kevinc855

Adams is a beast

I bet Josh McDaniels was just congratulating Jamal Adams for finding away out of here and to a real football team lol.

• Upvote 1

Players of Jamal Adams caliber don't want to waste their best years playing meaningless football for a garbage franchise like ours. Unless we pay top dollar for them, they probably aren't interested. We deserve the Pierre Desir's of the world. Seattle deserves players like Adams. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Watched the entire game last night.  I still hate the pats and I have DK Metcalf in fantasy.  I was actually rooting for Adams to do well. 

my 2 cents:

Adams is what he is.  A very good tackler in between the hash marks, plays bigger than he is so he’s not a liability against the run in nickel and dime formations 

Adams is not good in man to man coverage.  Forget the lack of interceptions which is obvious.  Anytime the patriots needed a 3rd and long they picked on Adams throwing downfield

Adams has always been a good cover safety when asked to do it. Edelman beat him a couple of times last night and he's definitely at his best when he is allowed to freelance but his coverage skills are good. He's the most complete safety in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was asked to do it last night and did it poorly.  So this is clearly false.

1 game doesn't make it false. He has always been a good cover safety. That's a fact. Unless you are clinging to the word "always" in a totally literal sense. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

3+ seasons is what makes it false.  It's why Gregg Williams sent him on a blitz 90x last season, top 10 in the NFL among defensive players.  He's a Linebacker who sometimes covers TE's and RB's in a decent fashion.  He can't cover WR's.

But sure, tell me more about these "facts".  lol.

Sorry but this is incorrect.

He has always been very strong in coverage. Have you ever considered that he blitzes a lot because he's really really good at it?

He's not a CB. He's not going to shutdown receivers when he's asked to cover them. He consistently grades out at the top of the league when he's asked to drop into coverage. Fact.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

* Against RBs and TEs

Yes, he's amazing in coverage while his teams get toasted for 400+ yards in back to back weeks.  Just amazing, and so impactful.

Is he suppose to cover everybody on the field? You do realize that RBs and TEs need to be covered as well right?

His coverage skills have always been good. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

If all he can cover is RBs and TEs, it puts a low ceiling on his upside.  This has been the case his entire career.

It doesn't put a low ceiling on his upside when he can blitz and play the run as well as he can. 

I'd love to be presented with the evidence that he can only cover TEs and RBs besides pointing to a couple of catches by Edelman last night.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When he blitzes and doesn't get there, it puts an added strain on the rest of the defense.  That happened last night and all season long with the Jets last year.

Playing the run would be nice if it was the 1990s.

You don't give up two firsts, a 3rd, and an $18M+ per year contract to a player with Adams' skillset.

I still would like to see the evidence that he can only guard RBs and TEs.

I was a supporter of the Jamal Adams trade. JD made a good deal. But that doesn't mean Jamal Adams isn't a great player. Two things can be true at the same time.

The Jets defense looked better last year with Jamal Adams on the field putting that terrible "strain" on us then it has at any point so far this year. 

Adams played 959 snaps last year. He rushed the QB on 99 of them and dropped into coverage 517 times. He's not putting as much of a strain on the defense as you think he is. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The onus is on you to provide the evidence, not me.  You said he was excellent in coverage.  I presume you base this on some random PFF post?

I base it off of PFF grading that judge every play a player plays. I don't what you grade it off of. I told you he was good in coverage.

You said he can only guard RBs and TEs. I don't know what you are basing that off of. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

PFF also said Kerry Rhodes >>> Jamal Adams.  So use that site at your own risk.  It won't always give you the conclusions that you want to hear.

PFF also doesn't distinguish between RBs, TEs and WRs.  

Yes, not everyone is going to agree with PFF. But again, when you say he can only cover TEs and RBs, I still don't see any evidence of that.

Kerry Rhodes was awesome for a while when he first came into the league.

We'll agree to disagree on Jamal Adams. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company