aaron Donald. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

“When ya draft a interior defensive lineman” — how about giving him more than 16 games before declaring him a worse Gholston

Maybe you haven't been following but I didn't say he was a bust. 

Tons of guys come into the league and play well right away. It's not unreasonable to expect our guys to do the same thing. 

An Interior defensive lineman 3rd overall better be a top player. I'll keep saying it because it's the only way it's a good pick.

4 minutes ago, jamesr said:

It's not up to Q to justify his draft spot. He didn't have a say on where he was drafted.

If they drafted you or me 3rd overall, should we have to achieve a certain level of play / stardom as a result? ;-) 

What is up to him is to push himself continuously to be the best player he can be, and ignore his draft spot completely.

You're right. But if he doesn't play at a high level it's a bad pick for the Jets. 

Q could go on to have a nice career in the league like Leonard Williams is but by value standards the pick was a bad one for us.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company