Sign in to follow this  
AFJF

How worried are you about the turf?

SF said the turf didn't feel right and felt it contributed to all of the injuries.

Last thing I want to see is Becton or Q going down with an ACL injury.

Why should any of us be worried?  

Woody and the Mara's and Tisch's will have to dig deep to replace it. 

Cant pass it on to the fans this season. 

Maybe if they didn't wimp out of padded practices with the CBA  - we wouldn't be seeing this major rash of injuries.

I predicted tons of injuries this season , with the CBA limiting practice time and with Covid-19 eliminating the PS, it was inevitable.

Turf is always going to be harder on players than natural grass especially when its brand new, it will wear in just fine.  And the newer Field Turf type surfaces are miles better than the older Astroturf. If Shanahan wants to bitch go blame the players union . 

• Upvote 1

Very.  So many injuries.  Quite concerning. I'm sure they will go into full denial mode and do nothing.

Didn't feel right - did it have too much "give"?  Were there lumps or seems exposed?  Was it not consistent from endzone to endzone?  Remember this being an issue during the AstroTurf days, but this is a first I'm hearing with the new stuff.  GS changed to grass for several seasons after the VT injury.  Ravens refused to take the field in Philly for a PS game during the 1st season of HK.  

You really need to analyze the mechanism of each injury, test the artificial grass blades' slip coefficient and measure/map the entire field surface compression strength to confirm uniformity. 

2 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Didn't feel right - did it have too much "give"?  Were there lumps or seems exposed?  Was it not consistent from endzone to endzone?  Remember this being an issue during the AstroTurf days, but this is a first I'm hearing with the new stuff.  GS changed to grass for several seasons after the VT injury.  Ravens refused to take the field in Philly for a PS game during the 1st season of HK.  

I believe the players were saying the field felt "sticky". You can imagine that if a players cleats are getting stuck in the field while they are getting pushed down it could lead to a lot of twisting force on the knees and ankles. 

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

I believe the players were saying the field felt "sticky". You can imagine that if a players cleats are getting stuck in the field while they are getting pushed down it could lead to a lot of twisting force on the knees and ankles. 

Wow.  Wonder if that could just mean that the surface isn't broken in yet. 

As long as Adam Gase is standing on that turf, I am very worried.

Turf?

Watching our wide receivers I could swear they were playing on quicksand.

Also, the Giants and Steelers reported no problems with the turf from their game at MetLife last weekend.

MetLife turf leading the Defensive Player of the Year race after two weeks. 

If it's bad they will change it so its a non-issue in a failed season.