Greg Roman

Rhg1084

7 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Wow. He coached Gannon for a SEASON! of Gannon's near 20 year career. That's almost as bad as saying Gase was Peyton Manning's offensive coordinator as a way of justifying him getting the job. Wouldn't be a terrible choice, but outside of his Michigan job he hasn't been head coach or on any staff longer then 3 years.. That's not a good look and would definitely add an argument to those who say he wears out his welcome. Greg Williams is a very good defensive mind but there's a reason he's been a coordinator for 20 out of 32 teams. Much prefer we go another route. 

In no way, shape, or form compares to Gase/Manning, the fact you made that comparison is laughable and I almost considered not even replying because of it. 

Also, in no way, shape, or form did Harbaugh wear out his welcome at any of his gigs along the way, he got offered a better job and more money every single time for doing such a good job. That is far different than skipping town because you arent wanted. The only time Harbaugh even remotely sniffed being a difficult guy to work with was when he and Trent Balke of the 49ers had a power struggle, the 49ers subsequently fired Balke realizing they had made a mistake and not handed the reigns to Harbaugh. 

Raiders QB Coach (Part of a SuperBowl win and his main positional focus won NFL MVP) Left a winning record --> Offered San Diego U HC job. 

San Diego U HC (Wont two Championships in two years) --> Offered Stanford HC job. 

Stanford HC (2 Bowl games, won 1 and coached 2 Heisman candidates) --> Offered 49ers HC job.

49ers HC (Went to a SuperBowl and 3 playoff appearances)--> Offered Michigan HC job. 

Those job offers and promotions of that magnitude dont happen if you're a dickhole and not a leader of men. 

He also never left any of those jobs with a losing record, even in the season he left each of them. 

19 hours ago, RSJ said:

Would be a good hire. Brian Daboll would also be a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I like Daboll too. He should be on the list of candidates along with Roman and Bieniemy. Way prefer to see us give a qualified assistant his shot than hire some retread good old boy. Likewise, if the right veteran was available I wouldn't DQ him just because he was a retread. I'm not personally a Jason Garrett fan but he should get a look.

Want to go out of the box? Throw $20million a year at Ozzie Newsome to unretire and be JD's boss. Give him complete control, 100% in charge of everything, and then find a new HC.