Chase Claypool is a BEAST

JetBlue

10 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

That’s what happens when a legit freak is drafted by the team with the greatest record of WR development over the last 20+ years.

With them having to pay out the assh0le for Watt, JuJu is as good as ours.

Praise Jebus

There needs to be a 30 for 30 on their WR history, its just unimaginable.

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

JD could have had Chase Claypool. We traded down and then picked Mims.  Also passed up Shenault.

Reminds me of when we traded down to pick Ardarious Stewart. 

If we had accepted the cowboys offer last November for Adams we get Ceedee Lamb in the first round with their pick.  He had over 100 yards today

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

JD could have had Chase Claypool. We traded down and then picked Mims.  Also passed up Shenault.

Not even close to the same thing. Stewart over Godwin is going to be an all time blunder. Mims is going to be a star

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

That’s what happens when a legit freak is drafted by the team with the greatest record of WR development over the last 20+ years.

With them having to pay out the assh0le for Watt, JuJu is as good as ours.

Praise Jebus

JuJu and Mims are gonna rock. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Ja’Marr Chase, JuJu, Mims and Crowder are gonna rock.

With Becton and Wyatt Davis protecting Darnold’s blindside.

That’s how a smart organization supports a young QB.

But haven’t you heard? We are tanking for Trevor and trading Sam ?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If we had accepted the cowboys offer last November for Adams we get Ceedee Lamb in the first round with their pick.  He had over 100 yards today

“..... accepted the RUMORED Cowboys offer.....”

Jets couldn’t have guessed Cowboys would be bad in a weak NFC East. More like drafting in mid 20’s

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

But haven’t you heard? We are tanking for Trevor and trading Sam ?

Simply goofy

If the Jets have the #1 pick, then yeah, it probably means that Darnold has either gotten severely hurt or hasn’t really shown the ability to lift a team up by its bootstraps and somewhat overcome...so you might as well take Lawrence.

But trading away the bulk of our picks for Lawrence or taking a lesser prospect like Fields or Lance?

Yeah...f*ck that.

Darnold was Lawrence before Lawrence. Have that many fans really forgotten about that? I guess they have...

You don’t toss away this kid 3 years in like we did with a much lesser prospect like Sanchez.

You continue to focus the majority of your resources to build around him unless he looks like a complete lost cause. Which he sure as hell isn’t...yet...

There’s still time to correct this sh*tclasm.

And we can only pray that JD is the man to do it.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Simply goofy

If the Jets have the #1 pick, then yeah, it probably means that Darnold has either gotten severely hurt or hasn’t really shown the ability to lift a team up by its bootstraps and somewhat overcome...so you might as well take Lawrence.

But trading away the bulk of our picks for Lawrence or taking a lesser prospect like Fields or Lance?

Yeah...f*ck that.

Darnold was Lawrence before Lawrence. Have that many fans really forgotten about that? I guess they have...

You don’t toss away this kid 3 years in like we did with a much lesser prospect like Sanchez.

You continue to focus the majority of your resources to build around him unless he looks like a complete lost cause. Which he sure as hell isn’t...yet...

There’s still time to correct this sh*tclasm.

And we can only pray that JD is the man to do it.

Exactly. We will get a top 10 pick. And we have 2 #1’s next year, a #2 and 2#3 picks. That’s 5 picks right there in top 75. WR, edge, cb, OL, DL. Not to mention damn near most of our picks this past draft haven’t even seen the field.  Not to mention we have a sh*tload of FA cash to spend. Rome was not built in a day. This team will look remarkably different next year. 

48 minutes ago, varjet said:

Claypool would have been garbage if he came to the Jets, most likely.  How come virtually anyone who was once a Jet does much better in their new location lots of the time?  
There’s an answer.  The Jet Organization is garbage top to bottom.  They can’t coach up any young talent.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Shenault has also looked good.  He is already being called an "X-factor" for the Jags, lining up as both a receiver and taking hand offs out of the back field. 

5 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Shenault has also looked good.  He is already being called an "X-factor" for the Jags, lining up as both a receiver and taking hand offs out of the back field. 

I still wanted Mims but we really needed that second WR draft pick inside the first 2 rounds

34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I still wanted Mims but we really needed that second WR draft pick inside the first 2 rounds

There were still quality receivers available in the 4, 5 and 6th rounds.  We didn't need to draft a back up quarterback or trade a pick for back up cornerback.   

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Claypool would have been garbage if he came to the Jets, most likely.  How come virtually anyone who was once a Jet does much better in their new location lots of the time?  
There’s an answer.  The Jet Organization is garbage top to bottom.  They can’t coach up any young talent.

So are are you saying Mims is garbage too?   I guess it doesn't matter who we bring in if by being a Jet they automatically are garbage.   Sorry but I'm not buying it.  The problem is a lack of patience and moving on from players too fast.  Not everyone develops at the same rate yet on this board I seen player after player called a BUST after one or two seasons.   Claypool would be Darnold's best friend if he were a Jet.  The only thing I will concede is at the rate things are going, he probably would have pulled a hammy getting out of the shower.