Sign in to follow this  
Rhg1084

Adam Gase favorite play!

Not to defend gase but rolling the qb eliminates half of the field. If you roll right the d knows it's going right.

It also gives Sam a chance to throw that ugly cross body interception into the middle of the field he loves so much

Not once... Because the play you show involves the QB rolling out of pocket... Gase doesn't have those plays. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

His 4 favorite's with the fin's were...run left...run up the middle...screen pass...punt on 4th and 3. 

• Upvote 1

Gase loves screens that can be seen by a blind person presnap

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ben Had said:

His 4 favorite's with the fin's were...run left...run up the middle...screen pass...punt on 4th and 3. 

I remember getting annoyed with Paul Can’t Hackett and his never ending draw plays but Gase’s screen passes are worse, way worse

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

He didnt run that play even a tiny fraction of the 30 runs up the middle. 

I dont think we saw a run to the right of left until the 4th quarter when Perine was finally playing. 

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Agreed, but you have to admit that TD pass to Berrios was a really nice throw, one that many guys in the league probably can't make.

Unfortunately that was a completely broken down play anyways. It was Sam improvising, which is something he does very well, but Gase doesnt like that, he wants to force a square peg in a round hole. 

• Upvote 4

Gase has no ingenuity. It's crazy that Burrow, Herbert & Minshew look more competent than Darnold. Its a reflection of the coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Not to defend gase but rolling the qb eliminates half of the field. If you roll right the d knows it's going right.

It also gives Sam a chance to throw that ugly cross body interception into the middle of the field he loves so much

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

All I am saying is that Gase never ran that play as drawn... Because it involves a roll out which Gase doesn't do... Not saying anything other then that... 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Unfortunately that was a completely broken down play anyways. It was Sam improvising, which is something he does very well, but Gase doesnt like that, he wants to force a square peg in a round hole. 

Which is why if he doesn't start adapting his system to fit his players strengths, especially the QB, he will not be long for this NFL world. Good coaches design a plan to take advantage of what their guys do best.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, victorjets said:

Braxton Berrios and Chris Hogan! WTF?

4fqe9p.gif.80c77faf0243bb29a9d9f57caa2485ff.gif

49ers blitzed so I’m pretty sure this is a check with me situation. Malone and Darnold reacted to the blitz and got the screen check which would’ve left 3 WRs vs 2 CBs. Berrios and Hogan didn’t notice the blitz and ran what looks would’ve been a rub route/ scissors concept. 

23 minutes ago, victorjets said:

Said the same thing when I saw that play. Wonder how many more times things like this are happening beyond the camera angle view.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Agreed, but you have to admit that TD pass to Berrios was a really nice throw, one that many guys in the league probably can't make.

Sam Darnold: King of Garbage Time

it's nice of him to show up, kickoff was 3 hours ago 

2 hours ago, victorjets said:

If our 2 receivers would of blocked like they were supposed to we might have gotten 2 or 3 more yards out of that play - could of been a big difference in the game.

Yes the ultra conservative yet ultra dangerous WR swing pass. Easily to be read and intercepted by dbs and taken to the house for 6.  But on the bright side we sometimes gain 1 yard. Such a Brilliant offensive mind he is.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

If our 2 receivers would of blocked like they were supposed to we might have gotten 2 or 3 more yards out of that play - could of been a big difference in the game.

Or if Sam just threw to one of them. Wide open check down.

3 hours ago, section314 said:

If Sam doesn’t make plays like that, let’s face it, he is not good. That is what makes him special. It was the same for when Bates was calling the plays. I really thought Sam could make anyone look good because of it. Why don’t we see him even try that much anymore?  

• Upvote 1