Adams is a beast

kevinc855

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I was totally a supporter until he went full douchebag... No one should ever go full douchebag... Glad we got what we got for him sucks that we lost a generational talent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I was too - I just don’t remember this many people on my side back then haha

@Jetsfan80 knows how supportive I was of Adams, also knows I’m glad he’s gone now!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, johnnysd said:

From tonights game:

When Jamal Adams has been the nearest defender to the targeted receiver, the Patriots are 6-6 for 157 yards, per NFL Next Gen Stats.

Plus, Cam absolutely trucked him on one of his TD runs. RW is winning these games 100%.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The people in this thread taking about Edelman and coverage are tripping

The pats are run first this year and Jamal tfl won the game for Seattle at the end

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

LMAO, he wasn't anywhere near the tackle. 

He was the guy NBC Showed celebrating after, which is probably the part that fooled you into think Adams made the play. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 3

Watched the entire game last night.  I still hate the pats and I have DK Metcalf in fantasy.  I was actually rooting for Adams to do well. 

my 2 cents:

Adams is what he is.  A very good tackler in between the hash marks, plays bigger than he is so he’s not a liability against the run in nickel and dime formations 

Adams is not good in man to man coverage.  Forget the lack of interceptions which is obvious.  Anytime the patriots needed a 3rd and long they picked on Adams throwing downfield

• Upvote 1

Just now, DonMaynardFan said:

What NFL safety doesn't get taken advantage of every now and then.

It happens.

Except that is never the narrative with jamal and how he has to play to succeed.

As usual the media after that game heaped glory on him all game and after the game and posted his splashy play stats and totally ignored the fact that an older vet receiver had a career day vs him.  The guy has big holes in  his game and does not creat turnovers.  Yet, he walks on water.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Cannot agree with you here those couple run stops were game-changing plays behind the line of scrimmage where he lives.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

They gave up over 400 yards of offense, and him getting beat was literally the reason why New England hung around.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Watched the entire game last night.  I still hate the pats and I have DK Metcalf in fantasy.  I was actually rooting for Adams to do well. 

my 2 cents:

Adams is what he is.  A very good tackler in between the hash marks, plays bigger than he is so he’s not a liability against the run in nickel and dime formations 

Adams is not good in man to man coverage.  Forget the lack of interceptions which is obvious.  Anytime the patriots needed a 3rd and long they picked on Adams throwing downfield

Adams has always been a good cover safety when asked to do it. Edelman beat him a couple of times last night and he's definitely at his best when he is allowed to freelance but his coverage skills are good. He's the most complete safety in the NFL.

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

.... I definitely won't deny that the final outcome you illustrate here is a possibility. But you can also not deny that his energy, enthusiasm, and knack for making game-changing plays behind the line of scrimmage gives him quite a bit of value at the current stage of his career.

Can you quantify this?

And no one ever said he carries no or little value.  Based on what similar players to him get paid, I estimated over the offseason that he's worth about $12 or 13M per year.  

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Adams has always been a good cover safety when asked to do it. Edelman beat him a couple of times last night and he's definitely at his best when he is allowed to freelance but his coverage skills are good. He's the most complete safety in the NFL.

He was asked to do it last night and did it poorly.  So this is clearly false.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

1 game doesn't make it false. He has always been a good cover safety. That's a fact. Unless you are playing semantics and clinging to the word "always" in a literal sense. 

3+ seasons is what makes it false.  It's why Gregg Williams sent him on a blitz 90x last season, top 10 in the NFL among defensive players.  He's basically a Linebacker who sometimes covers TE's and RB's in a decent fashion.  He can't cover WR's.

But sure, tell me more about these "facts".  lol.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

3+ seasons is what makes it false.  It's why Gregg Williams sent him on a blitz 90x last season, top 10 in the NFL among defensive players.  He's a Linebacker who sometimes covers TE's and RB's in a decent fashion.  He can't cover WR's.

But sure, tell me more about these "facts".  lol.

Sorry but this is incorrect.

He has always been very strong in coverage. Have you ever considered that he blitzes a lot because he's really really good at it?

He's not a CB. He's not going to shutdown receivers when he's asked to cover them. He consistently grades out at the top of the league when he's asked to drop into coverage. Fact.

Collinsworth notes that Adams changed Seattle’s mindset on defense because he makes plays all over the field. 

It’s a shame the smear campaign worked on so many people here 

lol just kidding it’s awesome because now it’s really easy to tell who knows anything about the NFL and who just follows the crowd 

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Sorry but this is incorrect.

He has always been very strong in coverage. Have you ever considered that he blitzes a lot because he's really really good at it?

He's not a CB. He's not going to shutdown receivers when he's asked to cover them. He consistently grades out at the top of the league when he's asked to drop into coverage. Fact.

* Against RBs and TEs

Yes, he's amazing in coverage while his teams get toasted for 400+ yards in back to back weeks.  Just amazing, and so impactful.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

* Against RBs and TEs

Yes, he's amazing in coverage while his teams get toasted for 400+ yards in back to back weeks.  Just amazing, and so impactful.

Is he suppose to cover everybody on the field? You do realize that RBs and TEs need to be covered as well right?

His coverage skills have always been good. 

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Is he suppose to cover everybody on the field? His coverage skills have always been good. 

If all he can cover is RBs and TEs, it puts a low ceiling on his upside.  This has been the case his entire career.  Especially since he has no ability to jump in front of passes like you hope out of a supposedly elite Safety.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

If all he can cover is RBs and TEs, it puts a low ceiling on his upside.  This has been the case his entire career.

It doesn't put a low ceiling on his upside when he can blitz and play the run as well as he can. 

I'd love to be presented with the evidence that he can only cover TEs and RBs besides pointing to a couple of catches by Edelman last night.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

It doesn't put a low ceiling on his upside when he can blitz and play the run as well as he can. 

I'd love to be presented with the evidence that he can only cover TEs and RBs besides pointing to a couple of catches by Edelman last night.

When he blitzes and doesn't get there, it puts an added strain on the rest of the defense.  That happened last night and all season long with the Jets last year.

Playing the run would be nice if it was the 1990s.

You don't give up two firsts, a 3rd, and an $18M+ per year contract to a player with Adams' skillset.

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Adams was 5 yards away from that final tackle on Cam Newton.

Seattle won because of Russell Wilson last night.  Stevie Wonder could see that.

watching this final drive again 

around 40 seconds left the refs give a classic late game PI to Edelman 

as for the last play 

it's true, 33 wasn't close to it 

another way to look at it,

1st and goal, 3 seconds left,

they ran away from Adams with the game on the line

when they ran near Adams he made the play  

Jamal Adams did have a very good game last night.  Edelman was on fire, Cam Newton also had a great game  

it's not the 50 factory reject dildoes on the roster that determine wins and losses it's the handful of difference makers

Revis used to be that guy, Adams was a difference maker for this team, whether anyone admits it or not 

as for Russell Wilson, he also was a difference maker

but we Jets fans don't realize this but the league expects winning teams to score over 30 

both teams got there so they each had a chance

the Jets never sniff 30 and the expectations build on the defense to the point where people are livid at Quinnen williams for no reason