Jump to content
Philc1

Quinnen Williams 7 tackles 2 sacks

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Then goes out and looks like a jerk in one of the worst post game interviews I've ever seen

If you can't deal with the NY media, you can't play in this town

He had a smile on his face the whole time. He was really short with Cimini, but I watched his whole presser. He answered everything that was asked. He was just really short with Cimini but he wasn't rude to anyone. Gave good answers actually:

-Have to finish plays

-Lack of preseason isn't an excuse

-Gregg Williams said he has turned the corner. Q said I set the bar high and I expect a lot of myself, I can always do better.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

It was a good game.

Still an idiotic draft pick.

Easy there Eeyore. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:


Basically just answered every question with “I don’t know, we need to go back and look at the tape.” It was like Marshawn Lynch style.

Immature, yes, but at least it proves at lest some players are pissed at what’s going on. We only get like one more season of losing before he turned into the next Sheldon or Jamal.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I watched the whole interview. That isn't what he said. He was frosty with Cimini but he answered everything else. 

He was harping on we have to play better and finish plays. He told the media the technique has to be better. They kept grilling on that, so he just kept saying we need to finish plays. Which is what he should say because otherwise he is going to give them something that Gregg Williams is harping on them about. And the media will only cause problems so his answer was good. We need to play better and finish plays.

The kid stood there the whole time until there were no more questions. I didn't watch the SNY cut up, I watched the actual interview from start to finish I am not sure if SNY or anyone else spliced it up which may have made it seem worse than it was.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Yeah that applies to head coaches too...

Right?

QW was excellent in college.  Gase sucked at everything except getting Peyton coffee

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Then goes out and looks like a jerk in one of the worst post game interviews I've ever seen

If you can't deal with the NY media, you can't play in this town

I didn’t see it. I’ll have to look at the film. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

He had a smile on his face the whole time. He was really short with Cimini, but I watched his whole presser. He answered everything that was asked. He was just really short with Cimini but he wasn't rude to anyone. Gave good answers actually:

-Have to finish plays

-Lack of preseason isn't an excuse

-Gregg Williams said he has turned the corner. Q said I set the bar high and I expect a lot of myself, I can always do better.

wasn't the same as showed on SNY

he had a sour look on his face, a really bad attitude and would only answer "have to look at he film" to every question whether it had to do with the question or not and nothing else. Clearly was not going to respond to any question and had no reason to be standing there. Made him look very unprofessional and Bart Scott was all over him for it. His response was quite severe. Did no one else see this?

I was very surprised at the negative reposnses to what I said based on what I saw . Were there different press events or did SNY only show what made him look bad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am surprised Quinnen didn't mess up those tackles. People were running into him. And those sacks.. against that scared backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Then prepared to be shocked. Had two sacks in his sixth career game, a 35-9 win over the Colts in week 6, 2012. He also had 1.5 sacks in week 15, 2012, a 27-17 loss to the Chargers (it was also the third straight game he recorded one or more sacks).

Coples had 2 sacks against the Dolphins in week 17, 2014 (a 37-24 win which was Geno Smith's best game as a Jets QB - 20 of 25 for 358 yards and three touchdowns).

I remember taking coples over melvin ingram. Guess whose still in the league 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I watched the whole interview. That isn't what he said. He was frosty with Cimini but he answered everything else. 

He was harping on we have to play better and finish plays. He told the media the technique has to be better. They kept grilling on that, so he just kept saying we need to finish plays. Which is what he should say because otherwise he is going to give them something that Gregg Williams is harping on them about. And the media will only cause problems so his answer was good. We need to play better and finish plays.

The kid stood there the whole time until there were no more questions. I didn't watch the SNY cut up, I watched the actual interview from start to finish I am not sure if SNY or anyone else spliced it up which may have made it seem worse than it was.

Wtf are you supposed to say after your team got wrecked but u played well

bellichick player would be praised for being so circumspect but we are rude got it right.

he did nothing wrong move along 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q will prove his haters wrong
Sam will prove his haters right

I'm one of the biggest q haters here. Glad to see him finally make some noise.  Hopefully he can keep it up and prove me wrong. 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s coming into his own

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After an awful loss, hard to fault any player for not being shiny and happy. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Best game of his career. He needs to do this pretty consistently if he is going to justify being picked 3rd overall. Showing up every once in a while won't cut it. 

It's not up to Q to justify his draft spot. He didn't have a say on where he was drafted.

If they drafted you or me 3rd overall, should we have to achieve a certain level of play / stardom as a result? ;-) 

What is up to him is to push himself continuously to be the best player he can be, and ignore his draft spot completely.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jamesr said:

It's not up to Q to justify his draft spot. He didn't have a say on where he was drafted.

If they drafted you or me 3rd overall, should we have to achieve a certain level of play / stardom as a result? ;-) 

What is up to him is to push himself continuously to be the best player he can be, and ignore his draft spot completely.

You're right. But if he doesn't play at a high level it's a bad pick for the Jets. 

Q could go on to have a nice career in the league like Leonard Williams is but by value standards the pick was a bad one for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Better be careful QW. If you start producing and playing too well you’re gonna get traded!

Lucky him!

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I remember ONE  game that he played well. ONE Fukkin game.  That’s it. I’m sure he had others but what a bust. 

That's more than Vernon Gholston ever had.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

You're right. But if he doesn't play at a high level it's a bad pick for the Jets. 

Q could go on to have a nice career in the league like Leonard Williams is but by value standards the pick was a bad one for us.

Yes - you can blame a player for not making the most of his talents, but draft spot is out of his control and very much attributable to our (ex-) GM.

Sadly you can only fire him once, regardless of how many mistakes he made. :-( 

Best outcome is that Q lives up to his hype ... and proves Macc right (for once). :D 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turning the corner needs more than a single data point.

 

Other than that, good news.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didnt even think about the fact that he was lined up with Trent Williams on so many of those plays yesterday. Solid.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Then goes out and looks like a jerk in one of the worst post game interviews I've ever seen

If you can't deal with the NY media, you can't play in this town

Think he was just showing he doesn't care for losing and want to discuss it really. Maybe we need players on our team to be hateful of losing since so many accept it so freely.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, heymangold said:

When you’re the 3rd pick in the draft, you’re supposed to be a superstar right away.

I just went over the last 20 years not many super stars there..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Agreed.  It’s something he needs to build off of

I don't remember Leo EVER having a game like that. Perhaps my memory fails me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I just went over the last 20 years not many super stars there..

Great. Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Think he was just showing he doesn't care for losing and want to discuss it really. Maybe we need players on our team to be hateful of losing since so many accept it so freely.

Then why even show up at the podium? Did he think they wanted to talk about where he likes to eat in town?

Maybe I'm just being an old fella and unrealisticly expect pro athletes to deport themselves as professionals. Maybe I was overly taken by Bart Scott hammering him for how he acted. 

Based on the reaction to what I wrote, I am in a very small minority of one on this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HtownJet said:

Warren Sapp
1995 - 3 sacks
1996 - 9 sacks

Q is a talented player, he’ll be fine.

Now do all the players who sucked to start their careers and continued to suck.

I really hope he turned the corner on Sunday.  Just not holding my breath.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...