How worried are you about the turf?

AFJF

Maybe if they didn't wimp out of padded practices with the CBA  - we wouldn't be seeing this major rash of injuries.

I predicted tons of injuries this season , with the CBA limiting practice time and with Covid-19 eliminating the PS, it was inevitable.

Turf is always going to be harder on players than natural grass especially when its brand new, it will wear in just fine.  And the newer Field Turf type surfaces are miles better than the older Astroturf. If Shanahan wants to bitch go blame the players union . 

• Upvote 1

Didn't feel right - did it have too much "give"?  Were there lumps or seems exposed?  Was it not consistent from endzone to endzone?  Remember this being an issue during the AstroTurf days, but this is a first I'm hearing with the new stuff.  GS changed to grass for several seasons after the VT injury.  Ravens refused to take the field in Philly for a PS game during the 1st season of HK.  

2 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Didn't feel right - did it have too much "give"?  Were there lumps or seems exposed?  Was it not consistent from endzone to endzone?  Remember this being an issue during the AstroTurf days, but this is a first I'm hearing with the new stuff.  GS changed to grass for several seasons after the VT injury.  Ravens refused to take the field in Philly for a PS game during the 1st season of HK.  

I believe the players were saying the field felt "sticky". You can imagine that if a players cleats are getting stuck in the field while they are getting pushed down it could lead to a lot of twisting force on the knees and ankles. 

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

I believe the players were saying the field felt "sticky". You can imagine that if a players cleats are getting stuck in the field while they are getting pushed down it could lead to a lot of twisting force on the knees and ankles. 

Wow.  Wonder if that could just mean that the surface isn't broken in yet.