Sign in to follow this  
jetscrazey

Could 2020 be worse than 1996?

This is worse than ‘96.  The game has changed a lot since then, particularly on offense.  This team just looks so far away from being competitive right now.   Just watch some of the other teams that played yesterday.   Even other “rebuilding” teams like Jacksonville and Arizona are leaps and bounds better than the Jets.  We are YET AGAIN looking at drafting another QB and finding another head coach, fun times.   

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yet if you told me today the jets had the #1 pick in 2021 and can take Lawrence, then use the 2nd 1 and some day 2 picks on offense, they can turn it around quickly.  Douglas knows this and also knows he’ll survive this season while gase won’t.  Then he’ll have coaches lining up to coach Lawrence.  And the OL will be even better next year as well, presumably.  Of course this is predicated on gettting Lawrence.

I don’t know, I’ve seen this movie too many times before.  I guess eventually they will get the right QB/coach combo.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

That’s most of the ballgame here.  If you know you don’t have it now, don’t continue to build around it and overinvest in it.  I think it’s an obvious path if they get the #1 pick.  If they don’t it’s not as clear. 

What we don’t really know is, how much douglass really thinks of darnold despite what he’s said, and how much better he thinks the offense will be when the wrs return.  Gase has shown that he doesn’t like taking risks on offense when he feels he doesn’t have the personnel.  It sure does seem as if douglas knows gase will eventually get canned by the johnsons and douglas can say that decision was out of his control.  But if darnold really doesn’t show much more this year and the can’t get Lawrence, what’s the plan - fields? 

I have to really watch Fields this season, his athleticism is intriguing.   Having the threat of a running QB really changes the way defenses have to play you.  I think it makes it easier for a young QB to have success early.  We are seeing it happen too many times for it to be a fluke.  

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company