Quinnen Williams 7 tackles 2 sacks

Philc1

56 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

When did the sacks happen? I don't remember them but I did turn they game off in the fourth.

He injured Garropolo with a sack early in the game. Then forced a fumble crushing a dude later, just couldn't grab the ball because the guy rolled on top of him and had his arm over his throat. 

He builds from here. GW needs to play him on more downs.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Then prepared to be shocked. Had two sacks in his sixth career game, a 35-9 win over the Colts in week 6, 2012. He also had 1.5 sacks in week 15, 2012, a 27-17 loss to the Chargers (it was also the third straight game he recorded one or more sacks).

Coples had 2 sacks against the Dolphins in week 17, 2014 (a 37-24 win which was Geno Smith's best game as a Jets QB - 20 of 25 for 358 yards and three touchdowns).

Thanks for the history lesson Aussie.

Ingram was right fricking there.....this goddamn ranchise man

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I remember ONE  game that he played well. ONE Fukkin game.  That’s it. I’m sure he had others but what a bust. 

Ingram or the Syracuse guy whos name is escaping me. Right there.

You dont win 5 games a year by accident....

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

He injured Garropolo with a sack early in the game. Then forced a fumble crushing a dude later, just couldn't grab the ball because the guy rolled on top of him and had his arm over his throat. 

He builds from here. GW needs to play him on more downs.

It was weird because the announcer called his name but didn’t give him credit for the sack. I notice that too 

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

Then goes out and looks like a jerk in one of the worst post game interviews I've ever seen

If you can't deal with the NY media, you can't play in this town

Had zero issue with the way he handled the media. The reporters were baiting him for a soundbite and he refused to give in. If you dont want stupid answers, dont ask stupid questions.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Great game by Quinnen.  He does look much better playing and physically.

Quinnen had a great game and the Jets still looked terrible on defense.

Jamal Adams played great and the Jets still lost most of their games with him here.

These guys are not impact players. 

This narrative has always been dumb as hell.

It takes a whole team. You could have the best LT in the league on an absolutely horrible team. Doesnt mean he isnt an impact player that you should trade away because you're losing anyway. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It takes a whole team. You could have the best LT in the league on an absolutely horrible team. Doesnt mean he isnt an impact player that you should trade away because you're losing anyway. 

Exactly. He literally took out their qb. What more impact do you want?

Give the kid some credit. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Yeah he needs to be a consistent star like other 3rd overall picks: Soloman Thomas, Trent Richardson, Blake Bortles, Dante Fowler, and Tayson Jackson.

So it's ok if our 3rd overall pick isn't a really good player because Blake Bortles and Trent Richardson were busts? 

He was the 3rd overall pick. I think it's fair to expect him to be really good. Don't you?

When you draft an interior lineman 3rd overall you better get that pick right.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, funaz said:

No. Top 10 picks are supposed to be 10 year starters.

That's all you need from them. Superstars are rare and expecting every too pick to be one is crazy.

The last one we had we traded

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

The people who know everything declared Quinnen one of the all time great non-QB draft busts of all time.  There’s no way he can learn and develop and get better.

Uh oh.  What did he say?

Basically just answered every question with “I don’t know, we need to go back and look at the tape.” It was like Marshawn Lynch style.

Immature, yes, but at least it proves at lest some players are pissed at what’s going on. We only get like one more season of losing before he turned into the next Sheldon or Jamal.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

So it's ok if our 3rd overall pick isn't a really good player because Blake Bortles and Trent Richardson were busts? 

He was the 3rd overall pick. I think it's fair to expect him to be really good. Don't you?

When you draft an interior lineman 3rd overall you better get that pick right.

The difference is I'm ready to wait more than 15 minutes before declaring him a bust.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

The difference is I'm ready to wait more than 15 minutes before declaring him a bust.

I never said he was a bust. I said he needs to show up consistently and play well. He was a ghost most of last year and week 1 of this year. He played great today. But this needs to be closer to the norm than what we've seen so far from him.

When you draft an interior defensive lineman with the 3rd overall pick, you better get a special player. Not a space filler, not someone who just plays the run well. You're looking for a force on the inside like the Rams have with Aaron Donald. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

His name was Joe Thomas.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I never said he was a bust. I said he needs to show up consistently and play well. He was a ghost most of last year and week 1 of this year. He played great today. But this needs to be closer to the norm than what we've seen so far from him.

When you draft an interior defensive lineman with the 3rd overall pick, you better get a special player. Not a space filler, not someone who just plays the run well. You're looking for a force on the inside like the Rams have with Aaron Donald. 

“When ya draft a interior defensive lineman” — how about giving him more than 16 games before declaring him a worse Gholston

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Basically just answered every question with “I don’t know, we need to go back and look at the tape.” It was like Marshawn Lynch style.

Immature, yes, but at least it proves at lest some players are pissed at what’s going on. We only get like one more season of losing before he turned into the next Sheldon or Jamal.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Interesting. Good to see some fire from the kid and I hope he stays motivated and paying like this. We need it.

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

“When ya draft a interior defensive lineman” — how about giving him more than 16 games before declaring him a worse Gholston

Maybe you haven't been following but I didn't say he was a bust. 

Tons of guys come into the league and play well right away. It's not unreasonable to expect our guys to do the same thing. 

An Interior defensive lineman 3rd overall better be a top player. I'll keep saying it because it's the only way it's a good pick.