Christopher Wold Johnson

JetsYanks13

As the acting owner of the NY JETS, how can you look any passionate Jets Fan in the face and tell them Adam Gase is a brilliant offensive coach and the right man to lead this team?

This man insulted our intelligence as Jets fans with his garbage comments last week. When is enough? At what point does this owner cut bait and proceed forward with a reputable coach?

He sees what’s going on, it has to be financial reasons to not fire him. The team is in shambles and they have no hope moving forward. The Jets fans suffer due to cheapness and incompetence. Gase should never of been hired in the first place. What a mess!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

By all accounts he's a really nice guy and definitely cares.  His problem is he may be too nice..  Letting Bowles finish his last season and calling Gase brilliant are pretty bad missteps. 

The Jets aren't going to be better because you're nice to the coach in public.  Much of what he said last week was fine but all anyone focused on was the ludicrous comment about Gase being brilliant.  He should have kept that one to himself.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

By all accounts he's a really nice guy and definitely cares.  His problem is he may be too nice..  Letting Bowles finish his last season and calling Gase brilliant are pretty bad missteps. 

The Jets aren't going to be better because you're nice to the coach in public.  Much of what he said last week was fine but all anyone focused on was the ludicrous comment about Gase being brilliant.  He should have kept that one to himself.

Google him. NOTHING comes up. NOTHING. What has he done?  60 years old and a complete zero. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JetsYanks13 said:

As the acting owner of the NY JETS, how can you look any passionate Jets Fan in the face and tell them Adam Gase is a brilliant offensive coach and the right man to lead this team?

This man insulted our intelligence as Jets fans with his garbage comments last week. When is enough? At what point does this owner cut bait and proceed forward with a reputable coach?

"Twitter made me cry."

--JetsYanks13

How in the world did this family get so damn rich and then produce these two clowns. One is off cosplaying politics in England, and Chris Johnson is here telling us a dude who calls HB dive on back to back calls is a offensive genius.

Clearly someone in the Johnson lineage has some sort of sense as how to be successful. WTF went wrong further down the tree, my god.

• Haha 2

Just now, Ruby2 said:

How in the world did this family get so damn rich and then produce these two clowns. One is off cosplaying politics in England, and Chris Johnson is here telling us a dude who calls HB dive on back to back calls is a offensive genius.

I want to die.

Where are the 2 Johnsons defenders???? @nyjunc  and @Jet Nut  they are the only 2 I know who defend these clowns.  

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was born on third base and you think he hit a Triple.

Oh please...   lets not get into to silver spoon babies who are truly failures that are in positions of real power and not head of an NFL team.  Tremendous power.

I go by what I've seen the guy say and do...  it hasn't been perfect but he seems to be a man with integrity which is a lot more than can be said about some who've had similar advantages.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

he has done ZERO.   I would argue less than zero.  under his watch, he has taken a bottom 10 team  to bottom 3.  

He had a nice warm smile when he met Sam Darnold in person in Florham Park for the first time and held the door open for him as Darnold entered the House of Horrors....so at least there is that.

11 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Google him. NOTHING comes up. NOTHING. What has he done?  60 years old and a complete zero. 

He makes people like you google him and complain that nothing written up in google makes you a complete zero.

He makes people like you hate the guy and call him a clown for no apparent reason other than he has a hell of a lot more money than you and here's the rub, his parents left him more money than ours did.  

Makes me so mad that if someone says the above, it means theyre defending them.

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He makes people like you google him and complain that nothing written up in google makes you a complete zero.

He makes people like you hate the guy and call him a clown for no apparent reason other than he has a hell of a lot more money than you and here's the rub, his parents left him more money than ours did.  

I respect you dude and love your passion... but you stated something about his philanthropic endeavors etc.  Not sure what your "vocation is" but Ive met many many multi millionaires, even billionaires ( Ken Langone I met once) and seen how they work.  It looks nothing like the Johnsons lifestyle.  Didn't mean to pick on you, just break your balls a bit in fun. 

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No one should fault them for being born rich, but we can certainly critique how bad they’ve been managing their football team that we happen to root for. The goal should be to win. I don’t think it is. Think about it- Woody, who likely has more business acumen than his brother, takes another job and leaves a billion dollar operation to his brother with ZERO experience in anything. Imagine owning stock in the company that did that? You’d be furious. We have Tom Womsgams running the team.

15 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I respect you dude and love your passion... but you stated something about his philanthropic endeavors etc.  Not sure what your "vocation is" but Ive met many many multi millionaires, even billionaires ( Ken Langone I met once) and seen how they work.  It looks nothing like the Johnsons lifestyle.  Didn't mean to pick on you, just break your balls a bit in fun. 

He got his money a tried and true way, he inherited it.  Just doesn’t make me mad or jealous or critical of him

That’s the difference between the way we think here.  He doesn’t need to have gotten his billions by my requirements.  Nothing more and that’s not a defense.  

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

No one should fault them for being born rich, but we can certainly critique how bad they’ve been managing their football team that we happen to root for. The goal should be to win. I don’t think it is. Think about it- Woody, who likely has more business acumen than his brother, takes another job and leaves a billion dollar operation to his brother with ZERO experience in anything. Imagine owning stock in the company that did that? You’d be furious. We have Tom Womsgams running the team.

You know what CJ has done in his life?  I don’t.  Plenty of owners worked their asses off to become highly successful and amass huge wealth who suck at running franchises in all leagues.  
Never mind he was handed a team a total mess and has been in charge a short period of time.

None of this is to say it will turn around under his watch, just an observation 

I don't care that they are rich and privileged.  I care that they have run the franchise I love into the ground and don't have the same passion as I do for this team.  People are attracted to sports because it distracts them from the rigors of real life for a few hours a week and affords them a chance to look forward to something to and to root hard for the next W. It allows us to be a part of a like minded community that all give their passion and time to something and that generally speaking, makes them happy, win lose or draw, and most importantly, gives them eternal hope. When a team has been run as poorly as the Jets have been, however, we are all robbed of most of those very things that attracted us to the team in the first place and takes the joy out of being a fan.

F**K the Johnsons. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He got his money a tried and true way, he inherited it.  Just doesn’t make me mad or jealous or critical of him

That’s the difference between the way we think here.  He doesn’t need to have gotten his billions by my requirements.  Nothing more and that’s not a defense.  

Trust me, I am not jealous one bit.  I have had enough success to be happy and comfortable.  I am simply pointing out what I believe about his acumen to run a team. 

The Johnsons need to sell, plain and simple. 

But if that doesn't happen, Tweedle Dee needs to call Tweedle Dum in London and make a move on the HC.

Hopefully CJ has learned something from not firing Mr Coffee when he knew he had to and grows some sack and does the right thing for the franchise and get rid of Gase now. Too bad if that "embarrasses" somebody. This is a business.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

I don't think it's a financial decision.  They're not cheap.  They're just incompetent.  Plain and simple.  And think about the optics of having to fire the guy who just recommended a GM who they gave a six year contract to.

Only the Johnsons.  Only the Jets.

The GM is the ONLY good thing Gase has done. CJ is not going to fire Gase even if the team goes 3-13 which looks likely. I don't see a team the Jets can beat right now. Pi$$ poor tackling, occasional blocking, no healthy WR's and an offensive system that looks like it was made for the 1940's.