Quinnen Williams fed up already?

AFJF

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

If you're used to playing for Alabama going to the Northwest Missouri State of the NFL would be a rude awakening.

Joe Burrow said it last week -- he'd never lost two games in a row in his life before last week. That's how it is for a lot of kids who come from these programs. 

Correct, thus some of my comments about Trevor Lawrence.  He will be going from playing for clemson vs the citadel to go to the jets who are the citadel vs clemson or bama

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

True, but it doesn't mean you don't take him.

I would only take him if Gase was fired before hand.  Even then I'd rather trade down and actually build a team and then get a QB who has a chance.  Tossing Lawrence into the mess we have now is another fail project.

Now the above for me is predicted on me not thinking Lawernce is the 2nd coming that many on here think he is.

I did not take away from this that he was unhappy being a Jet or even that he hates the media. He seemed very composed. The questions were stupid. Clearly he was upset and frustrated with losing and the way they lost. Especially since he played fairly well individually. 

Just now, Beerfish said:

I would only take him if Gase was fired before hand.  Even then I'd rather trade down and actually build a team and then get a QB who has a chance.  Tossing Lawrence into the mess we have now is another fail project.

Now the above for me is predicted on me not thinking Lawernce is the 2nd coming that many on here think he is.

It’s already clear that gase won’t be the HC next season.  He’s already coaching to manage the final score like Rex and bowles did their last season here when they knew they couldn’t win.  The question is, will the jets get a top 2 pick so they don’t have to trade up for a qb if they want one, and will anyone good still want to coach darnold if he’s still the qb.

12 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If you're used to playing for Alabama going to the Northwest Missouri State of the NFL would be a rude awakening.

Joe Burrow said it last week -- he'd never lost two games in a row in his life before last week. That's how it is for a lot of kids who come from these programs. 

Jamal Adams the same. Which is why these kids force their way out now... smart enough to know it’s easier to go where the culture is good, rather than paddle against the current in bad culture.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s already clear that gase won’t be the HC next season.  He’s already coaching to manage the final score like Rex and bowles did their last season here when they knew they couldn’t win.  The question is, will the jets get a top 2 pick so they don’t have to trade up for a qb if they want one, and will anyone good still want to coach darnold if he’s still the qb.

Rex and Bowles both lasted at least one if not two years more than they should have due to our owners and gms.  The injury and rebuild excuses will be trotted out and they will 'Give gase one more year'

I will be very surprised if they fire Gase no matter what our record is.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Jamal Adams the same. Which is why these kids force their way out now... smart enough to know it’s easier to go where the culture is good, rather than paddle against the current in bad culture.

Which is why a guy like Adams is a 100% low character pure fraud.  A guy who thinks and proclaims himself as a leader but after a couple years bail out rather than actually take the hard road and change the culture.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Rex and Bowles both lasted at least one if not two years more than they should have due to our owners and gms.  The injury and rebuild excuses will be trotted out and they will 'Give gase one more year'

I will be very surprised if they fire Gase no matter what our record is.

If this were gase’s first year i could see this, but not if the jets are 3-13 and in a position to draft a new qb.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Read somewhere that he said it six times in a row.  Could've been an exaggeration.

Its not exaggeration.  The tweet you posted from Vacchiano -- he says it at least 5 or 6 times.  Here is another player - Jordan Jenkins.   Seems like a lot of frustration in that locker room.

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I would only take him if Gase was fired before hand. 

The only way we have a chance to take him is if we have the worst record in the NFL. If we have the worst record in the NFL Adam Gase will be fired.

I agree that simply replacing Darnold with another QB isn't going to make us that much better, but I think the idea is 1) replace Gase with a good coach 2) draft generational QB 3) use the rest of our picks on key players on offense and 4) use the fact that we'll be one of the only teams in the NFL with cap space to again, add more pieces around the rookie on offense.

Personally I'm okay with the defense continuing to suck if we have a clean slate on offense and go all in on Trevor Lawrence. Instead of doing what we did with Darnold we go all in on Lawrence and his rookie contract from the jump. The guy is Josh Allen if he were a good passer.

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What's amazing to me is that even when the talent is poor you often see NFL teams change their culture overnight with the right coach. Gase is the opposite of that. He seems to magnify underlying issues.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Which is why a guy like Adams is a 100% low character pure fraud.  A guy who thinks and proclaims himself as a leader but after a couple years bail out rather than actually take the hard road and change the culture.

Yea, Not defending him. Just calling it what it is.

• Upvote 1